Tutorial Index.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
This section is growing and I figured an index would make it a bit easier to navigate what has become one of the finer resources to the customizing community.

Tutorials by Our Members

1/18th Bench tutorial by Meddatron

1/18th Wood Chair Tutorial by Meddatron

Basic Figure Dissassembly – GI Joe Modern Era by G.I.*Eddie

Body Mods by Obi-Shinobi

Creating Dio Walls from Foam by Mandingo Rex

Custom Figure Painting Tutorial by MIKED

Easy Cardboard Structure by Fled47

Ghille Suits! by Marine_Deadpool

Hocky Tape & Lego Sail Loadouts by Rick

How to make an explosion effect without Photoshop by Zipidi Doodah

How to Paint Tiger Stripe Camo by Cloud Strife

LED Tutorial by XOC2008

Make your own money briefcase by Meddatron

Marine_Deadpool's Camo Tutorial

Marine_Deadpool's Hand Painted Digital Camo Tutorial

MP9 Leg Holster Strap Construction by Giga Bread

Metal Gear MSF styled stabo gear by Giga Bread

My guide to dirtying up figures by MMorelock66

Negative space painting tutorial by Meddatron

Photoshop tute: Adding Blood To Your Photos by Fled47

Photoshop tute: Adding muzzle flashes and more to your photos by Fled47

Photoshop Tute: Rain! by Fled47

Quick Desert Dio Setup by Fled47

Rigid Soft Goods: Capes and such by The Willoughbian

Rocker Ankle Tutorial by Obi-Sinobi

SDCC 2012 Soundwave/Retaliation HISS conversion for POC elevated treads by Meddatron

Smoke Column Tutorial by Zipidi Doodah

SWG's molding and casting tutorial

Tank Weathering by pcsguy88

Links/Videos

Daremos Dojo: A comprehensive collection of tutorials on all things Ninja

Jin Saotomes Dangerous Toys: Great tutorials for the beginner and advanced ones for the experienced

ProCustomizers.com has a great tutorial section

Videos and Tutorials by starswarsgeek

Thebige61's youtube channel. Though this guy does model railroad, his techniques can easily be applied to other scales. Some of the stuff he does is just insane. Well worth browsing his vids

Let me know if there is anything else we want added. Like links to other sites and such. Feel free to add anything relevant.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Very nice idea!...

I'm gonna have to get the camera out and do a follow up to my "basic" figure disassembly...I had one at one point but it got lost in the "great crush" I guess

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks. When I first signed up here the tutorial section was like half a page and much easier to browse. I thought this would be a little easier than sticking each and every tutorial thread.

Last edited:

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Added a link to your videos. If I may suggest, you may wish to update the Molding and Casting playlist to include all five videos. One sort of has to hunt for parts 3 to 5.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Also, if you have the time, can you create a thread for the video Tut's SWG?

It would be nice to have a thread for them so people can discuss/ask questions etc

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
So does this work, then? A section for the tutorial threads here and a section for links to other sites/youtube videos. Also how do I do link to youtube videos without embedding them. It won't do to have the index full of embedded videos. Or does they way I linked to starwarsgeek's vids work?

Last edited:

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
You know, I did think about doing that way and it sill may end up being like that. My thought was to just get the tutorials that people from this board had written collected, so we could see at least see what's there. Then have a section for tutorials from around the web. But, yeah, a breakdown of painting, figure building, diorama, vehicles, or something like that would be doable. I'm hesitant to divide things into too many categories, just because I feel the simplest solution is usually the best. The tuts are aptly titled enough that people can find what they are looking for without me inventing a category to describe it. I think it's a good idea. Let me sleep on it.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Added a link to your videos. If I may suggest, you may wish to update the Molding and Casting playlist to include all five videos. One sort of has to hunt for parts 3 to 5.

Not sure what happened there... stupid YouTube. But you might want to change the link to the one I just uploaded here instead...

Also, if you have the time, can you create a thread for the video Tut's SWG?

It would be nice to have a thread for them so people can discuss/ask questions etc

Done.

http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5449

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
It's my opinion that this is really one of the better, if not the best, tutorial board on the web right now. I'm gonna have to spend some time gathering more external links. If anybody knows of any cool tutorials around the web please let me know. Initially I was just trying to get an inventory of the stuff people had written for here, but we may as well have a directory of what's out there on the web too.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Procustomizers has some really good ones...from how to properly clean brushes to lighting, to drybrushing...lots of good stuff...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't see why it's a big deal...we aren't like that here...besides, if we don't have a particular tut here, why not share where we could find it...

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Mostly I wish to be respectful to the authors. It's not that I thought that anyone here would mind if I posted a link to another site. There's a few links here that I wouldn't post on certain sites, because I know the author/s might not wish it.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I'm planning on doing a "Customizing 101" type of tutorial series, covering everything from start to finish. I'll post links here, or even copy the text and videos into a thread here. I'm hoping to do it on a weekly basis, starting next month.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Anyone have a good tutorial on sculpting?

Also need someone to give me some guidelines on how to paint match - I've tried with little success.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Google "sculpting with fixit"...that's the best I could find for figures...

Paint matching...start with a base as close as you can...then look at it and what you want to match and try to think/see what color the one you are trying to match has more of...like "hmm, that one appears more pinker than what I have so far"...add a tiny bit of red...

One thing I haven't been able to yet is make a color brighter or more vivid...