Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
This thread is for all things Vortious custom casts.

He has been a member of The fighting 118th since Feb of 2013. Do not let the limited on site time hold you back from ordering. Some very respected and trusted site members have ordered from him with great results. These feedbacks can be found sifting through this thread.

His main online store is here. vortiouscustomaccessories online store's categories

Check in from time to time to see all of Vortious's updates on shipping, products, and general discussion. Feel free to post anything you have made using his parts in here for us and Vortious to enjoy. Thank you!

His weekly specials are in the attached photo (updated specials photo on 1/29/15)

Attachments

• Vortious Specials.jpg
    Vortious Specials.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Hey bro, do you by chance have any other pics of your vampire hunter head (Blade) I am having a hard time seeing it on the site. Definitely interested in this if its Snipes, especially since his mouth is closed. Could finally make a Simon Phoenix custom!!!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey bro, do you by chance have any other pics of your vampire hunter head (Blade) I am having a hard time seeing it on the site. Definitely interested in this if its Snipes, especially since his mouth is closed. Could finally make a Simon Phoenix custom!!!

It's an Agent J head w/ resculpted front of his hair. Here's one all painted up:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Here's a couple of things I'm working on:

MU Cable upgrades:
ML:

MU:

I'm planning on redesigning his belt, and a set of straps going from belt to shoulder pads.

MU Agent Venom
Normal

Venomous

I have ALLOT of sculpting to do on this, but I think it's heading in the right direction.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That shoulder pad thing you made for MU Cable would work quite well on converting a MU Hercules into a Road Pig...do you have a Herc to test that pad on?...I'd love to see a pic of that...

SE 55

Rookie customizer
Aug 16, 2012
Tennessee
I second that Eddie! I have a Herc and some badass accessories that would look great with those pads!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
That shoulder pad thing you made for MU Cable would work quite well on converting a MU Hercules into a Road Pig...do you have a Herc to test that pad on?...I'd love to see a pic of that...

You mean like this?:

I have a Road Pig looking head that I was sent a while back, but it's probably way too small for the Herc body.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Guys the only thing is I need to replace the ammo on his shoulder it curled due to the shrinking process. Though once the shrink copy is done they might be positioned right. I just kind of jumped the gun, and made a mold while the right pad was still shrinking to see how it'd look.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Well let us know when it's available...

Wonder how the RP head looks on the Herc body...hmmm...I'll have to check that

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Vortious,

Would you ever cast Star Wars weapons?

I'm looking for multiples of the blaster that came with the Rebel Fleet Trooper:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TVC/Basic/VC52Fleet/TVC-1688.jpg

I'd buy multiples of Vintage Carded Bespin Luke and Vintage Carded Bespin Han's blaster, too.

Casted in black, obviously.

I've purposely stayed away from Star Wars stuff for the most parts since Lucas is well known for having his people scouring the net for people copying his stuff, but now that Disney has the license, and they haven't come after me about my Marvel stuff I might do a few SW items here, and there.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
All orders for WE 7-20-13 aside from those whom I've emailed regarding their orders shipped this morning.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Had a little problem w/ the Ant Man helmets one of my customers said that his got stuck on the head, and the antennas broke off when he was trying to get it off. So I took it down for now, and I spent the last 1/2 hour redesigning it. I hollowed it out a little more, and I replaced the antennas w/ the ends of tooth picks, and then used my Z-blade tip to put a little hole in the balls for the ends, and glued them on the tips, then of course glued those on the helmet. It still fits snug enough as to not wobble all over the place, but it comes off much easier.

If you got yours, and you're not having any problems with it great, but if you had this happen let me know, and I'll take care of replacing it w/ one of the new helmets.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
All orders through WE 8-3-13 aside from a couple who I emailed have been sent out.

Also I'll be closing my store down for a little while this evening. I'm not exactly sure how long, but it'll be at least a week or so.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Still working on the Cable set up. I have a mold of the modded regular shoulder pads w/ a better ammo belt:

Then I modded the old copy to be an added shoulder pad for the left side that has a sliding BFG:

I just need this BFG (which I just ordered from ebay for about $12 shipped) for his right hand to be able to mimic the version of Cable from Wolvie#85

I know it's not exact, but it's close enough.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I thought it was funny that people said that Cable was too big, but I always thought he was a little too small.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok I just reopened after adding 23 new items including 3 different "Satellite" kits, and even chairs that'll actually fit your figures better.

And for those who are just looking to upgrade their current Cable figure

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Those chairs are nice!! Great idea lengthening the base!!

That cable is making me want to start to collect Marvel again. I think your Herc one looks better, I cant imagine how badass he will be once painted up.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks guys. I wasn't planning on making the kit available for the official release figures, but I tried the shoulder pads over the old Cable figure just to see if they'd work, and figured that some people might just want to do that. Though I agree that the Herc buck definitely looks better as Cable than the official one does.

Just so you guys know I did get that F14 HUD, and the shoulder pads (by themselves since some had requested them for other characters) in the store too.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Have you tried the "S"man head on the Herc body yet?...if so, does it look okay or too small?

Well the "Bird Warrior's" unmasked head is from Wonderman, and I resculpted Wonderman's head to make the "S"man head so it should look great.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I'm getting ready to head out to the post office right now with all of the orders for WE 8-10, and 8-17. For those of you wondering why those 2 weeks haven't shipped yet here's a pic of the volume of orders for those 2 weeks:

Also I was wondering if you guys could do me a favor. If you're going to a convention, or you happen to know a few people around your area who customize could you print up a sheet or 2 of these, and hand them out?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
So as I was filling orders today, er well yesterday I was trying out some ideas, and though the red is a little too dark I think these look like they'd work well for replacement heads, and hands.

I'll be adding a head, and hand set, and just the head to my store probably Sunday night, because I have a bunch of molds in right now, and more planned for tomorrow night.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well 2 hours until the beginning of the last week before I shut down for the month of October. Don't forget after midnight Saturday the 28th I'll be closed until Sunday November 3rd. Now I'll still try to help out when I can, but for the most part the sales side of things will be closed for R&D work.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Two, and half days until I close for the month of October, and I just added a few new items.

Sarg

Western style trench coat

pulled back mask Pool Head

and a couple of other little items.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
All orders for WE9-7-13 shipped this morning except for those 3 that I have contacted due to orders in more recent weeks, and combining shipping. If you need your delivery confirmation # please email me w/ your postal code so I can look it up on the receipt for you.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I thought I posted this already, but i see it missing...

Anyway, that western trench, any good arm suggestions?

As of right now no, but I do have the left arm from the Hell boy figure, and the guy who sent me the parts showed me a custom movie style Doc Ock he made using 2 left arms, and it didn't look half bad. I'll try that out, but I'll probably end up copying Wrecker upper arms, and then resculpting the lower arms from a Wrecking Crew style body. Now if you mean Joe arms then I'd try the ones from the Arctic Destro, or the Snow Viper.