YT's 1/6 Scale Thread: Sideshow Joes & Stuff

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
EBay. Here's what an AR dork I am, I bought a spare on eBay for the repaint, while my original sits in the box, just in case I need to sell him. I display RnR with the doo rag EX head...

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Working on the pack:

I cut up an ammo insert I had in the parts box.

Put the pieces together and started skinning it with styrene. The free hotel key variety.

Some sanding to get the proper angle.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I had a little incident with the first pack and a belt sander.
I started again:

And finished:

A few more futzes to the loadout and such and I will be done!

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Finally got around to putting together my DAM BHD Delta Team Leader:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
WOW!! I never have checked this thread out before! What an awesome collection and sweet display. What are all the frames on the wall? Some of those 12" figures are awesome...at this time I cannot justify the cost of one figure when I think how many 1:18 figures I can get.

I hope you keep posting pics!!! :D

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Are you intereted in some cheap dragon figs for gear? The gear is a mix of high end stuff that I parted together.

No thanks, I'm good DEREK.
LOL :), just kidding, I actually just bought the Hot Toys Joker & Captain Jack and an Eotech, so I'm totally tapped for a while.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
WOW!! I never have checked this thread out before! What an awesome collection and sweet display. What are all the frames on the wall?

I hope you keep posting pics!!! :D

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback, it is a lot of work to take pics and put them up and it is nice to know it's worthwhile. The frames are a mix of stuff from the military and work, the 3 on the bottom are COA's for the Extreme metal tanks.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I just picked up the Hot Toys Chris Taylor from Ebay for a nice price:

I just finished putting him together and he is loaded with lots of little details, among other things, the Claymore is amazing:

In the case:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
The uniform looks brown in the pics, but it is indeed OD with a good amount of weathering that apparently photographs as brown.
Maybe it's the tiger blood.:rolleyes:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was gonna ask about that. I don't think I've seen pics of that thing where the utilities DIDN'T look brown.

Apparently Hot Toys did a Vietnam SEAL that would be up my alley.

loadedtomcat

Magnificent Bastard
Mar 18, 2011
Not ARAH nor Sideshow, but I collect classic 12" Joes and I update some of them to wear modern 1/6 clothing:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
You are probably ahead of the game, I've never had much luck with mine, it runs way too fast and drains the battery quick.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I remember when you could get a Soldat from Dragon that had every piece of minutiae you could think to pack with a figure, all for like 60 bucks.

Japanese figures tend to be expensive, but that is fucking ridiculous.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly Hot Toys and the like are twice as good as Dragon stuff, so I guess $120 is a fair price point. Problem is now they have doubled that and keep going up with no improvements, just gouging. The HT 89 Joker DX was $265!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Honestly Hot Toys and the like are twice as good as Dragon stuff, so I guess $120 is a fair price point. Problem is now they have doubled that and keep going up with no improvements, just gouging. The HT 89 Joker DX was $265!

I have the SVD they did for their Rambo III figure and the fucking magazine won't stay in. So much for QC from Hot Toys.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I have the SVD they did for their Rambo III figure and the fucking magazine won't stay in. So much for QC from Hot Toys.

Lol, I have the same problem with some of my Sideshow Joes. That friggin canteens didn't fit the holders on the BHD Dam figure and HT Taylor's helmetdoesn't fit his head! For that kind of money you would think they could get it right.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Sideshow SDCC Exclusive Lt. Falcon came today, I really dig him!

Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I don't particularly care for the character, but that figure is all sorts of awesome. I don't think I ever got over him being a douche nozzle in the movie.

How's the alternate head look?

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I hear you, I always had a beret fetish, so a SF soldier was tops when I was a kid. Even if they did make him a D bag in the stupid Cobra La La la movie.
The alternate head is great, it just isn't Falcon to me. I may pick up some extras and bash a another with the other portrait.

Last edited:

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
It doesn't look like Falcon, you're right. It does look like something out of Black Ops though.

What other weapons besides the shotgun does he have?