You decide 1:18 AH-1W SuperCobra paintjob.

What to do?

• Total voters

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
It has been a long time since I have been around here since my work blocked the sight for some of the pictures on here. I still love it though. I hope all is well.

Should I paint the War Helo below in a Tiger Force Tiger Fly scheme or the Dragonfly scheme? Keep in mind, I have 4 versions (3 Cobra schemes and 1 Marine Camo. The one I will be painting is the one in the first pic with the broken M97 Series and A/A49E-7 (GE Universal Turret).

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Army olive drab CARC. Even the worst Joe vehicle doesn't deserve to be painted in the Tiger Force deco, so much less an AH-1W.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Are you crazy? Do not paint it. Sell it if you don't need it. You'll make some nice pocket cash, and some other collector will be happy.

derek_001

Banned
Dec 12, 2011
Cordell, Oklahoma
It has been a long time since I have been around here since my work blocked the sight for some of the pictures on here. I still love it though. I hope all is well.

Should I paint the War Helo below in a Tiger Force Tiger Fly scheme or the Dragonfly scheme? Keep in mind, I have 4 versions (3 Cobra schemes and 1 Marine Camo. The one I will be painting is the one in the first pic with the broken M97 Series and A/A49E-7 (GE Universal Turret).

Dont you have this listed on ebay?

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
Starfighter, you have 2 options. The first is selling it on Ebay. With the funds made from the sale you could put it towards a customized BBI Seahawk I've seen or the Night Raid MH-60 or something else you might want in the future. Not those PTE customs that bid for 50 and ask for 100 for sale and claim their BBI. The second in what Big K advised and go for the Army Olive Drab CARC. Pick up a little bird either PTE or BBI and do the same color and you would have the beginning of an Air Cav team when stripping the armaments and adding some 21st Century NAM Helo pilots and you would have a LOACH. The turret is perfect with the barrel looking like a cannon for a CARC. You have a rare item with the current camo scheme as is!! Think carefully before deciding!! Good luck in whatever you decide;but don't paint it Tiger Force colors. I'm depressed enough as it is!!!

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
if you Tiger Force that thing, we'll come kick yer a$$....

i'd say Dragonfly that b!tch ONLY IF yer a phenominal painter...so good, that if you resold it, you'd double yer money because it's so beautiful...if you don't have those kinds of skills, don't fool with such a sought after rare (apparently) helo...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
if you Tiger Force that thing, we'll come kick yer a$$....

i'd say Dragonfly that b!tch ONLY IF yer a phenominal painter...so good, that if you resold it, you'd double yer money because it's so beautiful...if you don't have those kinds of skills, don't fool with such a sought after rare (apparently) helo...

The MLC one is rarer.

Anyhoo, this really is a job requiring the proper stencil decals. Some Joe stickers aren't gonna cut it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, a Dragonfly has been done.

I'm talking about markings, Eddie. It needs more than the Dragonfly, Joe and star in circle markings.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
oh i gotcha...yeah, the bigger markings would need some special attention...

really, unless you have some money to burn on this sf, i'd leave it alone...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Realism nut that I am, I don't see the purpose of painting it like a Vietnam era choppa when Whisky's (dual engine with cowlings) didn't remotely exist back then.

If you're gonna do a Dragonfly (please, please, please no Tigerfly or Python), then do a modernized version Dragonhawk. Maybe OD with nods to the Sigma 6 version or something like that. I have an RH Raptor that, with help from some guys that do it much better than I, I customized to become a modernized Ghoststriker (Skystriker), and it turned out pretty cool IMO.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Army helos have been od since the '60s. If they had twin-engined Cobras today that's the color they'd be.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Tru dat. But they don't, and they never had a twin engine Whiskey that I'm aware of. They always had single outlet models like this before they phased them out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*rubs temples*

I know that. That goes for you too, Dan.

And actually the Zulu is called the Viper.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Very Cool Custom ThunderDan!!!

Here is a pick of a AH-1W with Twin Engine Cowlings:

Last edited:

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Here is the actual helo in real life at Marine Corps Air Station New River (MCAS New River) in Jacksonville, NC. It is part of the Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 167 (HML/A-167) and they are known as the "Warriors":

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Here is the actual helo in real life at Marine Corps Air Station New River (MCAS New River) in Jacksonville, NC. It is part of the Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 167 (HML/A-167) and they are known as the "Warriors":

That's awesome! I never tracked down an IRL pic of it. :thumbsup:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Wow. I didn't know they were doing desert schemes on Cobras.

*must use my google fu to investigate*

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I still don't get how the fuck you extract me saying that Super Cobras don't exist from what I actually said.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*chuckles*

I refuse to believe that thing is my closet is a Super Cobra. It's a SeaCobra, goddamn it!