Marauder Valkyries

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
At least, hopefully, your wife's ass is bigger.

Reading this again, this comes off as a really dickheaded comment about your wife without an acknowledgement that the figure's ass is an inch wide and thus far too small. Apologies if you happened to take it that way, darthdre. It wasn't meant as any sort of comment about her, man.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
At least you guys have wives to bitch about.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Mini Q & A from the other site.

1- Any chance for a set of bearded versions of the male heads? Some customs of your heads with painted beard were very good and might not need re-tooling.

MJ: Yes, looking to see if we can get unmasked heads released with the short beard, moustache and goatee (just painted on the face). Looking at Brown, black and blond.

2- Any chance for a set of more skin colors and hair colors of the female heads? There is a lack of 4 inch female african and spanic girls on figures

MJ: Yes, there are 3 different hair styles planned for the Vals and 3 different face sculpts (Caucasian, AA and Hispanic). Each face sculpt will be available with each hair style. Caucasian heads will have blond, brown, black, red and light brown hair color (in all 3 hair styles) Hispanic head will have black and dark brown hair in all three hair styles. African-American head will have black hair in all 3 hair styles.

3- Any chance for selling the upper and lower parts separately? There are lots of possibilities matching the torsos with different legs of male and female figures.

MJ: Will look into that, but the tricky part would be getting the correct levels of each body part AND try to keep costs in control. We could set aside a specific number of figures just for "body parts",but again there are issues.

4- Any chance for selling hands separately of the figures? Yours have more articulation than the other common retail figure series.

MJ: Yes, we'll soon make ALL our current hand styles available on the website (left and right) in all 8 of the current colors.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Some great news there in the hands! Hopefully do the same with the females.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Hazard Ops is unlocked. I can't wait to see the prototypes painted up. Hopefully we'll see them before the kickstarter ends.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I want the pilot and blue security ops figure. Unsure about the intel ops figure, might make a good Bomb Strike though.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I just backed the kick starter. When/how do you "order any unlocked stretch goals for an additional fee"? I've never supported a kick starter before.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
I just backed the kick starter. When/how do you "order any unlocked stretch goals for an additional fee"? I've never supported a kick starter before.

There's a post Kickstarter thing, I think vitruvian hacks used fundafull, where you can add additional funds and select extra figures.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
You have to add the money for additional items is in your pledge *before* the KS ends. Once it's closed, you can't add or subtract funds.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
You have to add the money for additional items is in your pledge *before* the KS ends. Once it's closed, you can't add or subtract funds.

You were totally able to add funds after vitruvian hacks ended for stretch goals, did the mtf kickstarter not allow that last time around?

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Here's the details:

Marauder John said:
If you want ADDITIONAL unlocked stretch goal items ABOVE the 24 figure /sets in your contribution level, just add the cost of those figures to your pledge amount. If you ONLY want the stretch goal items to be PART of the 24 figures/sets selection, you can provide that information to us in the survey after the Kickstarter event ends. We're setting up a Backerkit account so you can provide the required info (shipping and selection) AND have the option to add MORE items to your package.
Thanks again!
MJ

You'll be able to add more later in case something is unlocked in the last moments of the kickstarter. However, it's better to add what you want now to increase the chance of unlocking more stretch goals. If everybody waits to add on to their pledge after the fact, a lot of stretch goals will be missed.

So add the amount for the stretch goals you want to your pledge now.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Ok, so basically $19 per figure then right?

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
You were totally able to add funds after vitruvian hacks ended for stretch goals, did the mtf kickstarter not allow that last time around?

I have no knowledge of that, and it's the first I'm hearing. My understanding is that it's a KS rule. What's the point of having an ending date if that's not when it ends?

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Ok, so basically $19 per figure then right?

I think it is $18 for each additional and the other MTF Kickstarter used a post kickstarter site where you could add on additional purchases...that was the only way to get the all olive green ones...doesn't surprise me they will have another set up like that...

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
I have no knowledge of that, and it's the first I'm hearing. My understanding is that it's a KS rule. What's the point of having an ending date if that's not when it ends?

Apologies if I misread your post. You can add funding afterwards via fundafull etc to buy additional figures etc, but the extra funds won't unlock additional reward levels.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Giggity. New stretch goal added. 700 contributors. Need a bunch of people to throw a buck at the first contributor level.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Those hands are nice! And Hazard Ops is unlocked now. Less than 200 more contributors to go to unlock Recon Ops and less than $7000 for the black gear set to be unlocked. I hope it starts climbing soon.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Apologies if I misread your post. You can add funding afterwards via fundafull etc to buy additional figures etc, but the extra funds won't unlock additional reward levels.

Mind you, I've only gone in on the HACKS KS, and I don't recall such a thing being allowed for a KS then. Things may have changed since then, but it still sounds kind of dumb to be able to throw in money after it's finished. Obviously the company likes it as they get more money, but waiting is also obviously counter-productive to the contributor as it keeps items locked.

The COBRA Chick looked more like a Glenda before they showed the vest would be blue. They should have made it plainly obvious from the get-go she's meant to be a COBRA Blueshirt as maybe the initial contributions would've been even higher.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Yeah, the concept art was a little deceiving but MJ stated at the beginning that the Vals would match the same colors/decos as the MTF fgures. The MTF Security Ops was all blue so it should have been expected that the Vals Security Ops would match and be all blue too. There already was a gray vest with the Urban Ops and we needed the blue vest since it's not with the blue gear set.

I'm still hoping that we see some painted protos before the end. I don't think there was a lot of time to complete them with the protos arriving so late in the campaign.

I think it would be pretty easy to make a red face mask for the Security Ops that would attach to the helmet. Fab with green stuff, then mold and cast...

Last edited:

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Mind you, I've only gone in on the HACKS KS, and I don't recall such a thing being allowed for a KS then. Things may have changed since then, but it still sounds kind of dumb to be able to throw in money after it's finished. Obviously the company likes it as they get more money, but waiting is also obviously counter-productive to the contributor as it keeps items locked.

The COBRA Chick looked more like a Glenda before they showed the vest would be blue. They should have made it plainly obvious from the get-go she's meant to be a COBRA Blueshirt as maybe the initial contributions would've been even higher.

He mentioned it in an early comment on the kickstarter page. He didn't think the detail would show on an all blue illustration. It was nice to see the color mixing potential. You saw a potential Glenda. I saw a potential Mayday with a Night Ops body swap.

Creator Marauder GR on August 8
Hi!
The blue Val will have the same color gear as the body. You'll be able to achieve the gray vest/blue body look of the illustration using the gray vest. There is some variation in the colors on the illustrations to better show the detail of the items. Once we post the paint masters, it will be much clearer.
MJ

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
The black gear is unlocked and we're about $12,000 from Spec Ops. We still need 158 backers to unlock Recon Ops. We should see the numbers to start to climb real soon I think.

Fritzkrieg

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Sweat figures, I'm in for over $200 now and have been bumping my pledges up every couple of days. This KS keeps getting better and better.

Not sure why this Kickstarter has been snubbed on the front page. Maybe it's political?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Sweat figures, I'm in for over $200 now and have been bumping my pledges up every couple of days. This KS keeps getting better and better.

Not sure why this Kickstarter has been snubbed on the front page. Maybe it's political?

Actually I think it's been explained in other threads that the staff has had a rough time of late and is barely able to keep up with the forums, let alone keep up with the front page. We have a guy who was sitting on the edge of might or might not have cancer, one was moving, one disappeared, one is having a baby soon, one just had a baby recently, one quit completely. We've had a bit of a heavy dose of real lives getting in the way.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think Marauder Inc.'s projects gets more than enough fellating on lots of toy sites, even ones that have little in the way of 1:18 scale focus, but there's hardly some vast conspiracy against this project. The astute observer will note that there hasn't been ANY updates to the front page since April. A fucking 1:18 scale AV-8B+ has been released, arguably more important to this site's focus than these figures and it's not up on the front page.

Jesus H. Christ on a bicycle. They're not being snubbed. The fellas that can do the updates just have better things to do than hobby related stuff.

EDIT. Beat by XOC.

Fritzkrieg

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Sorry, had no idea all that stuff was going on, I spend most of my time in the customs threads. I just didn't understand how the other Legion XIV female soldier got front page promotion and this one was left out. I guess that explains it. Sorry, for my ignorance of the situation.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Jebus fucking Scheist this forum refuses to accept the url. Go to their KS page to see the Desert-Ops painted pic.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Here ya go AV,

Hey Marauder Task Force Team Members!
We just added images of the MTF Valkyries Desert-Ops Paint Master Prototype to the Kickstarter event! We hope you like the design!

Over the FINAL remaining 48 hours of the event, we will be add LOTS of info to the project. MORE paint master images, MORE color 3d illustrations AND some surprises!
Fasten your seatbelts...the next several hours should be quite a ride!
Thanks again for your support!
MJ

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
marauders are producing amazing figures with an incredible attention to detail... that must hurt some franchises and toy stores :) :)!!!!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Minus the knife ( still waiting for a good trench knife-wielding hand) and grieves she'd make a pretty good FET member.

Ponytail that long is a good way to get your neck opened up. Better police it. :trollface: