Casting Sites: Links, Info + Alerts

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
If you direct people here Medd, things will not go well for you...might as well paint a target on your back...

hehe, I almost want to get banned, Just to use Google Translate as a proxy. They are not blocking all those IP's because they will block themselves from being visible in google searches. Just to see how smart those admins really are.

Oh and for you guys who want to go there and have your IP hidden from the admins for banning purposes. use this https://www.torproject.org/
for those who are already banned, use this or google translate proxy. http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

Last edited:

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
HaHaHa... so the idea was brought up on HT about having a thread/area where people could leave feedback - sort of like an Angie's List - for vendors and stores that were not necessarily dealing on HT. There was some good and interesting, and - surprisingly - adult and focused discussion without trolling or anything like that.

C.I.A.D. even chimed in with his thoughts, which were professionally presented and he even agreed with a lot of what was being said... and then all of a sudden Destro posted that there is a feedback section in the B/S/T area and that's it. Thread closed.

Wow.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
HaHaHa... so the idea was brought up on HT about having a thread/area where people could leave feedback - sort of like an Angie's List - for vendors and stores that were not necessarily dealing on HT. There was some good and interesting, and - surprisingly - adult and focused discussion without trolling or anything like that.

C.I.A.D. even chimed in with his thoughts, which were professionally presented and he even agreed with a lot of what was being said... and then all of a sudden Destro posted that there is a feedback section in the B/S/T area and that's it. Thread closed.

Wow.

yup, look here because of that thread.
http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=5073

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You mean... A thread exactly sorta like THIS one? :rolleyes:

You have to remember, our members generally behave themselves. Funny how when you take away the Gestapo, people police themselves for the most part so long as they're adults.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
It must be.... I mean, there's people bitching that 2 months have gone by and they haven't gotten their stuff. Yet, I constantly see people saying they have no problem waiting 7 months for Aly to ship items, which is his normal turn around time. WTF?

I was just going back through the pages making sure no one here has had any more issues w/ my products, and posted it here, and I saw this.

Is his average turn around really 7 months? He must be REALLY REALLY busy, or not care. I feel bad if I don't have people's orders out in less that 2-3 weeks, and I cast everything to order. That's why I just bought, and modded 2 more pressure pots so that I can double my out put, and hopefully cut my turn around time in half.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yep, 7 months is fast for him IMO. I just got an order last week that I placed last fall. Really 6-9 months for "in stock" items is normal. I've heard that if you order any of the full custom figures, you're looking at 2-3 years.

I'm to the point that I just won't order from him unless it's just something I can't live without, and that's pretty rare these days. I'd much rather order from you, SWG, or AF and get it in a week, i.e. before I completely forget what I was going to do with the parts ;)

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone recall the site that did all the skull casts? I want to say they were different clear plastics.

Rangingspoon, perhaps?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Angel Forge has a skull, but I want to see all the options. I need 4-5 for the current project.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Not that it's a surprise, but it's been 4 months since I've ordered from Broken Arrow with no word.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Let us when it's 4 yrs...then we might be surprised...until then, par for the course...

I'm sure I'll end up there eventually. Which will annoy me because I just finished a custom figure tonight which is missing a head coming from Broken Arrow.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
You should start your own thread here man...

Ditto.

You don't want to associate your shipping updates with this thread.

Hmm maybe I should start a thread on here, not sure why I haven't time I guess. I do have one less board to post updates on now that HT deleted my thread on there for some unknown reason.

Not sure why I wouldn't want my shipping updates associated in this thread after all it is the 411 thread, but yeah I know that it's also the custom sites complaint thread.

I'll start one later tonight if I get a chance. Now to go down stairs, and get back to work on orders. I'm about 75% of the way done making the parts for WE 7-20-13.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Hmm maybe I should start a thread on here, not sure why I haven't time I guess. I do have one less board to post updates on now that HT deleted my thread on there for some unknown reason.

They did the same shit to SWG and others. If you're not a sponsor or giving them the ol' kneel and bob, you're not worthy enough to have a thread for your store over there.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

Not sure why I wouldn't want my shipping updates associated in this thread after all it is the 411 thread, but yeah I know that it's also the custom sites complaint thread.

I'll start one later tonight if I get a chance. Now to go down stairs, and get back to work on orders. I'm about 75% of the way done making the parts for WE 7-20-13.

The thread started as a complaint thread because people were issuing complaints on another third party thread.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Hmm maybe I should start a thread on here, not sure why I haven't time I guess. I do have one less board to post updates on now that HT deleted my thread on there for some unknown reason...

Because you're not Broken Arrow toys whose delivery time is over a year...do business with them! :rolleyes:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Because you're not Broken Arrow toys whose delivery time is over a year...do business with them! :rolleyes:

Yeah but I had my thread on there for well over a year:wtf:

Ah well like I said they deleted my thread so I don't go there anymore. Just like another custom store's forum site that I helped get off the ground before I started molding, and casting. The forum owner started deleting my accounts, and such so I stopped going on there too. Not to name, names, but I'm sure most of you who know me, know who I'm talking about.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I know exactly who you mean. I made a comment in one thread about how I had a piece that someone was asking about and after I made the mold I thought it was too small. Not a mention of my store, not a word of here's where you can buy it, nothing. Simply stating that it was too small... he flipped and deleted my account and banned me from his forum. That guy is a few crayons short of a full box if you know what I mean...

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Oh yeah, he banned me because he said that HIS forum was not the place for ME to advertise my stuff. I asked him why that's ALL he does on EVERY forum that he has an account at, but never got a response. Go figure.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Yeah but I had my thread on there for well over a year:wtf:

Ah well like I said they deleted my thread so I don't go there anymore. Just like another custom store's forum site that I helped get off the ground before I started molding, and casting. The forum owner started deleting my accounts, and such so I stopped going on there too. Not to name, names, but I'm sure most of you who know me, know who I'm talking about.

I know exactly who you mean. I made a comment in one thread about how I had a piece that someone was asking about and after I made the mold I thought it was too small. Not a mention of my store, not a word of here's where you can buy it, nothing. Simply stating that it was too small... he flipped and deleted my account and banned me from his forum. That guy is a few crayons short of a full box if you know what I mean...
hmmm. no idea who you are talking about, but interested in trying to guess.
Is his screen name a gem? I would also like to buy a vowel.......