Zombie Containment Vessel

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
what is the difference between the VHS copy and the DVD version, K-Tiger?

It's mostly audio stuff, as per the Uneeda Boss Site:

The differences noted immediately:
- Opening bass notes seem lower than the home video versions of old.
- "Fur Elise" replaced by a different classical piece as per the UK version on Tartan Video.
- "Dead Beat Dance" intro cackle and opening drum fill used then the Straw Dogs "Young Fast Iranians" is spliced in. THEN even dumber, the last part of the Dead Beat Dance returns! This is the same as Hemdale Video release (1991).
- "Take a Walk" lyrics removed in the scene where the punks at Uneeda decide to run back to the cemetery; dialogue track loud and clear while at Uneeda in front of the boarded up door
- Music of "Burn the Flames" lowered in the cremation scene. Frank's death scream is turned up louder - as Dan O'Bannon originally wanted. Sorry Dan, gonna have to go with the original version on this. That song seems so pitiful and cruel at the same time, so perfect, like a twisted music video. Turn it back up.
- Tar Man's voice redubbed. The "send more cops" radio corpse, too. I don't mind the latter but altering Tar Man's will be controversial!
- Helicopter stock footage voice over (by Dan )cut down a bit from the original.
- Sirens heard outside turned up louder when Burt grabs a baseball bat to kill Tar Man
- Original Tar Man and Radio Corpse voices in credits scene...forgot about that, didya guys?

Though they also released the dvd as non anamorphic widescreen, when the movie was meant to be shot with tv viewing in mind, so certain parts are cut off. This is one of those times when you want a full frame copy.

have you tried dry rub decals?...they came out really nice on my HI55

I suppose you have a source? I'd need tiny ones to replicate the look.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
Thats terrible that they did all that. Though I love the Romero series for the sublteties and commentary on the times, the Russo films are just fun to watch.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
White, preferably stencil, but block will suffice.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i have a whole extra sheet of the white, but it has no numbers on it...the red however does have numbers

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The smallest two sets on the white one would probably work the best.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not for the ZCV, but they might turn out useful later on.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
It's mostly audio stuff, as per the Uneeda Boss Site:

The differences noted immediately:
- Opening bass notes seem lower than the home video versions of old.
- "Fur Elise" replaced by a different classical piece as per the UK version on Tartan Video.
- "Dead Beat Dance" intro cackle and opening drum fill used then the Straw Dogs "Young Fast Iranians" is spliced in. THEN even dumber, the last part of the Dead Beat Dance returns! This is the same as Hemdale Video release (1991).
- "Take a Walk" lyrics removed in the scene where the punks at Uneeda decide to run back to the cemetery; dialogue track loud and clear while at Uneeda in front of the boarded up door
- Music of "Burn the Flames" lowered in the cremation scene. Frank's death scream is turned up louder - as Dan O'Bannon originally wanted. Sorry Dan, gonna have to go with the original version on this. That song seems so pitiful and cruel at the same time, so perfect, like a twisted music video. Turn it back up.
- Tar Man's voice redubbed. The "send more cops" radio corpse, too. I don't mind the latter but altering Tar Man's will be controversial!
- Helicopter stock footage voice over (by Dan )cut down a bit from the original.
- Sirens heard outside turned up louder when Burt grabs a baseball bat to kill Tar Man
- Original Tar Man and Radio Corpse voices in credits scene...forgot about that, didya guys?

Though they also released the dvd as non anamorphic widescreen, when the movie was meant to be shot with tv viewing in mind, so certain parts are cut off. This is one of those times when you want a full frame copy.

I suppose you have a source? I'd need tiny ones to replicate the look.

Your problem has been solved:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Return-Living-Dead-Steelbook/dp/B0073FCA94

Unaltered UK edition plays in PS3 systems, but not on conventional Region 1 BRD players. All original music and sound is preserved due to UK being absolved from US copyright laws on the music.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Holy necro thread, Batman!

I think it's still using the Tartan Video UK cut, so I won't be throwing out my Thorn EMI rental copy just yet.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Holy necro thread, Batman!

I think it's still using the Tartan Video UK cut, so I won't be throwing out my Thorn EMI rental copy just yet.

Not according to the reviews of the detail-oriented fans who have seen it.

Just trying to make you smile a little.

It is Friday, after all.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is Friday some come kind of secret make someone smile day?

*is suspicious*

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Bravestarr...\/

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I never commented on your bio hazard.

I am not into figures but this is definitely cool.

Have you been able to make copies ?

How much were the 55 gal drums that you were able to find ?

The apparatus on the side of the drum and the zombie inside would really be easy to copy .

Not sure what you used as the zombie goo but some Dawn dish soap and the possibility of a small LED light inside the drum would make the cool level a step higher.

Good job KT !!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Considering the price of the drum ( not sure how much you can get it for ) the drum would be easy to copy as well.

Let me know.

[/QUOTE]

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Considering the price of the drum ( not sure how much you can get it for ) the drum would be easy to copy as well.

Reading more it looks like you put a light in it.:thumbsup:

This may be an interesting project to get into.

Let me know.

[/QUOTE]

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're only a buck, and should be available in most Dollar General stores. Unfortunately I never worked up the desire to do more, though I really like the idea a lighted one. The goo comes with the drum, and it made for passable "coffin liquor". I think in the film they were filled with gas.

I'm wondering if mineral oil or glycerine would be alright in one.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
They're only a buck, and should be available in most Dollar General stores. Unfortunately I never worked up the desire to do more, though I really like the idea a lighted one. The goo comes with the drum, and it made for passable "coffin liquor". I think in the film they were filled with gas.

I'm wondering if mineral oil or glycerine would be alright in one.

Not sure on the mineral oil or glycerin. It could break down the plastic or resin.

Are the drums still available at Dollar General ?

I Googled zombie in a 55 gal drum and got some more info.

The movie props had a keyboard on them with a white stencil in Emergency Call US Army #####.

Kind of plain.

There was also a metal domed bubble top version in one of the movies.

I like your rendition a lot better.

Although the Call US Army would look cool in addition to the bio hazard sticker .

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've actually have the 2-4-5 Trioxin/Property Department of Army label on the back side. It would look better stenciled on (or in this case, dry transfers), but I've not got the hand-eye coordination to pull it off and make it look good. I tried to keep it in the vein of those in the first film, though I believe they may have used plastic drums in that one.

Drums are still available, and now that the topic has been revived maybe I'll try another one.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, Fled, those look right. Mine are carded and only come in black.

Thanks, fellas. I don't think it's front-page material, though.