Unimax's Bravo Team is coming back.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Before you whip out the Jergens, it's just WWII and it's only stuff that we've already seen. M4, Tiger I, Krauts and Yanks.

Don't know when, or where at. Pics at you know where.

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
They left?

The Targets here still have the figures. I've never seen the Tanks in store though. They are on their website though. Question on the Tanks, how accurate in scale are they?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're 1:18, not like PTE.
And yes, most Targets stopped carrying the line ~2 years ago.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
They're 1:18, not like PTE.
And yes, most Targets stopped carrying the line ~2 years ago.

Interesting. The Tiger looks really cool. Unimax has it for $50 on their site.

My Targets still have the modern Bravo Team figs. They look like trash minus some decent accessories lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Their Tiger is actually more accurate than 21st's, as far having the correct features for the production type depicted. I remember when Small Joes had them for less than 40. Never pulled the trigger, though.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Their Tiger is actually more accurate than 21st's, as far having the correct features for the production type depicted. I remember when Small Joes had them for less than 40. Never pulled the trigger, though.

Cool! Thanks for the education. What's your thoughts on the halftrack?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The big thing the Unimax M16 has over 21st's is that there's 360º rotation on the Maxson quad. I'd buy one if it showed up on store shelves.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I thought the WWII stuff was available through online retailers the whole time.. maybe the stock just never ran out.

Wish the modern stuff would come out.. or some vietnam stuff..

The vehicles have been on the Unimax site for awhile now.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I don't think you can buy them from Unimax though.

They re-released the Tiger and Sherman (and M16 I think) to online retailers only after Target stopped carrying them. Of course they came with a higher price point...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I wish they would retool that Sherman and make a version with a long barreled 76mm gun and a different turret. If these show up in stores for $25 again I'll have to buy at least one more Sherman. Of course they'll probably be more like $30 because the price of toys has been gradually rising since I first saw these all those years ago when I was in high school. I'd be surprised if Unimax put the 1/18 WWII figures out on the market for less than $7.

Last edited:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Interesting. The Tiger looks really cool. Unimax has it for $50 on their site.

My Targets still have the modern Bravo Team figs. They look like trash minus some decent accessories lol.
I haven't seen those in a looong time!
:wtf: what kind of Target do you have?! I'm almost positive the clearances are company-wide. It's just up to management on when to do it. If so then your store's management team is overdue for firing!

I had no idea Unimax was still alive.

I only got the one grenadier German soldier from that line. I would love to get the rest at retail prices.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I've got a NIB M16 I plan on selling, if anyone wants one. I've also got a woodland Abrams, also NIB.

SharkyRivethead

The Unwashed
Mar 17, 2014
First off, hi everyone.
Next. I want to know where these target stores are located. It's been a few years since I've seen any forces of valor, bravo team, elite forces or 21st century toys around here. Shoot, even gi Joes are hard to come by. Matter of fact, (I live in CA, bay area) target stores here don't sell anything military, Not even gi joe. Not so sure about outside of the bay area. But there are at least 10 local stores that I've been to with nada.

Ok. I'm a fool. Just saw when that last post was dated. Duh.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Haha no worries.. yeah I live in So Cal and I haven't seen anything military related since GI JOE got the boot.

I'd love for them to carry the line again.. I feel like an idiot for passing on so many Bravo Team 1:18 figures for $5 now!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I remember buying a few Bravo Team figures back in the day. It seemed like the logical choice considering that Hasbro figures were almost always pricier. That said, one thing that I hate about Unimax figures is that you have to give almost everyone of them the hot water treatment. The joints are so tight that if your not careful, you'll snap their hands, legs, and torsos in half without much effort. It was very annoying to pay money for something that broke within a minute of opening.

On a similar note, my sister actually got a Unimax Tiger for me as a Christmas present several years ago. All I can say is that it looks decent enough, but the treads have the propensity to fall out of alignment rather easily, and don't roll nearly as smoothly as PTE or 21st Century tanks. Its hatches don't open up very much either. If you desperately need a Tiger I for your collection, it's OK, but at $40-50 perhaps you should hunt down a JSI/21st Tiger or Panther. Your already laying down a bit of cash so you might as well pay a little extra for some quality turret interior details. The Unimax Tiger and Sherman tanks should really be reserved for us extreme penny pinchers and cheap bastards.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I remember buying a few Bravo Team figures back in the day. It seemed like the logical choice considering that Hasbro figures were almost always pricier. That said, one thing that I hate about Unimax figures is that you have to give almost everyone of them the hot water treatment. The joints are so tight that if your not careful, you'll snap their hands, legs, and torsos in half without much effort. It was very annoying to pay money for something that broke within a minute of opening.

On a similar note, my sister actually got a Unimax Tiger for me as a Christmas present several years ago. All I can say is that it looks decent enough, but the treads have the propensity to fall out of alignment rather easily, and don't roll nearly as smoothly as PTE or 21st Century tanks. Its hatches don't open up very much either. If you desperately need a Tiger I for your collection, it's OK, but at $40-50 perhaps you should hunt down a JSI/21st Tiger or Panther. Your already laying down a bit of cash so you might as well pay a little extra for some quality turret interior details. The Unimax Tiger and Sherman tanks should really be reserved for us extreme penny pinchers and cheap bastards.

Finding a 21st/JSI Tiger or Panther for that price would be a very rare occurrence.

Plus the Unimax is more historically accurate.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Haha no worries.. yeah I live in So Cal and I haven't seen anything military related since GI JOE got the boot.

I'd love for them to carry the line again.. I feel like an idiot for passing on so many Bravo Team 1:18 figures for $5 now!

I think military toys are banned in CA because they have high capacity magaines. :D

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
I have a few " 20 " or so marines an army figs NIB, I was buying them up as they went on
sale for fodder and the water cans an MRE cases, I used the pouches and gear on my acid rain figs,
they worked out perfectly, no painting necessary, May part with a few if anyone needs some, just pm me, I'll check my inventory. Or trade for the half track if anyone has one.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Finding a 21st/JSI Tiger or Panther for that price would be a very rare occurrence.

Plus the Unimax is more historically accurate.

Well, I got my my Panther for less than $50, but that was a long time ago, back in 2009 if I remember, so after 7 years I guess it should be unsurprising that they rose in price substantially.

Apparently, you can still get the redish brown JSI Panther for around $60 on Ebay. However both 21st and JSI Tigers are more on the $80-90 range, so getting the Unimax one maybe cheaper (assuming your not buying the Unimax one on Ebay because the folks on there just love a sucker).

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I have 2 woodland camo Bradley's from the bravo team line. They look really good with the woodland elite force humvee. Cool vehicles,but I've learned vehicles aren't my thing:( gonna ebay them out soon.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Well then I guess they aren't coming back. What will we do without our $30 Humvees and LAVs incapable of holding troops in the back?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Of course! With that $30 I can buy a broken Night Viper with no arms or legs.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Well, I got my my Panther for less than $50, but that was a long time ago, back in 2009 if I remember, so after 7 years I guess it should be unsurprising that they rose in price substantially.

Apparently, you can still get the redish brown JSI Panther for around $60 on Ebay. However both 21st and JSI Tigers are more on the $80-90 range, so getting the Unimax one maybe cheaper (assuming your not buying the Unimax one on Ebay because the folks on there just love a sucker).

Last 2 Panthers I sold went for $50.