Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
All orders through WE 3-1-14 have now shipped with the exception of a couple of orders for contributors who recently sent me items to copy. Those will ship as soon as I get their items they sent me copied. I'm currently about 7/16ths of the way done making the parts for the orders from WE 3-8-14, so I'm looking at having those ship out most likely either Monday, or Tuesday of next week.

Now for international orders, it is required that anyone shipping internationally put the phone number of the recipient on the customs form. So going forward your orders WILL NOT be shipped until I get your phone number for the customs form. Your number will not be used for anything other than filling out the form.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I should be able to finish up the last pieces for WE 3-8-13 today when I get up. I just added a great new set of hands for characters w/ claws on them

Also today begins the 3rd week of my 2nd anniversary month. This weeks' special is one more free item on orders of $50 or more. So at $50 you 2 extras (of you choice up to $5 per item.) at $100 you get 3 freebies, at $150 you'll get 4, and at 200 you'll get 5. Again the extras are your choice, but you gotta keep them at $5 or less.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Nice, Microman Catwoman claw hands in hard plastic.

Yeah, one of my customers sent them to me to copy as part of his order a couple of weeks ago. He wanted them for a custom of Tigra that he ordered the parts for from my store, and they could be used for a male, or female figure. So you could put them on Black Panther, Catwoman, or any number of other clawed characters. Now granted for larger characters like Sabretooth you'll need a much larger set of clawed hands, but for smaller characters these'll work great. I'm working on a couple of sets of male hands w/ articulation in the wrists. I have a set of movie Iron Man hands that I'm going to make able to angle backwards, and a set of hands from the MU Electro figure that I'm working on as well. Next up after those will be to ones from Retaliation.

I'm planning on trying to add some male arms, and legs to my store like I did w/ the female arms, and legs

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, I've got the rubbery ones and hate them

Yeah having seen, and felt them in hand I know what you mean, but the ones I have are cast in my 1/2, and 1/2 mixture so it's a nice midgrade plastic like the hands of my detective figure kit you got. Also the joints in the wrists are the same joints from the "Thwipp" hands so they fit most Hasbro wrists.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
The last of the orders for WE 3-8-14 are ready to go, and my shipping clerk will be packing them up, and sending them out tonight. So when I get home from work in the morning I'll be getting started making the orders for WE 3-15-14. I already went through my premades, and pulled out the items that I had already made, and that actually put a pretty good sized dent in the list of items that need to be made.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
For those who never got enough Bee Keepers: http://vortiouscustomaccessories.ecrater.com/p/19618849/bee-keeper-soldier

And thanks to Jason Abbadon we can now make a leader for our Bee Keeper armies: http://vortiouscustomaccessories.ecrater.com/p/19618850/bee-keeper-leader

I also replaced the Secret Agent Strongman set with a better head, and hat: http://vortiouscustomaccessories.ecrater.com/p/19618860/secret-agent-strongman

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I thought I had mentioned this...

Received my order of facehuggers and one chest buster...man I LOVE these! That facehugger must have been a bitch to mold because of the twisty tail and the detail underneath, but he did an excellent job.

I'm now waiting for a small batch of plasma rifles to come in to equip my Terminators.

Thanks Dennis!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I thought I had mentioned this...

Received my order of facehuggers and one chest buster...man I LOVE these! That facehugger must have been a bitch to mold because of the twisty tail and the detail underneath, but he did an excellent job.

I'm now waiting for a small batch of plasma rifles to come in to equip my Terminators.

Thanks Dennis!

Yes the face huggers are a ROYAL pain. They were worse when I was just doing one at a time, but I have a multimold now so I don't have to worry too much if one doesn't turn out, because I can usually get at least one, or two good ones out of that mold.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Don't forget guys the deal for the additional extra item above the regular extras deal I always give ends at midnight. I'll let you guys know what my last week of March deal is tomorrow. I honestly haven't decided what it's going to be yet, but I'm sure you guys'll love it.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well this is the last week of the Anniversary month. So let's end this 2 year anniversary with a BANG. DOUBLE the regular extras. So at $50 you'll get to choose $10 worth of items for free in addition to your order, $20 worth at $100, $30 at $150, or $40 at $200. So go through the site, and make your list of items you want to get, and add it all up, and see how much you can get for free. This has been a great 2 years, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where this is heading the rest of this year, and beyond.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Here's a sneak peak at project V. I'm hoping to have it ready to go into the store Sunday. Just want to say thanks again to Onyx for selling me the molds to get the torso for this set up.

Don't forget that this is the last week for the $3.12 heads. Sunday they go back to $4.50 for the average size ones, and $5 for the larger ones.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Ooooooo!..I like it!...though, I'm not sure if the head is setting too high, or it's too small, or both...but the design added to the Herc chest (?) looks exceptionally good...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ooooooo!..I like it!...though, I'm not sure if the head is setting too high, or it's too small, or both...but the design added to the Herc chest (?) looks exceptionally good...

Same thoughts I had.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013

Same thoughts I had.

Yeah I agree I think the head is sitting just a little too high, and that's one of the reasons it's not quite ready to go into the store yet. As far as the design goes I wish I could take credit for it, but Shayne907 of MUCC, and his brother who did the detailing on the torso.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Don't forget guys today is the last day for the $3.12 heads, and the extras deals starting at $50. Tomorrow starts the first week ending in an April date so today is the end of the fiscal month.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
The store is on hold for today while I finish preparing some new items, and the April special. The special this month is orders over $50 before shipping get an Easter egg w/ a piece of Hershey's candy, and either a random item or if you're lucky you'll get one of the 4 eggs that has a code in it for a free $20 order. I have 40 eggs that's 10 per week (9 with an item, and 1 with the free order code) since I usually only have about 5 orders per week that is $50 or over I figured that if I set up double that I should be ok. I'll be reopening on Monday to start the April special.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys, I'm looking over the schedule this week, and I think it'll be best for me to just leave the store closed for this week. Usually I wouldn't have so much going on that I'd be worried about getting behind. However my daughter has two doctors appointments this week, and we have our court hearing on Wednesday, and God only knows how long that's going to take. So I'm going to reopen next Sunday.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well now that all of that OG 12 silliness is over, here's a peak at some new items from VCA
Items built around the sculpts of Thorodinson from MUCC:

Lightning Strike's head is from Thorodinson, and his mace is from GI Joey

Buzzard's head is from Thorodinson, and his wings are cast in green. I'll be re-sculpting that collar

I finally figured out how to cast in silver:

Also if I remember correctly someone on here asked about this a while back:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Superman is bada$$!!...not sure if that is a proto, and I'm not sure if I'll be the only one making this request, but might you consider attempting to make the blue a bit more toned towards a classic Superman blue and NOT the MoS blue?

Also, modifying that to have a double neck would be great for flying poses...

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Superman is bada$$!!...not sure if that is a proto, and I'm not sure if I'll be the only one making this request, but might you consider attempting to make the blue a bit more toned towards a classic Superman blue and NOT the MoS blue?

Also, modifying that to have a double neck would be great for flying poses...

You mean the Herc neck? Yeah he's got that.

And yes this one is just a proto. The parts will be listed separately so as to keep THEM at bay. The arms, and legs are going to be cast Hidden pegged. This means that they'll arrive WITH OUT pegs being needed AT ALL. As with everything in my store colors will be up to you guys. So litterally if you can dream it you'll be able to build it. I'm going to try to get some more male bodies in soon too. These copies of officially made figures are only temporary though, as I'm working w/ my 3D designer on developing some figures of my own design that will actually put the Boss Fight figures to shame. Yes that's right those figures that you guys are clamoring for now aren't going to hold a candle to the ones we're working on.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Right right...forgot about that...too cool!

so if I want a more Christopher Reeve Superman blue color, that is possible?!

You mean kind of like the color of my Beast kit?

Sure no prob.

Oh, and all female legs ordered starting w/ WE 3-29-14 will get these:

Yep no more pegs for the ladies' legs.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
That's mighty bold talk. Color me interadasted!

I just heard from my 3D designer, and I might have some images of the arm, and leg designs to post tomorrow afternoon, or Saturday morning. I mean I could post the sketches I sent him, but w/o seeing the 3D model some stuff might get lost in the translation. The arms are designed to have both the bicep, and the elbow swivel. The legs will have the thigh swivel w/ a new twist that I think hides it much better, and the torso has both the ab crunch, and the torso swivel for greater range of motion. He asked about the necessity of waist swivel, and I did a double check of my natural movement, and there's really no need for waist swivel. Try it out yourself only your upper torso actually turns not your waist.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, waist swivels don't exist in real life, and are mostly antiquated joints in toys.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Exactly what I meant, yeah...

So if there's a mid torso joint, I see no need for a waist swivel...BUT, if there's no mid torso joint, a waist swivel is the least that should be done...

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Alright guys I've got some last minute additions to ThorOdinSon's sculpted works that I'm going to get in tomorrow morning. So I'm going to aim for a Tuesday reopening to allow for molding, and casting time for the first copies of them to go with the heads that he sent me. Sorry for the delays, but trust me it WILL be WELL worth it.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Didn't quite have time to get all of the new items in this evening, but I'll finish up in the morning, and then I'll reopen.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Let me know when you post Supes :)

Probably about a week or so. I have some more tests that I need to run to ensure the durability of the parts. I had a small issue with the large figure kits so I'll make sure that things with those kits are all good, and what happened to my Venom was just a one time snafu, and I'll try to get them in ASAP, but I'll need about a week or so to do the casts, and the testing so please be patient about those.

In the mean time I just reopened with 36 new items for you to choose from. Remember that 10% of the money that comes in from Thorodinson's work goes to him. He is the first of what I'm sure is going to be a great many sculptors, and other artists who will be benefiting from the VCA artist incentive program.

Also I know I'm getting kind of a late start on this month's deal, but I have 39 Easter eggs set up for orders of $50 or more. 36 of them have a piece of candy, and a random part from my store, but 3 of them will have a piece of candy, and a code which gives the lucky customer who gets it a free $20 email order. Basically you email me w/ the code, and your list of items totaling $20, and I'll get the items out to you.