Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Is this it?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nope, that's a cast of a 21st Century German tank commander's crusher cap.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I'm getting ready to go down to the workshop right now to take some new molds out, and fill them so I can try to get them into the store this afternoon. So I'm aiming to reopen either this afternoon, or tomorrow morning.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I have a few last minute items in right now, so I'll be reopening tomorrow morning probably around 10-11 am est

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok guys 23 new items, and 2 new services added (Furball kit, and suited figure assembly). The store is now back open for business

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Man, the mad scientist head sculpt looks like Geraldo Rivera!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys I'm almost caught up on making molds of the parts that have been sent to me so I'm getting ready to start up the celebration of the close of my second, and the start of my third year in business by rewarding the artists that help me out with their sculpting, shrinking, and 3D printing skills. Going forward these artists will not only get their names in the description of the piece they designed, but also will be financially rewarded for their work beginning with the items that have recently been sent to me by a couple of artists, and going forward starting 3-1-14:

VCA artist incentive program

I've been thinking about this for a while, and the artists
that contribute to my store should be getting more than just
a single copy of the item they sent to me. A copy is a good
payment for those who send me an item to copy, but the artists
should get paid for their work. So going forward all items that
are sculpted, shrunken, or 3D designed for me that I put in my
store will earn money for the original creator for the first 12
months that the item is in the store.

Now I've gone over the figures of what I make off of each
type of item after materials, and to be able to do this w/o
losing money I'd need about 90% of the value of the items.
So I'll be paying the artists 10% of the price I charge for
the item for 12 months. Every month I'll send the designers
a paypal payment for the 10% of the amount that their items
made during that month. I'll put an * on the spread sheet
next to the item that artist made listed under their name,
and multiply the number of * by the 10% amount.

Here's how I'm going to lay out the spread sheet for each
artist:

"Artist 1"
head price 4.5 10% .45 *** 1.35
torso price 10.5 10% 1.05 ** 2.10
weapon price 3 10% .30 ****1.20
total 4.65

Now I know that this doesn't seem like much, but it'll add up
trust me, and the more items you guys make, and send me the
more money you'll get.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I've gotten quite a few requests over the last 2 years about painting heads, and with my average weekly work load of orders being 15-20 orders totaling around $500-$700 (and growing) I don't have the time to paint the heads. So I'm hoping to find some talented painters who'd like to get some commission money flowing. What I'll do is I'll put a section in my store for the painting option, and I'll make a sub section for each artist as "Painting by:..." then I'll charge what ever you guys say as the price for painting per head+ shipping, and list the prices individually as "1 head", "2 heads", and so on to what ever number of heads the artist is willing to take on at one time from any individual customer. Then when I get an order that wants their heads painted I'll send the order to the painter, and paypal the money for the painting, and shipping that was paid to me to the painter. I think this will be a great source of income for those of you who like painting, and it'll be a big step for VCA. Like I said I've got some big plans for the next few years, and beyond.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd do it, but everyone knows I suck at head painting.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Hey guys I'm almost caught up on making molds of the parts that have been sent to me so I'm getting ready to start up the celebration of the close of my second, and the start of my third year in business by rewarding the artists that help me out with their sculpting, shrinking, and 3D printing skills. Going forward these artists will not only get their names in the description of the piece they designed, but also will be financially rewarded for their work beginning with the items that have recently been sent to me by a couple of artists, and going forward starting 3-1-14:

VCA artist incentive program

I've been thinking about this for a while, and the artists
that contribute to my store should be getting more than just
a single copy of the item they sent to me. A copy is a good
payment for those who send me an item to copy, but the artists
should get paid for their work. So going forward all items that
are sculpted, shrunken, or 3D designed for me that I put in my
store will earn money for the original creator for the first 12
months that the item is in the store.

Now I've gone over the figures of what I make off of each
type of item after materials, and to be able to do this w/o
losing money I'd need about 90% of the value of the items.
So I'll be paying the artists 10% of the price I charge for
the item for 12 months. Every month I'll send the designers
a paypal payment for the 10% of the amount that their items
made during that month. I'll put an * on the spread sheet
next to the item that artist made listed under their name,
and multiply the number of * by the 10% amount.

Here's how I'm going to lay out the spread sheet for each
artist:

"Artist 1"
head price 4.5 10% .45 *** 1.35
torso price 10.5 10% 1.05 ** 2.10
weapon price 3 10% .30 ****1.20
total 4.65

Now I know that this doesn't seem like much, but it'll add up
trust me, and the more items you guys make, and send me the
more money you'll get.
damn dude, 10% is pretty good in my opinion. That will add up fast!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Maybe you should reach out to guys who's work you like?

Problem is that there are just too many people's artistic skill that I admire, and allot of the time they barely have time to do their own customs. So I'm putting it out there for everyone, and anyone interested will get about 6 heads, and weapons, and stuff to try their hand at painting them. So I can see how they turn out, and I'll post the pics of how their painting of my parts turns out in their add on my page.

damn dude, 10% is pretty good in my opinion. That will add up fast!

Thanks, and I'm thinking that it'll add up even more with the fact that the guys who made the items will probably be letting people know about their items being in the store. Which will increase sales of not only their items, but also other items that catch people's eyes. It's win, win, win.:)

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
As I posted earlier this week I've been asked by several customers if I offer painting services, and so I was looking for a painter to help with this. The awesome customizer Symbiote of MUCC has answered that call. He's charging $7 per head, and I've added $3 to that for shipping for him so it's $10 per head for painting. Please specify which item you are paying for the painting for in you comments. He's asked that I set the counter to 25 for now, and we'll see where it goes from there.

I can't thank you enough for this bro.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Adding Symbiote's painting service was part 1 of the VCA 2 year anniversary celebration. Part 2 is the reason I had everything on hold for the last hour, and a half. ALL HEADS that were $4.50-$5 are now $3.12 for the month of March to commemorate the month, and year that I opened my store. So come on over, and join in the celebration.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Anniversary month week 2 kicks off another new deal for you guys. Now I added assembly as an optional extra service towards the end of last month. However going forward all orders of $150 or more *before shipping* will get free assembly of 2 suited figure kits, or one Furball kit (only assembly is free you will have to pay for the kit itself). I won't be adding the flame wheel motorcycles to this because they won't fit into the boxes we currently use assembled.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
That's cool...though, I must admit, I had a lot of fun assembling the detective kit...

And it's even easier to assemble now that all of the joints on the suited figures are now hidden pegged it no longer requires pins. All you have to do is soak the parts in hot water, and pop the joints together.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
One more run of product in the morning, and the orders for WE 3-1-14 will be all made, and then just need to finish being sorted, and shipped. Then I'll get started on WE 3-8-14.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013

Um you liked the pins?:wtf:

I HATED the pins. That's why I'm working on replacing all of the pinned joints to have the hidden pegs. Plus that gives me a percent change IF the companies want to come after me. All I have to do is say look I took your design, and made it better, and they'll have to leave me alone. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eddie is a fan of double joints, though that could also be in reference to his desire to be pegged, which is a whole 'nother topic altogether. :trollface:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Sorry Eddie I didn't mean to make you feel like you got an inferior set of parts. I'm just trying to incorporate the new techniques I've learned into my older items to bring them more up to date, and to add a percentage of change to reduce the risk of the big companies telling me to cease, and desist from making the items they originally designed.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Haha, don't worry about it...I used the MU style arms you sent with the kit anyway...just had to rob some white shoulder balls from another figure I had bought previously for fodder...