Marauder Valkyries

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
POSTED ON HT by John

Hey Folks!

We added 4 (FOUR) new Marauder Task Force stretch goal bonus figures to the MTF Valkyries Kickstarter. We wanted a way to offer our “army builderâ€￾ fans more options AND provide NEW items that will arrive in October of this year…not just in June of next year. New, highly requested, color combinations that greatly expand upon the current Marauder Task Force offerings. Solid Brown & Black, Solid Gray & Black, Orange & Black and Yellow & Green color combinations. The new stretch goals were added earlier in the stretch goal list, have smaller funding level goals to reach and the FULLY equipped figures will be available at huge discounts off their regular retail prices. So now is the time to build up your troops at value prices AND join in the MTF Valkyries Kickstarter project (with your support, we can unlock even MORE stretch goal items!). Added some very basic illustrations to the event and have tooling test shot samples on the way for images.

Hope you like them!
MJ

MTF Valkyries Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732159183/marauder-task-force-valkyries-1-18-scale-female-fi

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ugh, terrible.

How about they stretch goal some new weapons?

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
I pretty much just wanted the dropship pilot and that's been funded, so unless they unlock the accessories kits, that's about it for me.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I pretty much just wanted the dropship pilot and that's been funded, so unless they unlock the accessories kits, that's about it for me.

Same. And that's to compare it to the splittail helo pilot I have on the work bench. I think the chick in the wife beater could be useful as a fobbit/REMF of some kind.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I was expecting night vision goggles, cameras, battery packs, etc for the helmet plugs as some of the accessories in this Kickstarter.

Kinda disappointing.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I was expecting night vision goggles, cameras, battery packs, etc for the helmet plugs as some of the accessories in this Kickstarter.

Kinda disappointing.

there are NVGs on this one - Stretch Goal #6 $124,000 - MTF Valkyries Dark Green Spec-Ops Action Figure

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
That's way the F down there though. I wish they would have moved some of the accessories up and some of the figures down...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Yeah one pair at that far down is disappointing. I want some accessories for all the damn holes in those helmets.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Exactly. I understand this is it's own thing, but if you want to generate more funding, add some stuff for the previous figures.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Exactly. I understand this is it's own thing, but if you want to generate more funding, add some stuff for the previous figures.

Things like the backpack, rifle sheath, hydration bladder, and radio are unisex. The bandolier, satchel, and large scarf should be unisex. Still up in the air if the pilot helmet and baseball are unisex, but likely.

From KS comments.

Creator Marauder GR about 15 hours ago
Adam,
The goal is to have ALL the new accessories work with the original male figures and original accessories work with the new figures. In most cases, the limiting factor is size. The new vests are too small for the men (just like the original vests are too big for the Vals). The new helmet should work along with all the other belts, bandoliers, scarf, hood, backpack, satchel packs, etc. The new modular accessories will have the same sized peg as the original modular accessories which will allow for use on all figures/gear.
On a side note...we have SEVERAL NEW male specific accessories that we have yet to reveal!
Thanks!
MJ

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Should have scrapped the knife on the pilot in favor of NVGs.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
New Terra Ops mock-up

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
The Green/ Yellow one would've been great if it had the H haness instead of the full armor and a green head. They'd make pretty decent Hydra stand ins at that point.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
They will most likely be putting out all the gear in all the colors, so you'll be able to get any combo of webgear/color you want.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Naw the next camo will be the Shield blue and white. Might as well copy all of Falcone's ideas.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
The Hydra and Shield decos weren't Falcone's ideas though. A supporter suggested them as a way to sell more figs and then they were added as a stretch goal.
Christian Greene said:
Do a blue/white and a green/yellow deco that match MU SHIELD and HYDRA men and I'll order more figures
Same thing happened with MJ. People keep asking him for those colors so he's delivering.

There's a lot of interesting information in this MJ interview with JoeCustoms.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
If they hadn't decided to throw the t-shirt female figure in I would have contributed. Hell, I still might for the ninja in black.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Nope, and only 1 taker on my Valhalla bundle. Proving Hasbro right about female figs.

That doesn't prove Hasbro was right, lol. It proves you only had 1 person interested in your bundle. 30 out of 321 kickstarter supporters have pledged the Valhalla level (just over 9% of the supporters). Considering that the project was funded in less than a day and a half (without 3d concepts, painted prototypes, or a full on email campaign, and before he added the MTF repaints), I'd say Hasbro was wrong and people not only want female figures, they want female army builder figures.

If they hadn't decided to throw the t-shirt female figure in I would have contributed. Hell, I still might for the ninja in black.

I'll let you in on a little secret. MJ is a freaking HUGE fan of the Aliens Colonial Marines. He's already made a Colonial Marine NCM rifle and flame thrower. The MTF guys were his way of getting the figures he wanted and at the same time giving the fans something they'd like too. With the Valkyries, the t-shirt figure is most likely his Ripley and probably close enough for him for Vasquez in Aliens (or will be in green with an Hispanic ethnicity). MJ got his fig(s) but he's giving the fans a figure they'd like too (Renegades Lady Jaye). Also, his Aliens pilot is already unlocked and the Smart Gunner is further up on the stretch goals. Maybe he has a motion tracker, head mounted sight, and shoulder lamp lined up as future accessories. At this point, I wouldn't at all be surprised if MJ decided to make some MTF vehicles and that they'd look something like the Aliens APC and Dropship.

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I wonder if I finish my Edge of Tomorrow suit, if it could get thrown in as a stretch goal. It would fit theme.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll let you in on a little secret. MJ is a freaking HUGE fan of the Aliens Colonial Marines. He's already made a Colonial Marine NCM rifle and flame thrower. The MTF guys were his way of getting the figures he wanted and at the same time giving the fans something they'd like too. With the Valkyries, the t-shirt figure is most likely his Ripley and probably close enough for him for Vasquez in Aliens (or will be in green with an Hispanic ethnicity). MJ got his fig(s) but he's giving the fans a figure they'd like too (Renegades Lady Jaye). Also, his Aliens pilot is already unlocked and the Smart Gunner is further up on the stretch goals. Maybe he has a motion tracker, head mounted sight, and shoulder lamp lined up as future accessories. At this point, I wouldn't at all be surprised if MJ decided to make some MTF vehicles and that they'd look something like the Aliens APC and Dropship.

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Well that explains the greaves lousing up the MTF figures. I thought the figures were a little too much of a USCM knock-off for the resemblance to be a coincidence.

Really wish they'd get back to weapons, though I'm sure they'd do something to disappoint me there as well.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
I guess it'd make sense for marauder to start doing vehicles eventuality.

If it happened, I'd go all in for a 1/18 dropship and apc. Size be dammed.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Those look very nice! Just under 3 weeks to go, hurry up and show us the rest of them along with the painted prototypes so we can try to get everything else unlocked.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gun scabbard is gonna be nice for using on certain vehicles. Completely ridiculous as an on-the-figure accessory, nice for a modern WLA custom, or on the dash of a Jeep of HMMWV.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
So the ass is too nice? Better than the figure looking like ass, lol.

Tech Ops is unlocked now. I really like that figure deco. It's still a long way to go for the smart gunner but I hope it at least gets to that goal.