Weapons Room Dio by willworkfortoys

Dec 16, 2011
St. Louis
Been working on this for awhile and will continue to work on it until it is perfect. Its a weapons rooms with a bunch of painted guns from Marauders and a bunch of other randomly gathered and scratchbuilt accessories. Comments, suggestions, and questions welcome! Thanks for looking!

AJWW2

Enlisted
Sep 8, 2011
NY
That is epic! I love how you painted the mags so it looked like they were loaded with bullets.

AJ:D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think I saw this at HissTank when you first posted it, but it's still amazing. I think you did some vast improvements to it, though. Looks great, and welcome aboard man!

Feel free to post more, especially if it's this caliber of work! Quite the talent you have!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
FireFly looks like he's in he's in Heavan.

Detail, details, lots of plastic eye candy.

Dec 16, 2011
St. Louis
^ Nice catch on the pun. Thanks for all the comments guys! I hope to be a lot more active this winter in my dio/vehicle building so hopefully I can contribute to all the great work here.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not the first weapons stash room I've seen in toy form, but among the better ones.

I think you've got some metalic drybrushing where it's not appropriate/overly agressive, but otherwise. Really like the work on the table top.

Dec 16, 2011
St. Louis
Not the first weapons stash room I've seen in toy form, but among the better ones.

I think you've got some metalic drybrushing where it's not appropriate/overly agressive, but otherwise. Really like the work on the table top.

Yeah, I definately went overboard on the metallic drybrushing but I used reference for a few guns and then it got time consuming and I got lazy. Thanks for the comments!

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
While the "gun wall" and ammo storage are very impressive, it's the other little details you put in that bring the display to life.
The workbench especially is a detail that many people would overlook, and yours just adds that little extra touch of realism.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Simply awesome! I love all the detail you poured into this. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, perhaps varying the colors of some of the weapons and various things would be in order? Not too much, just enough to cause the eye to wander a bit more.

But if this is how the majority of real-world guns looked in your research, then please disreguard my comment.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
While the "gun wall" and ammo storage are very impressive, it's the other little details you put in that bring the display to life.
The workbench especially is a detail that many people would overlook, and yours just adds that little extra touch of realism.

totally agreed...the table is bada$$...the can stains and tools and suck....love the weathered up ammo can too...very cool man

Dec 16, 2011
St. Louis
Simply awesome! I love all the detail you poured into this. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, perhaps varying the colors of some of the weapons and various things would be in order? Not too much, just enough to cause the eye to wander a bit more.

But if this is how the majority of real-world guns looked in your research, then please disreguard my comment.

Well, the majority of them were black in research, just all black with no differentiation between plastic, metal, composites, etc. So I said screw it, they're toys and just kept working. I do think the variation does help the dio though and I've thrown in some bravo team and other weapons as its displayed now, all those were Marauder's though just to post on MJs fb wall to let them know what I've done with their guns. Thanks for the comment/advice, it is much appreciated.