Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I would, but other one is still fully boxed and ready to ship, so I'd prefer that one go instead. I'd have to pull the BBI off the display.

What would you like me to do with it?

That would mainly be up to the powers that be, if they decide to run with the idea of offering up the Abrams as a prize or giveaway of some sort. My preference would be to have it pimped out with a mine plow or as a Desert Storm Cav scout or OIF thunder runner. Or they might just give you free reign as the artist to make whatever OOAK you'd like. I'm pretty much just offering up the medium.

I suppose we all need to talk about it.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
That's always the hard part! Don't worry about it. Everyone gets in trouble when they try to turn a hobby into WORK! :crying:

Man you got that right.

One of these days I WILL be making the Abrams mine plow.

But I am sure it will not be this year.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com

Hey Pick, I can't help but feel that I've kinda stepped on your toes here a little. I want you to know that I don't think that I'm offering the same product as you. Yes they are similar but your models are industry standard and mine are....not. If I had the money, I would contract you for my 1/18th vehicles. I understand why you attach the price tags you do to your stuff, they are real accurate models. An M-ATV that has some strength and looks good is all that I'm capable of. The price is what should reflect that and 150.00 is what I'm trying to achieve. I obviously know what it costs to make them and time is the most expense.
here is my expense for an M-ATV and how I and Slaymaker broke it down about a year ago when he and I were taking about it.

MATERIALS
Styrene--$60
Wheels casting---$25
glue and filling---$25
Paint apps---$20
TIME
Hrs---17-20
Now you see that time isn't a big deal until you talk about what time is worth to the individual that's selling it. At $20 hr it come to $400 just in time and $530.00 all together. I don't think that that's acceptable for any 1/18th thing...unless it's accurate and very wanted. Soo lets knock that down to $10.00 an hr...that's still $330.00. I'm not charging anywhere near that for a 4 wheeled anything. There are steps and tools that I can come up with IF you guys want enough of them. It will make things like time a lot faster, and in the end cheaper.
You would cast the whole thing, as I will not as I just don't know how.
If we can raise enough money for a larger production output, then again we bring the price down.
If I had the money, again I would get one from you Pick but I just can't afford much. That's why I build my own stuff. So far the Cougar is your guy's fave and that's will be a little more as its bigger of course.
Curious Pick, how much would've you charged for an M-ATV?

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
You're not stepping on my toes at all .

I still can not find the time to work on my ongoing Jagdtiger project.

Luckily the guys who have ordered it understand and are EXTREMELY PATIENT.

With my situation when my real job is hoping the XD world is on standby .

When work is slow the XD projects are front runners.

You can never get back the time spent on making your prototype.

Prices are determined by the amount of RTV resin and time to pour.

My last scout car was the SDKFZ 222 and I had a price tag of $250 on that one. It takes a full day to pour and kit it up . $25 worth of resin.

My ongoing Tiger II project has a $350 price tag. It takes a day and a half to pour and kit it up. $40 worth of resin.

You can get 15-30 pours out of a set of moulds .

All this adds up.

I wish I had the time to finish my Jagdtiger project because I would really like to work on some personal projects.

I have not built anything for myself in about 3 years.

I have to work out deals with some of my modeling buddies just to add things to my collection.

You are doing a great job and because nothing else is being made you are the only game in town !!!!

Keep it up and you are making plenty of guys happy with your creations .

:thumbsup:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello fellow Fighters, soooo I guess that the Cougar is winning in popularity amongst other sites. Hisstank, so far has over 30 votes for the Cougar. Here you guys pretty much split down the middle so far, 11 for the Cougar and 8 for the M-ATV. There is a lot more people on the tank and some are coming here for these vehicles. They will only be distributed to the folks that sign up on this site. Those are pretty much adults and my boys LOVE these vehicles for there play. I wonder how many kids would like one of these. mmmm.....I know some of you guys have kids....can you do me a favor and show them the vehicles and judge the reactions from them? My son is having his 7th birthday party to day and about 10 kids are supposed to show up and I'll try and record their reactions.
Now these vehicles aren't really to be roughhoused with, but I have made them so that they can be rolled and driven around and I can strengthen places up that need it. My son has learned that if he wants to play with these, he has to be fairly gentle.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm kids would love them (the few that still enjoy toys)...the problem would be the cost...not many parents are gonna buy their kid a $150 plus toy...yet they'll buy them an even pricier phone :rolleyes:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
I'm kids would love them (the few that still enjoy toys)...the problem would be the cost...not many parents are gonna buy their kid a $150 plus toy...yet they'll buy them an even pricier phone :rolleyes:

I agree Eddie, but I feel that if I can show that they are kid approved, it will be a benefit to a kickstarter. I had my son's bday today and of course it got so busy here, that I forgot to record them. When I did let them into the 'room' they loved everything. They wanted to spend the whole party in the garage. If we can bring down the price to a decent level, not every kid could have one but some could.
Look guys, I seen on the Kickstarter website that a project was started for corner buildings made from foam like the ruined city dio that I've made. He's up to around $450,000 in donations. Now that's is cool but for FOAM CORNER BUILDINGS. Holy crap you certainly could by a lot of foam. If we could get anywhere near that, then around a $50 price tag is reachable. $450,000 for FOAM.
Now this gives me the idea that why not build a whole half building, or all sizes of buildings and side walks...and do a Kickstarter for those.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
...or a proper looking technical.

This wasn't a good try? :D

:p

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Holy heck! $450,000?!...it's hard for me to believe A LOT of people donated a little, or a few people donated A LOT!...WOW!

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
A stealth Black Hawk would be cool.

Damb straight:thumbsup:, that was suggested by...I think Fled or Rick on one of my threads, and a pic with it. I didn't think that I could do that then but I believe I could do that now. I've been playing Arma3 lately and sometimes fly around in the stealth blackhawk, and the best part of this game is that I have a lot of proper real world material to reference at any angle. I only have one Blackhawk and It's really my boy's but I've kinda confiscated it for future customization so I don't want to butcher it. But if anyone want's to donate a PTE Blackhawk, I'll customize it into a stealth and raffle it.

:salute::shoot: :panic:

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Damb straight:thumbsup:, that was suggested by...I think Fled or Rick on one of my threads, and a pic with it. I didn't think that I could do that then but I believe I could do that now. I've been playing Arma3 lately and sometimes fly around in the stealth blackhawk, and the best part of this game is that I have a lot of proper real world material to reference at any angle. I only have one Blackhawk and It's really my boy's but I've kinda confiscated it for future customization so I don't want to butcher it. But if anyone want's to donate a PTE Blackhawk, I'll customize it into a stealth and raffle it.

:salute::shoot: :panic:

I vote firmly AGAINST a "Stealth Hawk", especially based on any "artist's interpretation" of it or one built on a PTE Black Hawk. :explode:

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This was the general consincess when I wanted to make a stealth Black Hawk.

Although mine was going to be on a BBI doaner.

Here is the old post.

http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=4570&highlight=stealth+black+hawk

Frankly, there are more interesting things that need to be made.

Ahhh M35! It keeps being brought up. I don't know why I want them so bad. It's just a truck.. But there are so many possibilities!

Any news on an A-10?

Yes, but it's THE truck. 21st should have did it instead of the F-104, TBF or *dons flame suit* AH-1W.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I can't express how much I wish it had been a Bbi piece, or that Bbi had done an AH-1G or Q.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Digler has asked me to put up a poll to get some member input. I know the running joke is that we have "12 members", but let's all sound off here and get some real participation going. We all love the work Digler does, and he wants to know what he should make next.

^
Thirteen members*

Actually ,at least 23,since there's 22 votes already:D

For reference:

^
I like them both,so its either or.