Jun 9, 2011
here's a few wip pics of the td, she's about 75% done

010 by wild weasel tank buster, on Flickr

007 by wild weasel tank buster, on Flickr
020 by wild weasel tank buster, on Flickr

018 by wild weasel tank buster, on Flickr

017 by wild weasel tank buster, on Flickr

016 by wild weasel tank buster, on Flickr

Nice "scales" paint job. What did you use for masking? Non-skid mat?

Seems like a good way to simulate carbon fiber through paint. :)
Thanks, I use drawer liner for my mask(it's a HUGE pain in the ass, but totally worth it)

If you were trying to simulate carbon fiber(and could get the colors to look right) in 1:1 you'd be good, but you won't find it small enough to look in scale. You're better off to go with carbon fiber waterslide decals, which are fairly common in 1:16 and 1:24 scale(and you could probably get some in 1:20 as well)

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
anybody have suggestions for my next customs? Not sure what to do next, have a x-19 and mms in the works currently

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
While I thoroughly despise Python Patrol's designs, I appreciate it for its gimmick. You've gone nuts with it, man!

My favorite part is the Joe HQ bunks painted in PP colors. The idea alone is so silly, it's awesome. That they'd even Pythonize the beds in the jail cells is fantastic.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
While I thoroughly despise Python Patrol's designs, I appreciate it for its gimmick. You've gone nuts with it, man!

My favorite part is the Joe HQ bunks painted in PP colors. The idea alone is so silly, it's awesome. That they'd even Pythonize the beds in the jail cells is fantastic.
Haha, thanks! Everybody loves those beds!
I normally agree with you with the garish paint schemes(like tiger force or sky patrol),but I've always really liked python patrol. Always thought of it as a "I'm such a badass that I want you to try and shoot me" type deal, like the german flying circus back in ww1