YT's 1/6 Scale Thread: Sideshow Joes & Stuff

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I figured I would start a thread to show what I have and stuff as I add to my collection. My story:

So with all the lack of action in the 1/18 world, I have been bitten my the 1/6 bug. I started out with some stuff I picked up at Tuesday Mornings for $9.99 each.

I liked the figures, but no addiction. Then our very own King Tiger posted a link to the Cobra Sniper on sale at Hastings for $45. (Thanks a lot you SOB!) I had been aware of the Sideshow Joes, but couldn't bring myself to spend $100+ on dolls. When I got received the figure, it was all out the window. The past 3 months have been an orgy of purchases and I love each one more than the one before.
Here is my set up so far:

Last edited:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
wow, I'm in med school and I can even buy one slide show!

Meh, when you get into practice, you will be able to afford whatever you want. :D In the meantime, they can be had pretty reasonable if you look around on the secondary market.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Here are the pictures of the new Sideshow Viper, one of the best so far IMO.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
that display you have there is AWESOME YT!...very clean looking...not sure why, but i am really digging the astronaut...

are you gonna get R&R?

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
i am really digging the astronaut...

are you gonna get R&R?

The astronaut is really neat, he is one of my favorites. He is from Dragon so the headscuplt is primitive, but other than that he rocks! Yes I preordered Rock n Roll, my wait list actually just converted so I will be able to get the exclusive version with the do rag.
Thanks for your comments, it is a lot of work to take these pics and post it all up, glad to hear some feedback!

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Due to the overwhelming interest in this thread :p, I figured I would post pictures of my VTS Blackhawk Down "Chalk Leader", SSG Eversman:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Here is my Hot Toys Captain America, he is the most expensive figure I have, but he is pretty cool and only took about 10 minutes to set up out of the box.

Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Wow, that's some detail. I still can't get over the shiny shield- I always imagined it less reflective than that in the comics. Still looks cool though. I do like the helmet too, it's a very nice design.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
The vac metal shield is a little too shiny, but I do like it. I wish they would have made it out of real metal.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i can see the Cap'n now...he's awesome!...if he was in a more realistic background, i'd swear he was a real person

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I have decided to add 2 more Detolfs and I wanted to raise them up so you could see the bottom shelf. On a whim I bought 2 LACK coffee tables when I was getting the Detolfs. They seemed pretty sturdy at the store but when I got them home, I discovered they were quite flimsy. Since I live 2 hours away from IKEA, returning them was not practical, so I sawed them up and used them to "skin" a 2x12 and MDF base.

The 2x12 bases, I had some stain that was a pretty close match:

Gluing and screwing it all together:

Getting them in place:

Getting closer:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I wouldn't say there's a lack of interest. It's more of a lack of money/space for most of us to sustain addictions in both the 1:18 and 1:6 scale realms. I love 1:6 and collected it (never bought any figs over $50 though, too rich for a single fig IMO)until my kids started coming along. After that, space and money moved elsewhere. I love seeing your pics though.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
All Done with the risers, just a little futzing with the cords and such left.

The lighter area underneath is not visible other than in these pictures.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
In spite of UPS's best efforts to destroy him, RnR is here and he is awesome!

A couple quick pics:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't like the brown gear with the od utilities, but that would be a relatively easy group of items to have replaced.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I don't like the brown gear with the od utilities, but that would be a relatively easy group of items to have replaced.

I can understand, but it is actually one of my favorite features, looks old school to me.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I'm diggin it, it's just such an iconic look. I just had a hard time because seeing the joints on the figures is a killer to me. This body was a good balance of form, function and price.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I started work on my Breaker custom using a repaint of the Rock N Roll head. I have a lot of futzing to do and I plan to make a backpack for him reminiscent of the ARAH original.