StarWarsGeek custom casts

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Is that one of those gun things he sent me? I'm waiting on some new mold rubber to arrive and then I'll be molding all of the guns again. The first molds I made fell apart way too quickly... I haven't even sent Jeff any of his own stuff yet. It would be so wrong of me to put it up in the store before he gets his own copies...

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Should have new rubber next week.

On another note, I want to just vent for a second...

Whatever happened to customer service? As a caster, I try to keep 99% of my products in hand, in stock, and ship orders within 24 hours. Sure, it doesn't always happen, and from time to time I need to contact someone and let them know their order is delayed a bit while I cast some new parts or make a new mold or whatever has to be done.

I have a friend that ordered from another fairly well known casting site in August and hasn't gotten his order yet. It may be taking a while because it was such a large order - 6 pcs.

Really? 2 months to make 6 pcs?

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Whatever happened to customer service? As a caster, I try to keep 99% of my products in hand, in stock, and ship orders within 24 hours. Sure, it doesn't always happen, and from time to time I need to contact someone and let them know their order is delayed a bit while I cast some new parts or make a new mold or whatever has to be done.

I have a friend that ordered from another fairly well known casting site in August and hasn't gotten his order yet. It may be taking a while because it was such a large order - 6 pcs.

Really? 2 months to make 6 pcs?

Just for everyone's information - this post was NOT made about JesseTofu.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, there's a caster well-known for his time delays, and my first thoughts didn't go to Jesse. But thanks for the clarification, some people may have read into that. :)

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Sorry Marcus... been without power for the past 8 days thanks to Hurricane Sandy... it's going to be another few days before I'm back to "normal" and get back to work. On Sunday night, right before all this shitstorm took place, I had a bunch of stuff getting ready to be molded on Monday... which never happened. Soon as I get back up and running I'll start with your stuff. Unless you want me to just send it back to you if you need it back, just let me know.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Things have been slow for me lately... swamped with school and commission work, then the blackout left us without power for over a week. I think I'm finally back to *normal* - if I can be considered normal, lol. AND now I'm having issues with my molds and casts. I'm not sure if it's too cold or too damp or what, but... well, shit's just not working like it should.

Anyway... I FINALLY got Obi-Shinobi's weapons all molded and I'm starting to cast those. Once I get a few good copies to send him, I'll be adding them to the store. I have some stuff that Dark Horse sent me molding right now, and my fingers are crossed that they come out OK. And I managed to get a few new 1:18 heads done as well, these will be in the store shortly. FWIW MH151's hat comes off but his head is... oddly shaped.

I've also started to dive into Marvel Legends scale items, but since this is 1:18 forum I won't bother with those. They are in my store if you want to check them out tho.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why not get factory ones?

or am I the only one with a shitload of lightsabers they don't use?

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Why not get factory ones?

or am I the only one with a shitload of lightsabers they don't use?

Need more color and hilt choices. I would also like to have some in the old colors. Back in the day the blue saber was really cyan and red was more of a red-orange. They had these colors in KotOR 2 which I thought was really cool. I can always paint the blades I guess. I was just wondering if anyone was casting some.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Then you need more than a caster, you need a fabricator.

Not really, I mean take X blue saber and a cast it in Y color. For instance, Cast Yoda's short saber in red, or Darth Maul's double saber in green. Maybe a mold with a bunch of sabers in it and cast sets in different colors? I don't know, I have never done it, so, I have no clue. I was just looking and couldn't find anyone that had done it, so I asked.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I think what he's saying is if you want NEW hilts, you need someone to make them before they can be replicated/cast. However... I do have a bunch of custom lightsabers from back a few years... again, on the looooooong to-do list. But these were not the Hasbro versions, they were custom sculpted.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I could make hilts, it's the clear blades I would need more of. I guess they don't really need to be clear though. Im still debating on that. I am very certain on wanting the old school colors. Cyan, red-orange and viridian. What would be really neat is to have the saber cast with LEDs in them. Again, I speak from no experience.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I don't know about casting LED's inside the hilts... they are pretty thin. Even the smallest LED lights I've seen would be too big to fit inside a lightsaber hilt. Besides I'm not sure how you would go about casting it with the LED in there. You would probably need to hollow it out to allow for the LED to snake through. See my first comment about how thin they are...

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Here's a fun project that I did along with a few other items... the first pic is of a Transformers' Shockwave kit for a 1:18 scale figure. The vest and arm cannon will be cast in a softer/flexible plastic and the head and fist hand will be cast in rigid plastic. Price is still up in the air and it will be in the store soon-ish. The other parts will also show up... eventually.

Last edited:

Dark Horse

Ultimate Z-list celebrity
Here's a fun project that I did along with a few other items... the first pic is of a Transformers' Shockwave kit for a 1:18 scale figure. The vest and arm cannon will be cast in a softer/flexible plastic and the head and fist hand will be cast in rigid plastic. Price is still up in the air and it will be in the store soon-ish. The other parts will also show up... eventually.

These look friggin' sweet. The guy who made them must be some kind of freakin' action figure genius! :thumbsup:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Anyway... I FINALLY got Obi-Shinobi's weapons all molded and I'm starting to cast those. Once I get a few good copies to send him, I'll be adding them to the store. I have some stuff that Dark Horse sent me molding right now, and my fingers are crossed that they come out OK. And I managed to get a few new 1:18 heads done as well, these will be in the store shortly. FWIW MH151's hat comes off but his head is... oddly shaped.

Can't wait!

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I decided to put this Shockwave kit in the store as a pre-order instead of an in-stock item. It'll be easier for me, and I can see how many people *really* want a kit instead of making a bunch and then getting stuck with them. So if you're one of the people that were interested, go check it out and place your order if you want to get a kit. I'll be filling the orders on a first come, first served basis.