StarWarsGeek custom casts

Dark Horse

Ultimate Z-list celebrity
I decided to put this Shockwave kit in the store as a pre-order instead of an in-stock item. It'll be easier for me, and I can see how many people *really* want a kit instead of making a bunch and then getting stuck with them. So if you're one of the people that were interested, go check it out and place your order if you want to get a kit. I'll be filling the orders on a first come, first served basis.

Always cool to see if people back up their posts with $$$ lol.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
CYBER MONDAY SALE - 50% OFF CAST ITEMS!!

To 'celebrate' Cyber-Monday, I'm offering 50% off items in my store. Everything is on sale EXCEPT for the Shockwave kits. Shipping is not included in the sale.

Unfortunately I have no way to actually create a sale with the storefront software, but I will refund 50% of the total purchase price (minus the shipping and EXCLUDING purchases of Shockwave kits) back to you via PayPal after your purchase has been confirmed. Just mention that you saw this sale here.

http://starwarsgeek.ecrater.com/

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
CYBER MONDAY SALE - 50% OFF CAST ITEMS!!

To 'celebrate' Cyber-Monday, I'm offering 50% off items in my store. Everything is on sale EXCEPT for the Shockwave kits. Shipping is not included in the sale.

Unfortunately I have no way to actually create a sale with the storefront software, but I will refund 50% of the total purchase price (minus the shipping and EXCLUDING purchases of Shockwave kits) back to you via PayPal after your purchase has been confirmed. Just mention that you saw this sale here.

http://starwarsgeek.ecrater.com/

Bump!

Great Deal!

TR1ER

Enlisted
Aug 23, 2012
Technically it was after midnight EST so "Cyber Monday" was over... but I never specified a timeframe for the sale to end so I'll hook you up.

Thanks everyone who ordered... watch this space for some new product, and perhaps even a surprise Christmas sale.

Thanks dawg!:thumbsup:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
It is an ACR that i modded, based from the Crysis2 fig accesssory. It's decent imo, but not 100% accurate. Close enough to pass as one, though.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
It's the end of another year... so you know what that means? CLEARANCE TIME!

I'm going through my 'stock' of head casts and adding some of the stragglers and leftovers that haven't been on the site in a while... some of them are the last pieces, so keep an eye on the store site to see when they go up. For the older pieces, once they're gone, they're gone, the molds are dead and I won't be making new molds for older pieces unless there is a very large demand for them.

I'm also going to taking a ton of parts and making a very large (100+ pieces most likely) eBay auction for them... so keep an eye out for that, too!

Hopefully by the new year I can get some of the new stuff up. Things have been pretty hectic for me since Hurricane Sandy hit and I've gotten behind on a ton of stuff... so hopefully once I clean out my old inventory, get some cash flow to buy some new supplies, I can get some of the new stuff up and running.

Thanks for the support throughout this past year!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It's the end of another year... so you know what that means? CLEARANCE TIME!

I'm going through my 'stock' of head casts and adding some of the stragglers and leftovers that haven't been on the site in a while... some of them are the last pieces, so keep an eye on the store site to see when they go up. For the older pieces, once they're gone, they're gone, the molds are dead and I won't be making new molds for older pieces unless there is a very large demand for them.

I'm also going to taking a ton of parts and making a very large (100+ pieces most likely) eBay auction for them... so keep an eye out for that, too!

Hopefully by the new year I can get some of the new stuff up. Things have been pretty hectic for me since Hurricane Sandy hit and I've gotten behind on a ton of stuff... so hopefully once I clean out my old inventory, get some cash flow to buy some new supplies, I can get some of the new stuff up and running.

Thanks for the support throughout this past year!

Bump!

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
OK the clearance section has been added and a few items are in there... I have quite a few more to add, soon as I can find the time. I also added some Death Star Consoles (shown below) to ANOTHER new section I added to the store - the Pre-Order section!!

AND... a quick sneak peek of another idea that I'm working on. The Predator... if my idea works as I plan, it will be 5 or 6 different Predator heads in 1. Well, basically, I have a flexible black cast of the dreads (2 different styles) and 5 or 6 different various helmets/faces... so I guess that would be 10 - 12 different predators...

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I have a set of those Death Star consoles from SDS before they weren't offered again, but I never did anything with them. They were so thin in areas that the casted plastic itself rippled and even tore in a few spots. I'm trying to figure out a way to repair them, but I may just do a battle-damaged set.

The work on them was pretty solid, but I'm guessing it was due to them being such large pieces that they warped. I understand the thin areas to reduce material waste, but it's almost like they needed to have some material added in a few areas if only for support. Is there any way you could (or did, if you did already) fix some of those issues?

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Hmmm... the ones I have, I got from DarkWynter after he took over SDS stuff, and they aren't thin or have any defects. If you can take some pics, I might be able to give you an idea on what to do for them... perhaps using some thin styrene to replace the walls? If it's something that can be fixed with some resin or something like that I could probably do that for you.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hmm... Not sure what I'll do. I didn't spend too much on them, maybe $10 each (I got a set of 3) and intended to use them as Cobra consoles, but I'll figure something out with them.

It's not worth bothering you to fix mine, but thanks for the offer. :)

I tried a few things to patch/thicken the thin areas and it made them worse (they rippled/bubbled due to stretching, I guess a chemical reaction?) but just wanted to see if yours were better. I may have just gotten a bad set. :(

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
AND... a quick sneak peek of another idea that I'm working on. The Predator... if my idea works as I plan, it will be 5 or 6 different Predator heads in 1. Well, basically, I have a flexible black cast of the dreads (2 different styles) and 5 or 6 different various helmets/faces... so I guess that would be 10 - 12 different predators...

WOOHOO! :thumbsup:

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
It's the end of the year, and do you know what that means?? CLEARANCE TIME!! That's right, just like all the local car dealerships, I'm posting some items to my webstore that I need to closeout - just pieces that I ran too many copies of, or pieces that just did not sell well. These pieces are the last of the bunch, and when they're gone, THEY'RE GONE! The molds are broken down, and since they were not good sellers I'm NOT going to be making the molds for these again, so if you want them, get them NOW! Some of these I have a few (3 - 5) pieces available, some I'm down to the last piece...

http://starwarsgeek.ecrater.com/c/1667586/clearance-section

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It's the end of the year, and do you know what that means?? CLEARANCE TIME!! That's right, just like all the local car dealerships, I'm posting some items to my webstore that I need to closeout - just pieces that I ran too many copies of, or pieces that just did not sell well. These pieces are the last of the bunch, and when they're gone, THEY'RE GONE! The molds are broken down, and since they were not good sellers I'm NOT going to be making the molds for these again, so if you want them, get them NOW! Some of these I have a few (3 - 5) pieces available, some I'm down to the last piece...

http://starwarsgeek.ecrater.com/c/1667586/clearance-section

Bump!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Got my casts from SWG today and he shipped them Monday...and I ordered the Sunday! Holy shit! Extremely fast shipping, and a great bunch of casts.

Fastest I've ever received custom cast items from anywhere ever.

Awesome stuff man. Now if we can just get you to cast up some guns and thigh holsters...

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I am working on tons of stuff... I'm always working on stuff to add to the store. I have a huge box of parts that are 'waiting' to get molded.

I hope to get some of Obi's weapons up for sale at some point this year, too...

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I hope to get some of Obi's weapons up for sale at some point this year, too...

Not like I check the store periodically for those or anything... :pirate:

Got some stuff from Dave today as well, that I'd ordered on Monday. I ordered stuff from a site that's located in the same state and didn't get it as fast.

Riotheory

Enlisted
Jun 26, 2012
Wasatch Front, UT
Not to derail the thread or anything, but since Obi and guns have come up, I have a weapon question. I gave my boys a 30th HISS tank for Christmas, and I noticed that the assault rifle the Crimson Horseman comes with looks like a HK416, only not HALO sized. Now the questions:

1) Is that an HK416 or something else?

2) How accurate is the scale on that thing?

3) Has anyone cut that ugly grenade launcher off of that and cast it yet?

As usual, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

R.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
1. Could be, could be any number of AR-15/M-4 clones. There aren't many features of an HK416 that are substantially different than any other of those weapons systems.

Given the look of the rails, and the sights and the pistol grip, it does look like a HK-416
2. Don't own one for measurment purposes, but it "looks" correct- which isn't a scale.
3. Can't answer that one.

Attached are pics of the HK416 and an AR with similar furniture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
For some reason it wouldn't let me put two pics in one response. Here is a pic of the HK.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 8

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
OK, the first 'batch' of Obi's weapons are now loaded into the store. I have a very limited supply at the moment, maybe 3 - 5 of each. I'll be making more as time goes on, but the molds for these did not turn out great and I'm having some difficulty getting the casts to pull completely for some reason. I've never had this much problem with my molds before... but alas, it is what it is.

http://starwarsgeek.ecrater.com/c/1535942/weapons

Last edited: