Exclusive Slayer Design Studio C.A.M. Kit Poll on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Dave has put me in charge of a poll that SDS is doing on their facebook page. Slayer Design Studio will be making an exclusive C.A.M. Kit for those that "like" them on facebook! The C.A.M. kit will be determined by you, the fans!

Right now you can go and vote for anyone you want to see SDS make a C.A.M. kit for. Be it G.I. Joe, Marvel, Video Game , Star Wars, Movie character, etc..., you can suggest any character! At a to be determined time in the near future, Slayer will narrow the list down to the Top 10, at which point the C.A.M. Kit will be made of the one that gets the most votes.

So visit Slayer Design Studio's facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slayer-Design-Studios/135139163202321), "like" Slayer (this is where you hit the "like" button on their page), join the discussion and get your vote in!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Do you have to have facial book in order to vote?

thats my problem too...i refuse to join Scrapbook/Hook-upbook/Myboringlifebook/Identitytheftmebook

Yup. They're wanting to get more people involved through Facebook. I hate facebook myself and wouldn't be on it, if it weren't for free games that help pass my time at work, and now, being able to get an exclusive C.A.M. Kit from Slayer:D

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
thats my problem too...i refuse to join Scrapbook/Hook-upbook/Myboringlifebook/Identitytheftmebook

A little paranoid, are we?!

I 'liked' SDS and made a few suggestions. I like that they are taking input from fans, and not just a few people. FB will garner a lot of input, and it will probably expose a lot more people to SDS overall.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That sucks. I will not give in!! It's like watching ROC, I simply refuse. What are the kits? I'll vote on here.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Some of us are strong, Eddie. I actually went to a friend's crib one night to chill and they had that shit movie on. I told them to either turn it off or I'd leave. I'm that dedicated.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
myyy herooo...:)

yer better off not doing so nacho...i regret it...wish i could take it back

so my vote goes for a CAM kit for Jinx cast in red

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
true...though i'm more just sick of SE and SS as opposed to ninjas...i really feel that Jinx is an integral part of a "complete" 25th collection

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hmm, just saw the list. Are there more possible to add, or are the top 10 already in there? Because there aren't any of those that I'd wanna vote on besides Serpentor, and I'm not even that stoked about voting for him.

I agree with the guy who posted "Who the F is Hector Ramirez?"

Is that the cartoon-only reporter from like 2 or 3 episodes? How lame.

The problem with crowd-sourcing is the source: the crowd. Their suggestions are usually awful. :(

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Hmm, just saw the list. Are there more possible to add, or are the top 10 already in there? Because there aren't any of those that I'd wanna vote on besides Serpentor, and I'm not even that stoked about voting for him.

I agree with the guy who posted "Who the F is Hector Ramirez?"

Is that the cartoon-only reporter from like 2 or 3 episodes? How lame.

The problem with crowd-sourcing is the source: the crowd. Their suggestions are usually awful. :(

You can add someone to the list and please do! The ones listed right now were the ones leading up to this point. Just trying to trim the fat off the list that was originally going and listed the top ones requested so far.

Yeah, I have no desire for a Hector Ramirez figure, but people want the guy so that they can have a suit figure that they can buy multiples of... Sheesh

You and I are pretty much on the same page. Although, I would love a Serpentor figure with the actual scales sculpted on the torso, a proper head sculpt and the green things the OG fig had on his thighs.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Problem is, I can't think of any one figure besides Jinx or Serpentor that we're not getting, or not likely getting, in either the GIJCC subscription set (I'm holding out for Footloose and Cover-Girl) or in the 30th line...

Anyone else would be some half-hearted suggestion that wouldn't get enough votes. Normally I can think of other "must-have" Joes that are missing, but I just can't think of too many important ones besides those guys, that can't be made from existing parts and SDS kits. (Such as Zandar, Road Pig, etc.)

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I'd be suprised if nobody mentioned keel haul. I would have to assume the figures are in the 25th style? If it is than its a pass for me :(

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i wouldnt mind a Hector onestly...he'd be cool to display in front of the camera that came in one of the DVD sets

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'd be suprised if nobody mentioned keel haul. I would have to assume the figures are in the 25th style? If it is than its a pass for me :(

Have you joined the ARAH O-Ring Custom Club? Slayer is making all new original sculpts and the ones they've got so far look pretty wicked. An IG Sniper and a Cobra Blue-Shirt Sniper.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Have you joined the ARAH O-Ring Custom Club? Slayer is making all new original sculpts and the ones they've got so far look pretty wicked. An IG Sniper and a Cobra Blue-Shirt Sniper.

not yet, but I'm going to! I may just give him the cash personally when I go up to baltimore next week. The thing is though, like mandingo rex said, is popular choice isn't always the best. I personally think pythona is the worst figure EVAR! so of course that won:D May just see if I can get an extra of another figure instead(maybe both bonus figures). Do you think dave would be cool with that?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
not yet, but I'm going to! I may just give him the cash personally when I go up to baltimore next week. The thing is though, like mandingo rex said, is popular choice isn't always the best. I personally think pythona is the worst figure EVAR! so of course that won:D May just see if I can get an extra of another figure instead(maybe both bonus figures). Do you think dave would be cool with that?

Not a fan of Cobra-la?! Haha...

Dave's a cool guy, but I definitely don't want to speak for him. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to answer your question though if you PM him! :D

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

I just sent you a PM w/all of the ARAH O-Ring Club Subscription info. It looks like you should be able to buy multiples of each sculpt.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Okay, just thought of this one... an articulated Deep Six kit. It could use the head and glass dome from Hasbro's figure, but the rest basically needs to be articulated. Maybe even a better head?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

Yeah, but who wants to wait a year?

Haha, I was sort of thinking the same thing. I know SlayerDave and Aloysha work together on joint ventures, and Alyosha was one of my first custom sculpt purchases ever (and I've still bought from him since) and I absolutely love his quality of work, and color-matching of his casts (they're pretty much Hasbro quality, if not better) but with his recent feedback, it makes me a little leery.

Seeing that much new stuff though, maybe he's going to be going full-force?

I have no need of the kits assembled or painted, but I know with SDS that I'm getting the kit within a 2-month window, if not a lot sooner. I may get one of these kits from BrokenArrow if his feedback improves in the near future, as they're impressive.

I really like that head on Road Pig, maybe better than Krexx's, but it's way too big.

And Aly's kit is a sort of kitbash /mod of the Hasbro one. I'd like to see a newly-sculpted one that doesn't reuse the Iron Man torso and arms, but that may be asking way too much.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wanna order from SDS so bad, i just can't do it, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mainly it's the wait. 10 weeks is just way too long for me.

The inability to get a complete figure, or at least the appropriate head/torso combo is an annoyance, too, but it's definitely the time frames that are deal-killers.

Yes, I'm still bitching about Heartwrencher.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Haha, I was sort of thinking the same thing. I know SlayerDave and Aloysha work together on joint ventures, and Alyosha was one of my first custom sculpt purchases ever (and I've still bought from him since) and I absolutely love his quality of work, and color-matching of his casts (they're pretty much Hasbro quality, if not better) but with his recent feedback, it makes me a little leery.

Seeing that much new stuff though, maybe he's going to be going full-force?

I have no need of the kits assembled or painted, but I know with SDS that I'm getting the kit within a 2-month window, if not a lot sooner. I may get one of these kits from BrokenArrow if his feedback improves in the near future, as they're impressive.

I really like that head on Road Pig, maybe better than Krexx's, but it's way too big.

And Aly's kit is a sort of kitbash /mod of the Hasbro one. I'd like to see a newly-sculpted one that doesn't reuse the Iron Man torso and arms, but that may be asking way too much.

I posted the link to Aly's Deep Six b/c SDS, BAT, OPP, Ragin' Spoon, etc... try not to step on each others' toes. I would like to see SDS' take on Deep Six too. :D

Yeah, Ragin' Spoon's Road Pig uses the X-men Origins Wolverine Colossus head sculpt. I think it's way off scale for most 1:18 figures though. I got the idea to use Marvel Universe's Colossus head sculpt for my first Road Pig custom after seeing someone use the XMO Wolverine Colossus for their RP.

I know Aly had finally gotten someone to help with casting and filling orders, but the guy fell off of a roof and broke his leg(s), IIRC. According to Aly, the guy should be back and helping him in about a month or so.

I can't speak for other people, but Aly has gotten my last few orders out rather quickly. I'm talking about less than a month. Now, I'm still waiting on some action figure kits that I ordered last year, but I know those take longer. I do have to say though, that the quality of his action figure kits is top-notch. I've gotten the Falcon and Roddy Piper kits in so far and am thoroughly impressed.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I know they try to not step on each other's toes. But they also do their own takes on things, like the Road Pig kits, etc. :)

Honestly, I'd probably just hybrid-ize my own spare Deep Six with the Iron Man I bought for that exact purpose, but Aly's is really clean.

Now a modular "Snake Armor" type kit that'd go on top of a regular figure... thaaat'd be impressive! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.