StarWarsGeek custom casts

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Thanks for posting those. They look good, and it's good to see SDS' archive stuff living in some format or another. They're all 1:18th, I imagine? Or is anything for the 6" scale?

Also, not to derail, but do you know which caster/store is getting the last "wave" of stuff that SDS posted for Preorder before they had all their issues and shut the door? (This would be December 2011, or thereabouts.)

I've got a good $100+ outstanding order or so of stuff that I'm more upset about not getting the parts, versus the money spent on it. I keep watching your stuff for it to pop up, since you seem to have gotten the largest library of items, but have no idea who got those newest molds, or if they were even to that point.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Well, first off... let me just put it out there that other than leasing the parts from Slayer, I have no affiliation with them. I wasn't a part of the company, and had nothing to do with anyone's orders not being sent, or being lost, or whatever might have happened. I simply lease the parts from SDS and make my own molds and casts. I know that no one is accusing me of anything, or expecting me to send refunds or orders that were placed with SDS, but I just wanted to get that out there.

Now...

I know that Dave has had some health issues, which forced him to sell the ownership of the majority of the parts to another customizer. As for the largest library of items, it would definitely be The Angelforge. He's the one that took possession of the majority of the items that SDS had available. His website is www.theangelforge.com and I know that he has a ton of stuff up for sale there.

Not sure if he has the stuff you're looking for, but at least it's a start. I don't think I have any of the later stuff that never got sent out. My agreement with The Angelforge is for me to produce whatever parts I want, that I have on hand. The only parts that I have on hand are the parts that I purchased from SDS over the years that I never used. So my library of parts isn't really all that extensive, unfortunately.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
AND just to throw this out there... I try to keep a stock of parts on hand at all times for the majority of what I have in the store, SDS parts or otherwise. I pride myself on shipping 99.9% of my orders within 24 hours of the order being placed, except on weekends of course. I'm trying to avoid all the problems that people had with SDS in the past and just try to sell the parts that I can sell to help out anyone that wants to use them to make some kick ass customs. Whether you loved them or hated them, they made some great stuff over the years.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I'm just looking for those final "wave" parts so I can repurchase them again, and finally receive them to finish the customs I have in queue. If Dave ever gets around to getting those orders filled, then I'll get them from him, but in the meantime, I'd prefer to just seek out whoever got the molds from them.

Sadly, it was a larger order I made and there were a good 10 or so ARAH customs that I have in store that can't be made without their heads/kits, so that's why I''m eager to find whoever had them so I can buy them again.

Also, in the meantime, I'm needing to find a replacement "source" for SDS-level stuff, and it seems that you, Angelforge, and others are getting some of the library of parts. I was glad to see someone picking up the torch, so to speak.

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
Falcone: TofuJesse has the Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma heads. I know because he got them from me. :D

Jokabofe: I like the new stuff...will definitely hit you up for torsos as soon as they are available.

-CC

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
And a few more... This is part of a new idea I'm working on... I took several GI Joe and Marvel Universe female heads apart, and I'm casting the head and the hair separately. They can be mixed and matched to a certain degree to create new combinations. Sometimes they don't fit perfectly but so far, more often than not, they do fit and look great.

Last edited:

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
And a few more... This is part of a new idea I'm working on... I took several GI Joe and Marvel Universe female heads apart, and I'm casting the head and the hair separately. They can be mixed and matched to a certain degree to create new combinations. Sometimes they don't fit perfectly but so far, more often than not, they do fit and look great.

Ha! I just separated a bunch of these for Jesse for EXACTLY the same reason! Great minds think alike! :D

I love some of the monster casts. Not sure what I'd use them for off the top of my head, but man, I want to think of something!

-CC

Last edited:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
:eek:
I so want to make a Black Cat but I'm sure Hasbro will make one eventually.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Ha! I just separated a bunch of these for Jesse for EXACTLY the same reason! Great minds think alike! :D

Huh, and here I am thinking I'm being all smart and original, lol!

I love some of the monster casts. Not sure what I'd use them for off the top of my head, but man, I want to think of something!

That's exactly how I ended up with them in the first place! When they were added to the Slayer (or it might have still been Tri-Gate at the time) store I thought they were awesome and had to have them... I've done that quite a bit with TGC and SDS parts over the years. Which has kind of worked out in a way, since I have a large inventory of unused parts available, now that I'm leasing the rights to cast them I can have a nice inventory assortment :)

I should have those Black Cat heads up today, along with a few other items. The Black Cat heads were a bitch to cast and pull properly, so I only made like 4 of them that came out usuable and the mold is falling apart already. Not sure if I'll remold it due to how tough it was to cast, so if you want one I suggest you grab it when it goes up because it may not be returning later.

Dark Horse

Ultimate Z-list celebrity
These all look really great. I'd crop the pics though. Make the heads as big as you can in the space permitted ;)

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the item actually is. A coat of black wash helps bring out photo details as well - that's how GW does it in their catalogues.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Cropping... washes... a Jedi craves not these things.

But yeah, I hear ya... my hope is to one day have a fully painted pic of each piece. But for now there's just too many photos for all that work and so little return, lol.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Want!

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I don't know if people are just lazy, or fucking dumb as rocks. I posted that auction for a grabbag lot of headcasts last night, and not 1... not 2... but 3 people have contacted me to ask how heads are in the grab bag.

Are you kidding??

Copy and pasted the FIRST LINE OF MY DESCRIPTION:

This auction is for one (1) lot of 25 pieces of various cast heads in the 3.75" / 1:18 scale.

I know I can be long-winded on my descriptions, but if you can't read the first line than you're either a fat lazy fuck or just plain fucking stupid.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I don't deal with eBay. I haven't bought/sold on eBay since 2006. No thank you, don't trust it.

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
I don't know if people are just lazy, or fucking dumb as rocks. I posted that auction for a grabbag lot of headcasts last night, and not 1... not 2... but 3 people have contacted me to ask how heads are in the grab bag.

Are you kidding??

Copy and pasted the FIRST LINE OF MY DESCRIPTION:

I know I can be long-winded on my descriptions, but if you can't read the first line than you're either a fat lazy fuck or just plain fucking stupid.

I can no longer buy from your ebay, as they closed my paypal because it was "suspected of being linked to another paypal account" and E-bay claimed I owe them $1600. When I called and told them that was impossible, and what information did they base that on so I can disprove it, I was told they can't share any of the information with me for "security reasons."

Now I know why people hate E-bay so much.

-CC

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Well that sucks. I have my eBay account set up to block any eBay members without a PayPal account because in my experience, 99% of the time when someone doesn't have a PayPal account I don't get paid. LMK if you want any of the casts that I have on my eCrater shop and you can send me a money order.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I don't deal with eBay. I haven't bought/sold on eBay since 2006. No thank you, don't trust it.

I don't sell on there, and I don't know if I ever will. As a buyer (which is where they should be focusing on NOT pissing folks off) I think they're a ripoff due to their policies and fees, and I know for a fact that it's even shittier for sellers. I can't imagine just how bad.

I keep waiting for an alternative to come along to dethrone them.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
FIRE SALE!!

My pressure pot crapped out on me today, so I'm having a fire sale - 25 pieces (randomly picked by me) for $30 SHIPPED in the USA. International buyers can contact me for shipping info. I need to make some quick cash to buy a new pressure pot and all the crap that I need to get this going again!!

The majority of my parts can be seen in this facebook group photo album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.245450605576631&type=1

Again, I'll be picking 25 pieces at random to send you. Of course, if you want to pick and choose, you can still do that at my eCrater store - and I'll give you a 25% refund back on your purchase if you mention that you saw this here.

Thanks!!