Why does Hasbro put chutes on non pjs

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro has never been exactly up to snuff when it comes to getting things like that right.

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
I dream of a day where I have an outbuilding with high ceilings and can construct a dio that incorporates pjs. The RoC Para Vipers are some of my favorite figs ever. My Cobra Invasion Troopers have all graciously donated their 'chutes to the PVs.

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
I can't wait to build my collection up again, I sold it all in 2012 and haven't even looked at any figs since, so many new sculpts and awesome modern military gear that has came out since!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Airborne was air assault, I.E. rode to battle in a helicopter. Skydive's background sorta jives with him having HALO/MFF training.

I guess what your asking is why the hell did Hasbro use that cool-ass HALO gear on the Para-Viper and Retaliation Airborne but not include working parachutes?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The prototype was originally shown with a 'chute harness, like 25th Ripcord. The production figure didn't come with the harness.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Airborne was air assault, I.E. rode to battle in a helicopter. Skydive's background sorta jives with him having HALO/MFF training.

Airborne v2 (i.e. different character, same codename) was in fact a parachute expert, along with Freefall and the rest of "Sky Patrol" back in '90. Sounds like Retaliation Sgt Airborne could be that guy, not Franklin Talltree - the Airborne of our youth.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Hasbro did do a 12" Air Force Halo Jumper. It even had a working ram-air chute. I'm just surprised that it has taken this long to get a working parachute on an ME Joe.

Wasn't Lifeline supposed to come with a chute setup as well?

They ended up using it on the Club's Night Force Hit n' Run (and supposedly FSS Hit n' Run).

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
Hasbro did do a 12" Air Force Halo Jumper. It even had a working ram-air chute. I'm just surprised that it has taken this long to get a working parachute on an ME Joe.

They ended up using it on the Club's Night Force Hit n' Run (and supposedly FSS Hit n' Run).

Good info thanks, I wish they would do a lifeline with a real uniform instead of the shoot me red.