Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Great photos, the guy in #3 even looks like he's squinting from the blast!

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Eugene B Sledge, his books called " With the old Breed at Peleliu and Oakinawa" if you haven't read it, well then you need to, probably the best book ever written about the Marines life in combat, and it's impossible to set it down once you start. I'm reading it to my kids every night before bed and they can't wait every night. The stories my Dad told me come to life in the pages of this book, it's why I joined up !

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
Ahhh,I am familiar with Sledge, but only from the Pacific show, which is based on the book. I did however read Generation Kill before I saw the HBO series, which is also good.But the book is almost always better. I will get Sledge's book. It's kinda funny I haven't yet because I have a pretty large library of WWII books. Thanks for the recommendation, saltymarine.

Eugene B Sledge, his books called " With the old Breed at Peleliu and Oakinawa" if you haven't read it, well then you need to, probably the best book ever written about the Marines life in combat, and it's impossible to set it down once you start. I'm reading it to my kids every night before bed and they can't wait every night. The stories my Dad told me come to life in the pages of this book, it's why I joined up !