Will the 50th Joes go this route?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I've noticed a new way (its not really new) for these toys comps to capitalize on toys...they mostly complete a collection in one scale, and then move to a different scale to get guys to buy the same figures all over again...think Marvel Legends to Marvel Universe...or DCUC to the new Injustice line...and then there's Star Wars recent move to the 6" line...

What if, Hasbro does the same for Joe?...what if Hasbro makes a 6" JOE line...would you be into starting over with Joe in the new scale?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I would be pissed if they added a 6 inch line and if they replaced the 1/18th line with it... I would walk away and not look back. #FACT

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wouldn't be p!ssed at all...I'd be relieved...and think, knowing Hasbro, if they made vehicles for the 6" line, they'd probably scale perfectly for the 1:18th figs :D

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I wouldn't be p!ssed at all...I'd be relieved...and think, knowing Hasbro, if they made vehicles for the 6" line, they'd probably scale perfectly for the 1:18th figs :D

oh my.

I guess they could do that, there are probably a decent amount of 6inch fans who want 1/12 scale G.I. Joes. I'm not interested, so meh to it happening.

As far as vehicles go...

I hope they like Ninja bikes.

Last edited:

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I would love to see the OG 13 in 6" form! Yes, I would buy 6" inch Joes.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
And this is just a way for Eddie to get all kinds of content for the Eddieisms thread...hell you don't even need to edit the posts...

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
As stated above some people can't handle a 6" forget about the 12".

Joe already went this route sigma 6 & it was a disaster. SW will sell a bunch of 6" figures but at this point its more of a money grab than anything else.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, I wouldn't buy 6" Joes.

This isn't Hasbro's first dance with 6" Star Wars figures, either. I remain skeptical it lasts. The reality is once you run through the major costumes on the main characters you're left with a handful of viable B-listers (Dengar, Bossk, Bib Fortuna, etc.) and then the ride is pretty much over.

No "ice cream maker guy", no "3/10ths of a second screen time cantina alien", and certainly no dumbass fanboys getting to vote for fucking Jedi librarians....

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Like the Star Wars line, I would be very selective as to which characters I get. If they are all, and only, in ARAH style, I probably wouldn't buy any.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I would bite on a few figures if they were highly detailed modern ones like the Shocktrooper. OG-13 is an easy pass for me. The 6" Luke I have is great, but his solid orange costume looks awfully plain in this scale, so I suspect 13 green Joes would not fair any better. This scale is perfect for Spartans, Stormtroopers and Ironmen or any trooper with a fully detailed vest, etc. The weapons are great!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I would bite on a few figures if they were highly detailed modern ones like the Shocktrooper. OG-13 is an easy pass for me.

And ST would never be on the short list for the initial waves.

I agree about the OG-13, too. Unless someone on the design team bothered to look at what the hell kind of basic issue gear we had in '80-'81 (When I can presume design work started) I'd pass.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Would I buy 6" Joes? Hmmm. Well, I have a couple 6" Iron Man figs and a Captain America so that cherry has already been popped. I would say yes, I'd buy a couple, if and only if they were done well. I'm thinking modernized (a la PoC) versions of popular (and no, I don't mean Duke, CC, Destro and Snake Eyes x10) characters, who can be modernized yet recognizeable as their characters. Of course buying "just" Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow got me started on the 25th...

And, no, I can't imagine Hasbro producing a single "1:12" scaled vehicle worth buying... ever...

Oh, and for the $10 they are charging for the Joe 2 figs, they ought to be 6" already.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'd have to pass completely...I never liked the size of Sucma Dix figures.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
I would have said no until the esteemed Gentleman Eddie mention vehicles for 6 inch joes. If there were vehicles I would support the line just for the vehicles. If they made a good looking 6 inch Gung-Ho and BAT then I would sign on right away.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'd be all-in on 6" figures, ARAH or modern, in the vein of the SW black series or even current marvel legends. Just not cartoony stylized like S6, because I couldn't run fast enough from that.

I'm sure that the SW line will give them plenty of ideas if it's as successful as I think it'll be.

I want them to do 6" ARAH-styled figures on oversized vintage cardbacks ;)

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
But the Black Series boxes are so nice. You can open them, play with your doll and then put it back for storage or display. They don't easily bend and they can be stacked.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Being that next year is the 50th, Hasbro won't show us shit or announce what is next, they have a guy with a 6" hard-on in charge and will have 2-3 waves worth of sales of the new SW guys to gauge by, I bet they are planning to jump scales. Samples being sculpted now and if 6" SW flops, they can it and don't show anything until Joecon in 4". If 6" SW is successful (which it already is), they roll the prototypes out at toyfair.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's exactly what I was thinking...BUT, they need to take into account that SW is ridiculously more popular than Joe and that SW fans will buy almost anything SW related...the same can't be said for Joe, especially at inflated prices...

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Well, about 25% of the rebelscum guys said they would jump and now they are all clamouring to get them. With only 4 to a wave and only a few waves a year, I bet the $20 price point would soon be overlooked. People are spending $20 for 4" Joes on ebay right now and $40 for 6" Sandtroopers. Han from wave 2 is the one that got me and I'm sure there is a Joe out there that would make you bite.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
As a whole though, I don't think the Joe community is as committed as the SW community...

And I'd for sure bite on a 6" BAT...not necessarily a whole line though...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Can't wait for the 6" Speeder bike for SW.

I bet this would sell more than a few 6" Joes:

Not likely, as that was proposed for 5" Halo figures. It would have been awesome for 4" Joes with a small amount of work, but as far as I know it's a graveyard dead item.