YT's 1/6 Scale Thread: Sideshow Joes & Stuff

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
So you got any tips or tutorials or links on how to make a beautifully acrylic display case? Specifically the corners? Are they just butted together of caulked? I want/need to make one for the Hot Toys Delorean/Marty.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I'm warning you now, that is a big project with a learning curve. I learned a lot from fish tank guys, this site in particular.
Acrylic work: Tools I use... | Melev's Reef

I cut the acrylic on my table saw. Then I scrape the edges, then I sand them with a block. I then flame polish the non-glued edges. I then polish them with rouge and a buffer. Then I glue it with Weld On #3, which actually melts the acrylic. For the Delorian I would consider something like the coffee table conversion I did, you can eliminate a lot of that work...

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Little update...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You should craft a removable beard for him. :D

As for the work involved...I've got time and tools...plus we've got at least a year for the release so I guess I can learn up in that time. Maybe a practice display or two.

Thanks for the link. :wave:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Finished my Sheriff Rick, not real happy with the hat but otherwise I think he looks good.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, the hat is a little comical. It looks on Rick how it normally looked on Carl.

But yeah, aside from that he looks fantastic.

Can you snap a pic from a lower angle? Might look better?

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I think it doesn't look right from any angle, I guess I'll jus display him holding it.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I know and the coat is probably the coolest 1/6 tailoring I have ever seen.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's glorious, isn't it? Now we just need a Doc Brown. :D

I was and am a little bummed that the time circuits and the dash lights aren't functional. Also was hoping that the light band around the vehicle would have a surprise light up feature as well as the exhausts.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
The time circuits are the one that really gets me. I just don't understand not doing them. If they would have it would be near perfect for me. I'm still really happy. Maybe we'll get Doc at SDCC?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, of the things i listed the time circuits bugs me most. Such an iconic feature that should've been highlighted. Bet it shows up on the part II version. Intentionally left out of part I as an incentive for us to double dip.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks damn nice. And is probably put together better than an actual DeLorean. :trollface: