Walmart Fall Resets

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Just a heads up for you guys. All Walmarts are doing there Fall Toy Resets this week. It's Walmart week 29 and they have to be completed by Friday. I've been told that most stores will be doing them over night starting on Sunday. The company has given the direction that the changes must be done within 3 nights but this is walmart were talking about so who knows.

My friend who is a Mgr at wally world showed me a copy of the 40 ft action figure aisle that is at the store next to my house. Sadly... still no Joes.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
hmm, hopefully they get the skystriker soon at the $30 msrp

the walmart he showed me the modular for is a unique store and smaller then alot of them but There action figure aisle is loaded with Beyblade... WTF? I'm talking like 8 feet of nothing but that shit.

Also, no marvel but they do still have Thor and Cap. GL figs are staying too :(

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
that sucks. You reminded me I need to go find a few tp(as in test pilot :D) hal jordans

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
My friend who is a Mgr at wally world showed me a copy of the 40 ft action figure aisle that is at the store next to my house. Sadly... still no Joes.

All the WalMarts by me have forsaken Joes...except one, within the last month, started stocking revision cases. They went from no pegs for Joes to a beautiful 3 pegs across and 4 pegs down display. (Unfortunately, I'm only missing Shadow Tracker and Money-briefcase Destro, so that's no help to me). Point being that it's still worth checking out the WalMarts you gave up on.

You're friend's obviously has the inside track, but with the holiday season approaching, as well as the "30th Anny" brand reset, it's worth revisiting some old hunting grounds.

Thanks for the heads-up, MW.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
also like I was telling Blood. Don't fret that just cuz the 1 store that I got to see the modular for doesn't have Joes, that doesn't mean that no walmarts will have them. My source informed me that the company has over 1,800 different Toy floorplans for all the 6,000 stores. It depends on the market/region and space on which store gets which floorplan. The store I got to see was a smaller store.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
You're friend's obviously has the inside track, but with the holiday season approaching, as well as the "30th Anny" brand reset, it's worth revisiting some old hunting grounds.

Thanks for the heads-up, MW.

No problem. He's an assitant mgr over Toys, Electronics and Photo. He also happens to live less then a mile from me and enjoys getting drunk. We get along good :D

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
...and enjoys getting drunk....

Don't we all?

LOL, in all serious, that's a great inside info to have. Here's hoping that his Walmart eventually restocks and that he hooks you up big-time.

In a purely academic sense, it's pretty interesting that WalMart, this behemoth, soulless retail giant, still has individual differences between stores. The ability for each store to adapt to its individual geographical demands speaks to why its still dominating retail across America.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Don't we all?

LOL, in all serious, that's a great inside info to have. Here's hoping that his Walmart eventually restocks and that he hooks you up big-time.

In a purely academic sense, it's pretty interesting that WalMart, this behemoth, soulless retail giant, still has individual differences between stores. The ability for each store to adapt to its individual geographical demands speaks to why its still dominating retail across America.

very true :) I never ask him to text me or hold items cuz I'm just not like that, so there's no real hooking up going on. He did give me POC upc's a while back months before POC dropped and anybody had them. Posted them at another forum that I used to go to.

It's actually pretty crazy the shit that Walmart does. I work for another big retail company and me and him always bitch about and share secrets and such. Like you said, they really do have a handle on the retail world and it will be a long time before somebody can overtake them.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
... I never ask him to text me or hold items cuz I'm just not like that, so there's no real hooking up going on.....

I'm actually the same way. Work is work and drinking with a buddy is drinking with a buddy. If he insisted to hook me up, that would be one thing, but yeah, I would feel a little guilty about asking him for special favors too.

Anyways, it's a moot point for me. I've given up on retail and do most of my shopping online.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
DC Universe Classics has an amazing new wave at Wal Mart if you are into the retro look from Superfriends. Found Toyman and Samurai, and also a new re-release of DCUC Joker as some kind of new Batman figure line. Good stuff, since the Batman figure is from the Arkham Asylum sculpt.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Fuck it guys, just go to Ross. If they're still anything like last year they'll get fucking everything and sell it for cheap. I'm going to spend my Fall break this year traveling the south and hitting the Ross stores.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm just saying, we can't all rely on Wal-mart to have gi joes, I don't fucking trust the bastards, to hell with them I'm going to ross.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I used to live in Pennsylvania so i know the benefits of Ross....I wouldn't depend on it,though... Ross gets the stuff that survived Clearance in other stores, so be prepared for slim pickings....

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I wouldn't go to Ross if they built a store in my driveway. The idea that they have any toys that even resemble something I collect is preposterous. They are an absolute joke that some people continue to perpetuate as some kind of Joe heaven. And people that don't have one of these craptacular pits of chaos in their town actually believe them.

Totally ridiculous. I'd have far better luck at Walgreens or Kroger! Unless you want to buy your grandma an incredibly cheap sweater, Ross will likely be a colossal waste of your time.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
yep, if you think you'll find awesome stuff in abundance, it won't be what your expecting. Be prepaired for everything to be a huge disaster area in the store and figures taken from all the joe vehicles ;) Then it may just slightly(very slightly) exceed your expectations and you'll feel better about what ya got(and didn't get). I still haven't found any of the new whirlwinds, was gonna army build them but won't now.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I wouldn't go to Ross if they built a store in my driveway. The idea that they have any toys that even resemble something I collect is preposterous. They are an absolute joke that some people continue to perpetuate as some kind of Joe heaven. And people that don't have one of these craptacular pits of chaos in their town actually believe them.

Totally ridiculous. I'd have far better luck at Walgreens or Kroger! Unless you want to buy your grandma an incredibly cheap sweater, Ross will likely be a colossal waste of your time.

Kroger FTW!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My Ross hasn't got shit worth noting in it's toy section.

Saw the Thundercats figures at Wally yesterday evening, but no sign of the reset plan-o-grams.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'd rather get SOMETHING as oppose to nothing, and all the walmarts in KY haven't had Jack and SHIT for the better half of the year, and they aren't about to start, I'll just shop else where. Discount stores have had more stuff for me to buy in the past year and a half than Wal-mart could ever hope to supply me.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
if your looking for something you'll have better luck at kroger groccery stores(if you have any by you), thats where I get figures to hook up friends.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Generally here in Texas you'll find toys that Wal-mart SHOULD have at H*E*B and other grocery stores.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I've never seen the Krogers in KY have action figures, just cheap toy stuff like silly puddy or overpriced plastic cowboy miniatures. I have seen Walgreens carry some GI Joes here, but they're ten dollars and Shadow Tracker is never there, It's always Duke or Beachhead.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
they've had shadow tracker sitting at the krogers(whuch is like 1000 ft from my house) for over 2 months now

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
DC Universe Classics has an amazing new wave at Wal Mart if you are into the retro look from Superfriends. Found Toyman and Samurai, and also a new re-release of DCUC Joker as some kind of new Batman figure line. Good stuff, since the Batman figure is from the Arkham Asylum sculpt.

good score for you man...i've very very rarely had luck finding DCUC at retail...for that reason it's pretty much an online collection for me...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm actually the same way. Work is work and drinking with a buddy is drinking with a buddy. If he insisted to hook me up, that would be one thing, but yeah, I would feel a little guilty about asking him for special favors too.

Anyways, it's a moot point for me. I've given up on retail and do most of my shopping online.

I'm pretty much the same way.

also, there is a nice eddieism in there :)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My Walmart has been getting them. I think they've got a fairly current wave, to be honest.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i stopped going to walmart...but when i did go, one of them never carried DCUC and the other one had literally 30+ Power Girls that, two yrs later are still there...i seriously think someone was sick of seeing them at all of their local Walmarts and bought them all then returned to my Wallys...

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
wasnt there a thread somewhere that talks about how to get walmart to put joes back on the shelf?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Went to walmart against my better judgment. They had nothing, other than every illegal Hispanic in a 5.mile radius. Ugh. They did have the pilot Hal Jordan figure but I couldn't justify $8 for it.

They did have a 7 foot section for beyblades. Sigh.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
wasnt there a thread somewhere that talks about how to get walmart to put joes back on the shelf?

There is one over at HT. Basically it said to e mail them or talk to the store manager. Thing is, if they don't see good numbers than you are SOL pretty much.

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
im SOL now anyways cuz i moved back to my hometown for the next two semesters to finish school and all we have here is 1 walmart in a 50 mile radius. it blows! this walmart also hasnt had joes in it since the 25th line and they barely had any of those back then.