Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
VCA R&D Special!!!!!

Saturday 9-20, and Sunday 9-21

Help me test out my newest cape/coat material Simpact 60A Urethane rubber.

I just pulled out the first cape that I've made with it, and I think it'll work great, but I want the help of my customers to decide if I should buy some whole gallons of it, or if I should stick with Urethane plastics.

Orders of $20 or more pick any cape, coat, or webgear of your choice in the color of your choice to test out for free.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
SPECIALS!!!!!!!!

So now you guys know what the daily specials are all about now that we've done one full week of them.

Daily Specials are scheduled as follows for Monday through Saturday every week going forward:

Monday

Mighty Monday

1 free Super hero (AC, or MC) head of your choice free for every $20 you spend

Tuesday

Torso Tuesday

Get a free torso for every $30 you spend

Wednesday

Weapons Wednesday

Get a free weapon of your choice for every $20 you spend.

Thursday

3XL Thursday

Spend $30 or more and get 3 items $10 or less free

Friday

Freebie Friday

Get 1 free head ($5, or less) for every $10 you spend

Saturday

Super Power Saturday

Get 1 free super power attack accessory under $10 for
every $30 you spend

Sundays I reset the specials for the whole week. For instance last week was $25 increments for the mystery chests instead of the usual $50 levels. This week the mystery chests go back up to $50 levels. However I have allot of those baby dragon kits right now (seriously like 2 16oz Red Solo cups full), so this week all orders of $25 or more gets a free baby dragon kit (random colors). This is in addition to the other specials that are going on.

Current ongoing specials:
Mystery Chest (ongoing):
One free mystery item at $50 increments (1 @ $50, 2 @ $100, 3 @ $150, 4 @ $200) before shipping. In these chests if you find a head, or item cast in gold coloring you get a free $20 order w/ free US shipping (international rates apply if the winner is outside the US). Just email me @ rodimusvts@verizon.net (this will be changing in a few days to vortious@comcast.net, that's going to be allot of work changing my email on all of those accounts I have on different sites, but we're saving about $700 p/y changing over to Xfinity)

RvsB Challenge special (through 11-30-14):
One free weapon, or tool when you spend $30 or more before shipping, and mention the RvsB challenge in the notes. You just need to put the name of the weapon, or tool you want next to the mentioning of the RvsB challenge

Halloween Spooktacular (through 10-25-14):
All Halloween related items have been reduced by $1, and moved to the Halloween Spooktacular section

Free figure kit assembly at $100 (ongoing)
Also free figure kit assembly for orders of $100 increments when you buy a figure kit. So if you get 2 figure kits as part of a $200 order then you get assembly on them for free. This is good for any figure kit (suited figures, build a figures, fur ball kit, and any future figure kits)

gaaway

Enlisted
May 14, 2011
Great deals that I will take advantage of soon.

Just one question, do you have a bearded Joe Colton head casted ? If so what is the number?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I don't have the official figure, but I think that my NC121 actually looks MUCH more like him than the official one does. What do you think?

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
If I remember correctly I actually have a that head in the pack of Stocos heads that I still need to cast. I'll see about getting it in in the next few days. I have some mold rubber on its way right now, so once that gets here I'll be able to get some more molds made including some parts that have been sent by a few of my friends on here.

I know I'm a little late on this, but I got busy this morning trying to undo some fraud that happened against me earlier this week, so hopefully I have enough evidence that the police can nail this punk.

This being Thursday it's Throwback Thursday, and this week we'll look at MC5 the "Opening face plate tin man head"
Opening Tin Man head MC4

This head gives you an opening face plate for your IM2 figures.

This is also 3XL Thursday:

Sounds good. Is it detailed down to her bows?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Sounds good. Is it detailed down to her bows?

They're a little short, but the bows are there. I'll get her in tonight. The neck hole is a little large (Star Wars sized), but some hot glue, and then put it on the neck ball, and you're good to go, actually I think I'll just go ahead, and take care of that before I make the mold tonight.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
They're a little short, but the bows are there. I'll get her in tonight. The neck hole is a little large (Star Wars sized), but some hot glue, and then put it on the neck ball, and you're good to go, actually I think I'll just go ahead, and take care of that before I make the mold tonight.

Perfect. Also, I have found clear masking tape placed on the neck ball works for some other heads I have dremelled too much. I tried one version of Chun before for a group of customs I called the GI Joe Jedi Sqaud. Jedi Squad was part of a GI Joe/Star Wars crossover story plot I conceived of a few years ago on the tank. Dremelled her head too much. Some masking tape around the neck ball did the trick and it popped right on. That attempt was two years ago and the tape is still holding. I even cut the tape so it would barely show around her chin line. But, this one will be more accurate. I'm open minded; I'll see which works better. Thanks. Still trying to decide which of the aforementioned torsos from your store will be closest to either the GI Joe ARAH or Videogame appearance of Chun Li. Which would you think? As for eye colouration, my most effective current method includes using the tip of a plastic toothpick or the tip of a very fine paintbrush to dip in the paint and colour the pupils and the eyebrows. Have you found any more effective methods for those details you would recomend that I try?

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Perfect. Also, I have found clear masking tape placed on the neck ball works for some other heads I have dremmelled too much. I tried one version of Chun before for a group of customs I called the GI Joe Jedi Sqaud. Jedi Squad was part of a GI Joe/Star Wars crossover plot I conceived of a few years ago on the tank. Dremelled her head too much. Some masking tape around the neck ball did the trick and it poped right on. That attempt was two years ago and the tape is still holding. I even cut the tape so it would barely show around her chin line. But, this one will be more accurate. I'm open minded; I'll see which works better. Thanks. Still trying to decide which of the aforementioned torsos from your store will be closest to either the GI Joe ARAH or Videogame appearance of Chun Li. Which would you think? As for eye coloration, my most effective current method includes using the tip of a plastic toothpick or the tip of a very fine paintbrush to dip in the paint and coulor the pupils and the eyebrows. Have you found any more effective methods for those details you would recomend that I try?

For the torso I think that FT26 fits best w/ the long gi.

As for eye painting what I usually do is just paint the eye white, scrape any excess off the areas around the eye w/ and X-acto blade, and then I'll take a sharpie pen, not the markers, but the ULTRA fine tip pen which won't stick to the plastic, so a simple scrape w/ the blade will remove it really quick fro the cast, while it does stick to the white paint. I just use a fine brush for the brows though.

Joe Colton, and Phil Coulson

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
For the torso I think that FT26 fits best w/ the long gi.

As for eye painting what I usually do is just paint the eye white, scrape any excess off the areas around the eye w/ and X-acto blade, and then I'll take a sharpie pen, not the markers, but the ULTRA fine tip pen which won't stick to the plastic, so a simple scrape w/ the blade will remove it really quick fro the cast, while it does stick to the white paint. I just use a fine brush for the brows though.

Joe Colton, and Phil Coulson

That torso's good. Do you, perchance, cast custom lightsabres? In which case, a clear, gold sabre would be good to make her a Jedi Squad member. Thanks.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
That torso's good. Do you, perchance, cast custom lightsabres? In which case, a clear, gold sabre would be good to make her a Jedi Squad member. Thanks.

clear gold? I can do clear yellow, but I'm not sure about clear gold. I do have a mold of several "laser sword" blades, and handles.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I think amber would be a better term than clear gold.

Then yes that is 100% doable. I just don't have them listed due to the Lucas thing, but Disney hasn't been bothering me about Marvel stuff so I might be ok w/ SW stuff, besides they leave Dave alone, and the name of his store has "STAR WARS" in it.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Clear Amber would be an acceptable color. I have been thinking about taking another whack at Chun Li, Col Transco, and the other 7 members of the Jedi Squad recently.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Thanks. I'll probely post bios of the charactors alongside the Version 1's and then order parts for the v-2's to try to give you an idea of how each member is supossed to look and act. For example, Col Transco. Version one is a repainted (with gold and silver) 30th anniversary Steel brigade fig. I just need to decide on an alternate head. He turned out decient compared to my first whacks at Chun Li and a new character, the padawan Tiger Lilly. I want a head with a long beard. He's supossed to look like your classic bearded jedi master and still be able to wear his SB helm. He would kinda resemble me. You can find videos of my Live Younow broadcasts to get an idea. His back story includes time travel back to the Star Wars Galaxy and a dogfight in the early nineties. Back then, he was a Steel Brigade Sargent and ace pilot flying a Ghost Striker X-116. He uses a green sabre and is a Jedi Sage. He carries on a relationship with Chun Li like Destro has one with Baroness or Duke has with Scarlett. Tiger Lilly is his Padawan. I'll elaborate more in a custom's thread.

Here is a pic of Transco as he is now:

His bio can be found here:

Figures Updated Custom Shots: - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I know you guys are dying to get your hands on these figure kits, so since I believe that I've worked out all of the bugs there's just ONE more step. Having you guys look them over, and tell me what you think. To that end I'm having an R&D special on them. For 1 month only the price for these figures will be $30. After the R&D special is over on Friday October 24th. Hmm ah heck Saturday October 25th like the Halloween Spooktacular. The price of the kits will go up to $45 each kit.

The $12 for assembly, and free assembly on kits when you spend $100 or more is in effect for these kits just the same as the other kits I currently have. Also just as with everything else in the store you can order these kits in ANY color you want.

Action Figure R&D Special

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
I'll probley order the Chun Li parts a little later on. They look good. And that torso would be good. You said I should choose a free body with the 30 bucks I spent on the other parts, I'll go with Chun Li Torso #26 as the free toso as well as get the head and order the other body parts for Chun Li later.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
3XL Thursday

Throwback Thursday 9-25-14
Today we look back on probably one of my all time favorite sets of items. Mainly because of just how many possibilities there are with them, the Suited Figure kits. I've been making these kits since April, or May of 2012, and through that time I've learned different things to improve them. For instance when I first started making them I thought that having the pins be part of the joints would make them easier to assemble, unfortunately once the plastic reached it's ultimate shore hardness unless you soaked the parts in hot water the body parts that you were bending back to put the joint into would break. So I started casting the pin, and joints separately, However who wants to deal with those little pins? So now that I know how to cast the hidden pins that's what I do. Now when I make the figures I cast the joints in a harder plastic, apply the release agent, insert the joints into the slots in the molds for the shoulders, elbows, and knees, then cast the body parts around the joints. So all you have to do is pop them together when you get them.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.904370842923914.1073741830.425671750793828&type=1

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Looking good, and you know that those 3 orders added up to $30 together, so pick out your free torso, and let me know which to add. As for the hot water go to your water heater, and you'll see a knob on it usually it's red. You can turn the temperature up higher. I have mine all the way up. You can do that, or you could microwave the water every time, but I like my hot water in my house hot anyway, so I just turn up the thermostat on the water heater. Just make sure you tell your wife, and kids, so that they don't burn themselves taking a bath. People get used to turning the knobs on the tub a certain amount, and then you turn up the water heater's thermostat, and YEAOUCH!!!!

Just decided on that free torso, actually a customised combo: #26(bottom) and #34 (top) if at all possible. This is because the top of 34 seems closer in mold to Chun's actual bust size, and the bottom of 26 seems closer in mold to her gi.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Just decided on that free torso, actually a customised combo: #26(bottom) and #34 (top) if at all possible. This is because the top of 34 seems closer in mold to Chun's actual bust size, and the bottom of 26 seems closer in mold to her gi.

I'm not sure the Vs will line up right, but I'll look into it, and let you know.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I put a bunch of new items into the store this morning, and according to Contraband one set of leg I put in will be of particular interest to you Joe customizers:

Military legs 2

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Can you cast those in white?

EDIT: Every update you do, there's more crap I want to add to my order. I'm never going to get the damn thing. :(

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Also - any chance of you swinging by the East Coast Custom Con in a few weekends? It's not far from Maryland, and I bet you'd make some sales if you brought some product...

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Also - any chance of you swinging by the East Coast Custom Con in a few weekends? It's not far from Maryland, and I bet you'd make some sales if you brought some product...

Probably not this year. Finances won't allow it. We've been slowly whittling away at the savings since we got back from vacation.

As for your orders I have the first one ready, and I'm working on your order from last week now. I'm actually even sending you 2 of the long skirts. One in the midgrade plastic I used to use, and one in the new Simpact 60 urethane rubber. This stuff ROCKS!!! Seriously I wish it would have been out when I first started out. It has me wanting to make a new mold of the DCUIH coats that used to give me so much trouble when I first started out.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Probably not this year. Finances won't allow it. We've been slowly whittling away at the savings since we got back from vacation.

As for your orders I have the first one ready, and I'm working on your order from last week now. I'm actually even sending you 2 of the long skirts. One in the midgrade plastic I used to use, and one in the new Simpact 60 urethane rubber. This stuff ROCKS!!! Seriously I wish it would have been out when I first started out. It has me wanting to make a new mold of the DCUIH coats that used to give me so much trouble when I first started out.

Bummer.

Yeah, you can add the order I just made to the previous ones. :eek: :crying:

Cool on the skirts! Thanks, man.

Are the DCUIH coats in the store now? (Are they the trench coat & bomber jackets?)

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Bummer.

Yeah, you can add the order I just made to the previous ones. :eek: :crying:

Cool on the skirts! Thanks, man.

Are the DCUIH coats in the store now? (Are they the trench coat & bomber jackets?)

Yeah bummer is right. I have an interview next Thursday for a part time seasonal warehouse job that will hopefully help. Though I'd much rather just stay home, and make parts for you guys.

I took them out WAY back when I first started, because people kept putting them on figures that were too big for them, and they ripped. So I took what I liked off of them, and combined them w/ the Blade coat to make the trench coat I have now.

NC 100-105
The description say These heads are in the same mold but I only see a picture of 1 head. Which heads are they? Or are they multiples of the same head?

Thanks I could have sworn I had put the pics of the other 5 in there with it. They're there now.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013

I've already shaved, and sanded a copy, and I'll be getting it in mold rubber in the next day, or so. So not only Picard, but also Fox MCU Xavier, and with all of the changes I've done to the original head between making it fit modern bucks, and then for Xavier the shave, and sanding THEY can't touch me on these ones. BOOYA!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I had a load of brown items the other day, so since I had some brown joints made already I thought I might try a project I always wanted to do, and now that I have the closed front trench coat I decided to go for it. I present Rorschach!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like it! Though, it looks like some slightly bulkier arms would look better with that coat.

Yeah, that 21st Century slip-on Jeep Coat/Mackinaw is a bit bulky on the Face buck.

Still the idea kind of works if you wanted to do a Rorschach without his full length trench coat.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm going to be sorting WE 9-20-14 today, and the majority of those orders will be ready to go. I had an issue with the soft materials this past week (I ran out, and then the new batch I bought didn't work out for what I needed), and so I had to order a new batch this morning. So it should be here tomorrow evening. It cures in 2 hours so I should be able to knock those orders out in the next couple of days.

While I'm waiting for the new order of materials to arrive I'll be working on knocking out the hard, clear, and medium hard parts from WE 9-27, so that as I finish up the soft parts from WE 9-20, and the parts from WE 9-27 I should be able to start on WE 10-4 by Monday, or Tuesday of next week. Again sorry for the delay in getting these orders out to you guys.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Did they line up? Sorry, just got back from out of town.

No, not really , but then there was the whole issue of the back of the 26 being bare, and the 34 is a fully covered torso

In shipping rate news:
Shipping rates have been a fairly constant question my whole time running my store, and up until now I've often been baffled at the prices that some people were getting charged. So when one of my customers from the UK got hit with a charge of $39 for shipping for 4 items I was baffled. So I took the question to ecrater, and they told me what I had done wrong in the options that caused the issue.

So going forward the shipping charges SHOULD be lower than they have been. So I want to say a big thank you to Mr Mark Smart for bringing this to my attention, and helping me to find the answer for an issue for all of my customers.