Marauder Valkyries

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Pics from NJCC are showing up on Facebook. Will link some pics when I get on my PC.

Kick starter starts tomorrow!

Base figure looks like the female version of the MTF figs. Some other sculpts have plain pants. Looks like it's going to be a pretty sweet set. I'll probably throw some money at this one as my daughter is always looking for more female Joe figs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Potential. Lack of ALICE gear is disappointing.

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013
Pics from NJCC are showing up on Facebook. Will link some pics when I get on my PC.

Kick starter starts tomorrow!

Base figure looks like the female version of the MTF figs. Some other sculpts have plain pants. Looks like it's going to be a pretty sweet set. I'll probably throw some money at this one as my daughter is always looking for more female Joe figs.

Do you have a link to that Kickstarter?

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Hasbro knows female figures sell well among collectors. That's why GI Joe had two straight SDCC exclusives that were female (Jinx and Zarana). And why most sets also contain female figures. But collectors are only a small minority of prospective customers for Hasbro. When they try to release female figures in mass retail the peg warming Social Clashes happens. Even though both are good figures, they didn't sell well at retail. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that the largest demograph of customers (kids) didn't want them.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I flat fucking refuse to believe kids are the biggest demographic for GI Joe figures. No doubt for the cosplay stuff and Action Battlers crap, but no fucking way is little Timmy the prime driver for any 18th product since the 25A 5packs hit. The Social Clash 2pack pegwarmed because them dumb fuckers at Hasbro put two individuals with limited armybuilding potential in a pack. If they'd have made the Baroness a female Blushirt, that shit would've sold better than any other item.

As to the Valkyries, I'm def gonna get some of them, but I don't really need a Lady FireFly or Ms Spearhead, lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, they've got a swinging dick in there for whatever reason, though he looks a little more versatile than than the original Marauder figure.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
I flat fucking refuse to believe kids are the biggest demographic for GI Joe figures. No doubt for the cosplay stuff and Action Battlers crap, but no fucking way is little Timmy the prime driver for any 18th product since the 25A 5packs hit.

That's the demographic Hasbro needs to grab in order for G.I. Joe to be a major player again at B&M retail. The collector demographic just gets smaller as time goes on. If Hasbro can't spark the interest of kids with G.I. Joe, expect Joe to become an online only collector line with accompanying collector price tag.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Does anyone know if the decals they were showing off were sticker decals or water slide decals? I'm guessing most people want stickers, but it never hurts to ask.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Yeah, they're die cut stickers. I haven't seen any convention photos of them though.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
That's the demographic Hasbro needs to grab in order for G.I. Joe to be a major player again at B&M retail. The collector demographic just gets smaller as time goes on. If Hasbro can't spark the interest of kids with G.I. Joe, expect Joe to become an online only collector line with accompanying collector price tag.

Exactly, and that's why Hasbro needs to sub-let the Joe brand to some Japanese & 3rd-Party companies like Disney did with SW so we can at least get some good product. I'm getting real tired of seeing the same five vehicle molds over and over again. Imagine what Marauder could do with the official brand and logos they so obvious try to synergize with.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Does anyone know if the decals they were showing off were sticker decals or water slide decals? I'm guessing most people want stickers, but it never hurts to ask.

Man how I wish some of these decal sites would also get into waterslides. Offer the choice between regular sticker decals or waterslides. So nice.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
June 2016 delivery...

Was hoping they would have had a shorter turnaround this second go round

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Knew it would. The question is how many stretch goals do they have to make up as they go? Still 40 days left.

Fritzkrieg

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
I'm waiting on this one to see if the All In, ends up being worth it. Right now "All In" is over priced. The next level up, would only interest me if all stretch goals are unlocked, I have no need for a 24 women army of the first 3 Vals. If funding exceeds all stretch goals and more are added, the All In could end up a better value than the Asgard.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
But the next levels up ($399 Asgard & $699 Valhalla) let you choose either figs OR accessory sets from anything being made (3 original figs plus any unlocked figs or accessory sets). So pick a few figures and stock up on accessory sets. All in is a gamble right now but you know some of those stretch goals will be unlocked. Of course it will be a great deal if everything gets unlocked and then even more levels are achieved.

Valhalla is a lot of money but you know it will cost a ton more to get everything included once it goes in the store. I thought I read that someone calculated it to be close to $2,500 if you bought everything from the MTF highest pledge if you got it from the store instead of the kickstarter. So spend more now to save more later.

You can always select the $339 Folkvangr level and then change it to the $399 Asgard level if it doesn't look like all the unlocks will happen before it ends. If it ends with all 16 stretch goals unlocked, Folkvangr will get you all the unlocks plus the original figs and with Asgard you could get the same plus 5 more figs or accessory sets at $12 a piece instead of the regular $18 each deal. Folkvangr won't really be the best deal unless more than 16 stretch goals are reached. It would be the best deal if it he campaign had 21 stretch goals unlocked. Then you would have the same amount of items at a $60 discount. But if you're looking to get more of one thing than another, Asgard or Valhalla is the way to go.

I wish I had the money to go nuts and pledge Valhalla myself but I'll settle for a few figs and accessory sets if a bundle happens. I'd really like to see more stretch goals added and unlocked. MJ talked about making more male figure parts, plus patch plugs, and ammo belts on the JoeCustoms podcast at NJCC.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I'm not interested. I just don't see a need for any of it,and frankly the revised female from falcone was a better looking figure. I haven't even gone after any of the new joes,because I hust don't care anymore I'm after tooling for customs,and I know Id get lynched if I do what I do with one of these,so I'm better of just leaving them alone completely:D

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Thankfully the majority don't agree with you, :trollface:

We haven't even seen a 3d rendering or prototype so how can you tell which is better solely based on the concept art? You can bet that the proportions and articulation will be spot on for the Marauder fig. Sorry, but Falcone's female fig missed the mark there.

Reactions: darthdre758

Fritzkrieg

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Still no front page article promoting this? These kick starters are the best thing this hobbie has going for it. I'd like to see more support from this group.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Thankfully the majority don't agree with you, :trollface:

We haven't even seen a 3d rendering or prototype so how can you tell which is better solely based on the concept art? You can bet that the proportions and articulation will be spot on for the Marauder fig. Sorry, but Falcone's female fig missed the mark there.

Yeah, there are VAST improvements between the BFS control art and the hardcopy item. Their sculpting is far better than their drawing. It's why I bet I'll still like the Fantasy Elvish Queen despite thinking her color combo is ass-ugly.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
For those interested. I started a Valhalla bundle thread if anyone wants to get on.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Of course we can. Marauder supporters can be a bit......overzealous.