HUMVEE Wish list

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I made a tow bar and a APU (auxiliary power unit) that mounted in the rear bustle.

The APU was correct for the model of Abrams that were produced in 1/18 scale. The unit also aids in eliminating that God awful sag that the current Abrams have in their bustle.

The Humvee is kind of on hold right now.

My regular work has come back and I have been busy doing that. The time I do have is being spent on finishing back orders.

Then back onto the Horten THEN the Humvee upgrade.

ReallyMe

Enlisted
Nov 4, 2012
I finally found this thread again. I have 2 PTE/WP humvees that I'd love to mount these turrets on. I'll be waiting for when the back-orders are cleared!

Darkwind01

Enlisted
Nov 19, 2012
To my knowledge they only used 3 types of weapons with the turret.

grenade launcher
m2-.50 cal
m-60

Although they still had the mount for the tow.

I have not supplied any of these weapons with my kits.I have offered but nobody ever responded on this board or Small Scale so I did not include them with the kit.

I've got a few of these weapons but no mount/turrets, so yeah go for it as long as its not too expensive. . .

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Sorry but I can not give a definite start date on the new turret.

My Tiger II project is all consuming. My real job is back to where it used to be .

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So the toy making has got to take a second seat.

When I do finish the Tiger project the new turret will be the first in line.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
it does seem like a lot of guys are starting to make more HUMVEE turrets .

Well things in my life are changing.

As of a week ago I am officially semi retired.

I own a granite countertop company and I am now getting a new up and coming company to handle my fabrication and installation.

What doe this mean ? This means I am going to have a lot more time on my hands and one of my first projects will be the up armored turret . Along with other goodies to go with it.

In 2-3 weeks I will be done with my Jagdtiger project .

I will then start on this project .

As with all of my projects I try to make them as true to scale as I can. I usually will acquire a 1/35 scale model and scale up to 1/18th scale.

I also give anyone the opportunity to acquire any of the subject models for me and in trade, I return the favor by making the subject in 1/18th scale.

A even trade.

So I will offer this to anybody who is interested.

Some of you newer guys may not know me.

Here are my credentials.

Small Scale Military Headquarters - View topic - Pickehaubes' Big Stuff 42 Mods And Counting !!

Check this out . This would look really cool on the front of a HUMVEE .

Any interest in this ?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, it's the SPARK. Photo two shows a Rhino detection system, which can be used with the SPARK.

Last edited:

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
In a way I have started on the new turret . After looking at pics of the newer turret it looks to be a little bigger than ole reliable ( old reliable was scaled off of a photo etched brass set ).

So I ordered the newest model of the HUMVEE from China and it is complete with the newer turret and has the up armored body.

So hopefully in a week or so I will have it in hand .

Also the 21st HUMVEE looks to be the most scale looking HUMVEE on the market except for the front grill.

I have not seen that grill on a HUMVEE , maybe one of the earlier ones ?

Anyway I have started on making a new grill that will hopefully just mount to the old one and cover up the incorrect one.

So in effect I have started my front to back mod kits for the HUMVEE !!!

Too bad there is no interest in the HUMVEE mine roller .

Just like when I wanted to make the mine roller for the Abrams , at the time no interest in that also.

I kicked around the idea of making a ambulance cover for the HUMVEE .

There seemed to be a lot of interest in that .

Is there still ?

Old reliable

[/QUOTE]

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
For the ambulance.. maybe? If it's simple enough/cheap enough.

I think if you made it for the soft-top 21st HMMWV it'd be pretty simple.

to

Maybe remove the back door and snap the new kit on top?

I don't see any use/need for a mine roller right now. It's NEAT, but not something I need or want to display. The Abrams kit looked cooler though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, I was actually all for the Abrams mine sweeper...it just looked cool and aggressive...I'd also like to see how an ambulance kit turned out since I do have the soft top version NSA mentioned...

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
In 2 weeks or so I will be back online and my original turrets will be available.

I still do not know if my original turret is the right shape for the up armored version with glass . When my 1/35 model arrives I will be able to determine that.

If it is the same size it will be just a matter of cutting out the panels and inserting glass panes.

I have pics of my original front shield with a wedge cut into it with a ballistic glass panel . It looks pretty cool, It looked to be a stopgap measure until the " L " shaped glass panel shield became available.

[/URL

[URL=http://s202.photobucket.com/user/pickelhauben/media/100_1730.jpg.html]

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
How bout the anti RPG system they showed off on future weapons or the aaa humvee

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Well Guys,

I got the model in from China and this weekend I will check and see if " old reliable " will be a good platform to start with or not.

I am also working on making ballistic glass ( or imitation ballistic plastic )

In pics most of the upgraded HUMVEES have a distinctive green tint to them.

I am trying to replicate this.

There are 2 paths that I can go on this .

1. Tinted glass/ plastic pre cut to pop in the frames about $10 extra per kit .

2. Parts needed to make the tinted glass un cut. Modelers will need to cut the glass panels to fit in frames. Free supplied in kit.

I am also working on a system to retro fit any stock HUMVEE windows to give them that " green " tint.

Feedback welcomed .

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Well Guys,

I got the model in from China and this weekend I will check and see if " old reliable " will be a good platform to start with or not.

I am also working on making ballistic glass ( or imitation ballistic plastic )

In pics most of the upgraded HUMVEES have a distinctive green tint to them.

I am trying to replicate this.

There are 2 paths that I can go on this .

1. Tinted glass/ plastic pre cut to pop in the frames about $10 extra per kit .

2. Parts needed to make the tinted glass un cut. Modelers will need to cut the glass panels to fit in frames. Free supplied in kit.

I am also working on a system to retro fit any stock HUMVEE windows to give them that " green " tint.

Feedback welcomed .

Danny c

This definitely could be done.

If 9 other guys are interested in it.

10 is my minimum on a project for it to be worth while.

Unless you are willing to pay for " one of "

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Alright here is the mockup / proof of concept of the tinted glass I have been working on.

This came out pretty easy. Still having camera problem so phone pics will have to do for now.

I intend to use this tinted glass in my up armored turrets.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That tinted glass definitely looks cool...I guess my interest in it would depend on how much additional cost it adds...I mean, if it's just a green tint, I can likely put one coat of clear green over the inside stock "glass" and get the same effect...