U.S. Special Forces ODA: Afghanistan, early 2000s

Jhill97

May 20, 2018
Another repaint, just my take on an ODA team member from the early 2000s. It's mostly complete, though I will likely touch somethings up (just realized the shoulder tattoo needs to be a little more symmetrical), add weathering, etc. Also, any suggestions, things I can make more accurate, etc. would be welcome!

IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
three color desert camo would be the more accurate camo for an ODA in Afghanistan in the early 2000s

Reactions: Jhill97

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
three color desert camo would be the more accurate camo for an ODA in Afghanistan in the early 2000s

It would work, but I'd guess they would have a mix of whatever was available at the time. Without specifying more as to where/when, anything before the digitized stuff would be fair game, especially if you were pretending it was one of the more lax ODAs in country.

Jhill97

May 20, 2018
I was thinking that 3-color would have been more common too, but since the original figure already came that way and since we've seen so many of these done exactly that way, I thought I'd give it woodland for something different. And either way, U.S. woodland is still effective in plenty of parts of Afghanistan.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
I was thinking that 3-color would have been more common too, but since the original figure already came that way and since we've seen so many of these done exactly that way, I thought I'd give it woodland for something different. And either way, U.S. woodland is still effective in plenty of parts of Afghanistan.
I will say later on our SF started using woodland camo for their uniforms again but that was mainly for blending in with indigenous forces such as ANA, ANCOP, ANP, Etc but that would be a bit later on probably around the time the US Army started using the UCP pattern.