Votes: 1 6.3%
  • option 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Okay we have a few options here. We have 30 Entries including the alternates. That sets up a 32 person bracket. Here is the choices we can do:

1. 32 person bracket with 2 entries getting a first round "bye" that will be randomly selected.

2. 32 person bracket with 2 entries getting a first round "bye" that will be selected by a series of polls. Voters will get to chose multiple selections and the two highest voted entries will get the bye.

3. 32 person bracket with 2 current contestants submitting a alternate entry. This would be the most difficult as the same rules would apply and it would be a first come first serve basis.

You guys get to pick!

Poll will be open for 3 days.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I think the first option is probably best. It comes down to whose numbers are drawn, rather than anyone begging for votes from people to get a bye, or have to come up with a last minute alternate.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
a "bye" is like a "gimme"

Basically if option 1 or 2 is picked. 2 customs will get a freebie into the 2nd round.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012

I don't know if you're going all high tech in picking the entries, but I'd go old school, put the names on strips, and add two "bye" strips in a hat, pick them out and then put them in the bracket shown as you pick them.

You could even do it "live" and film a video of you picking the names and making the bracket so nobody thinks you're calling favors or anything like that... ;)

I don't see the need to drag it along even further and have a poll to choose this, a poll to choose that, etc.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I will be doing a drawing to select the matches. I have tickets that I purchased at the dollar tree that I use for all the Officer Giveaways. I will also be using these tickets.

If option 1 wins which is likely with the current voting. I will do a separate drawing to start with that won't include the alternate entries to figure out who is warded the "bye".

I have no entry and I'm running the event and giving away the prizes with the exception of Med's Dios so I have no reason to call in any favors or anything crazy like that.

As for the bracket. I have done a few searches online and probably will create one. First we need to figure out how to get to 32 entries :)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Okay, but why?

In sports. Teams usually "earn" the right to have a "bye".

here is a breakdown on why we need 2 "BYEs" or 2 more entries:

26 entries- 13 left = uneven

28 entries- 14 left- 7 left = uneven

30 entries- 15 left = uneven

32 entries- 16 left - 8 left - 4 left - 2 left = 1 winner

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
awww... but I wanted to see a video with a huge marker board and magnet names being placed up... with sound effects and dramatic pauses, lol.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
awww... but I wanted to see a video with a huge marker board and magnet names being placed up... with sound effects and dramatic pauses, lol.

LOL!

If this one continues to be a success maybe ESPN will sponsor another one and we can make it happen. It can be on ESPN 8 the OCHO :D

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Morelock posted a Deadpool custom during the posting time of this contest,
lets ask him to write a quick bio and there is one more. Who else did a custom in the timeframe that has not entered or only has 1 entry? No reason why they shouldn't have entered the custom in the first place if they posted it during the time frame.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
In sports. Teams usually "earn" the right to have a "bye".

here is a breakdown on why we need 2 "BYEs" or 2 more entries:

26 entries- 13 left = uneven

28 entries- 14 left- 7 left = uneven

30 entries- 15 left = uneven

32 entries- 16 left - 8 left - 4 left - 2 left = 1 winner

Ah...I got it now...:thumbsup:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Morelock posted a Deadpool custom during the posting time of this contest,
lets ask him to write a quick bio and there is one more. Who else did a custom in the timeframe that has not entered or only has 1 entry? No reason why they shouldn't have entered the custom in the first place if they posted it during the time frame.

If you're desperate for one more I could take some photos of my Ogre from the custom con. He could be a automatic loss, even. :)

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I only threw the ogre up as an option because SWG used his figure in the same con competition that it was in.

It's really just an idea to get another figure in. I don't actually expect it to compete, or I'd have entered it in the first place.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Rules stay the same. Voting is still planned to begin on 11/10 once the bracket is figured out.

If you guys want to have 2 more customs added. You would need to vote for option 3 in this thread. So far it looks like option 1 will be winning.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
well it's settled. 2 entries will get a "BYE".

I will be doing a "live" selection in the near future. Stay tuned.