WildBill's Customs and Dios

I love this figure by the way. I'm tempted to say that this is my favourite of all so far.
Joes aren't available near me so if anyone has access to a bunch of renegades Dukes I'd be interested in trading or buying.
MB, if you go back one page you can see I have a Low Light with this mod....turned out better than this one actually.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Awesome stuff!

I have this torso, and I've been trying to figure out good arms to use. Which did you use? Do they have the quilting?

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Wildbill - what kind of glue do you use in the neck mod? I did mine relatively the same, except the place I glued the forearm to the neck snapped off when I tried to tilt the head.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
For that torso I used helix arms, so no quilting.
I use crazy glue. You have to be careful where you apply it so the join doesn't get bound up. I dremel into the torso pretty far so that there is good support for the joint.
It's a great mod if you can spare the donor fit and get over the fact that you are risking scrapping the whole figure.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
that neck build was genious. Great tips on the weathering

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Wow! Dude, you have some awesome customs, mods and dios. The neck mods are genius and look a lot better than others I've seen using a similar method. Well, the hinge joint method anyway, I don't believe I've seen the method you used on Renegade Duke.

Again, very cool stuff!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Most recent here....I'm sure many of you recognize the inspiration.

Wish someone sold just ball caps. maurauders should make them.

With the last pic were you going for the old fashion GI original 12 figure look. I think Hasbro should make a figure of him. Nice job man, I havn't tried to sculpt yet. Bought some green stuff but haven't put it to work.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa

Raginspoon has the exact cap as that figure on his site - I just got 2 in a trade yesterday...haven't open the ziplock yet to check them out... :cool:

With the last pic were you going for the old fashion GI original 12 figure look. I think Hasbro should make a figure of him. Nice job man, I havn't tried to sculpt yet. Bought some green stuff but haven't put it to work.

Not really. He does look like general Colton though doesn't he? Both those heads are from Ragin spoon customs. I haven't tried any sculpting myself yet.
I tried to make the first one look like that spec ops guy Time magazine covered, "Cowboy".

Raginspoon has the exact cap as that figure on his site - I just got 2 in a trade yesterday...haven't open the ziplock yet to check them out... :cool:
That cap is from Ragin Spoon customs. I dremmeled it out quite a bit to get it to fit nicely. It will also fit on renegades Duke now.

I have a few from 21st century stuff - if I ever figure out how to mold & cast, I'll put them out there. :)

I saw a custom on here I think with one of those ball caps. They are awesome. Please do start casting them!

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That canopy on the FANG is cool. A bit odd-looking, but you did about as good of a fit as one could possible do, I think. It's a weird-ass base vehicle, to begin with.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
That looks cool...how bout dropping the seat and giving it a kinda a Hind look cockpit canopy

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I have a vac form table just not the time. Maybe in a few when everything is all cleared up I can start doing stuff like that.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to make round bubble windows with straight stock styrene.....it's impossible. I'd need to have some kind of vacuum or blowing forming technique.......Eddie?