Club Sub 3.0 (GIJCC FSS)

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Spoilers:

I love the card art for Vypra. The figure looks better in person, I haven't liked what I've seen in pictures of it. I still wish they had done the black and white spray aps on it though.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I was bored and just tooling around to see if a mild edit could yield a better Troopette.

Just a torso swap (Renegades Scarlett) with the added Cobra Trooper helmet on the Club's existing build of: Jinx head, Jinx arms and Renegades Scarlett legs. Added the 50th Lady Jaye webgear in black, and kneepads would need to be glued on (not completely necessary, but they help to add to the look of matching the male Cobra Trooper uniform). To me, that's a much cooler looking figure, whether it's Vypra or just a named female Cobra trooper.

You could technically just do a straight-up Renegades Scarlett repaint in blue/black with the Jinx head/helmet, but I actually do like the longer arm gloves and puffier shoulders of the Jinx mold. It makes it look more feminine, for some reason.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That would've been a much cooler figure than that stupid Vypra.

Yeah, Vypra was ALWAYS a stupid design. The idea I guess I don't mind as much, it's just the execution was atrocious. The figure looks 100x better without that hideous "camo" tie-dyed nonsense. Plain? Sure, but it looks better!

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I was bored and just tooling around to see if a mild edit could yield a better Troopette.

Just a torso swap (Renegades Scarlett) with the added Cobra Trooper helmet on the Club's existing build of: Jinx head, Jinx arms and Renegades Scarlett legs. Added the 50th Lady Jaye webgear in black, and kneepads would need to be glued on (not completely necessary, but they help to add to the look of matching the male Cobra Trooper uniform). To me, that's a much cooler looking figure, whether it's Vypra or just a named female Cobra trooper.

You could technically just do a straight-up Renegades Scarlett repaint in blue/black with the Jinx head/helmet, but I actually do like the longer arm gloves and puffier shoulders of the Jinx mold. It makes it look more feminine, for some reason.

That would be a great figure, assuming the harness fits the Scarlett body properly.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Yeah, Vypra was ALWAYS a stupid design. The idea I guess I don't mind as much, it's just the execution was atrocious. The figure looks 100x better without that hideous "camo" tie-dyed nonsense. Plain? Sure, but it looks better!
HERESY!!!! :shakefist:

One of the club created things I wouldn't mind would be some modern Nightstalkers.
http://www.yojoe.com/action/07/cobratrooper7a.shtml
Of course they would have to create new heads & torsos again.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Lose those ridiculous Scarlett thighs and I believe you have something.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Lose those ridiculous Scarlett thighs and I believe you have something.

Ideally you'd just use Lady Jaye legs (the ones reused on ROC lady Dialtone) but I was just using the same build as the Club Vypra, swapping out the torso and adding the helmet and webgear.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Roc Dialtone just used Cover Girl's legs. Cover Girl's thighs with Renegades Scarlett's lowers gives you a nice military appearance and a believable height.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis

:thumbsup:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Roc Dialtone just used Cover Girl's legs. Cover Girl's thighs with Renegades Scarlett's lowers gives you a nice military appearance and a believable height.

I thought they shared the same thighs, forgot about the lowers being the higher boots on CG.

These were the ones I was thinking of with the matching lowers. But just using the same thighs, in theory, should work too.

Lady Jaye (v8) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com

That right there would never peg warm on shelves here. I would buy every single one I saw. That is the shit! If you tweak it more and make it even better, you are going to depress me more knowing they would never make it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I thought they shared the same thighs, forgot about the lowers being the higher boots on CG.

These were the ones I was thinking of with the matching lowers. But just using the same thighs, in theory, should work too.

Lady Jaye (v8) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

AH, I see. Wish I had that LJ, I'd like to test those thighs with the Scarlett lowers.

That right there would never peg warm on shelves here. I would buy every single one I saw. That is the shit! If you tweak it more and make it even better, you are going to depress me more knowing they would never make it.

Besides the thighs, all it really needs is Hasbro to modify the LBE with some mag pouches and a canteen.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
AH, I see. Wish I had that LJ, I'd like to test those thighs with the Scarlett lowers.

Besides the thighs, all it really needs is Hasbro to modify the LBE with some mag pouches and a canteen.

I think they're the same upper legs as ROC CG or DT (don't quote me but I think so) if you have those uppers? I can try later to see how they'd fit. There's also the same arms as on ROC Scarlett that could work for short-gloved female trooper arms. I just sort of liked the longer gloves and slightly baggy upper arms from Jinx.

I know a lot of folks like the open-shirt torsos that show cleavage, but that doesn't work on a lady blueshirt. Tele-Viper, sure. Go right ahead. :wave:

Plus, that Renegades Scarlett vest actually looks functional.

If you meant the 50th LJ webgear, it has a canteen on the left hip.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I looked that LJ up and compared it with the CG thighs I have on-hand and you are correct, they are the same. As for the 50th LJ webbing, that's just a pouch of some stripe. Her backpack could almost pass as a CamelBak, though.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Thank guys. I went in search of my 50th LJs to put this build to together and realized I hadn't bought any 50th LJs yet.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
The webgear was why I was looking for the figure. I wanted to see if the webgear fit the Ren Scarlett body. I can't find my NF LJ either, which uses the same webgear.

I sent the link; because, it has pictures of a cast vest on a Ret. LJ.

Here's pics of the actual vest.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The LJ webgear looks to be a good fit. The head and helmet fit as well, pictured below. Unfortunately the hips are very loose. It would work as a custom because they can be modified. But it would not work as a production figure.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I think that ROC Scarlett or the Jinx arms would look a little better, but thanks for posting the leg combo. I'm sure KT will be happy.

If Hasbro really wanted to go that route, I'm sure they could mod the leg mold, especially if they went with combining both leg halves into one mold set? (Assuming that's how they run the molds?)

They'd also be wise to shave off the airborne sigil on the belt buckle of the LJ webgear, but it's not 100% necessary. A Cobra emblem would seal the deal though!

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The arms will definitely be getting swapped out as soon as I chop up a Ret Jinx.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I searched high and low for my NF LJ for the harness. It was like starting over collecting while discovering all the goodies I forgot I owned. Like the fact I somehow ended up with 2 pink Zaranas. But I could not find the LJ.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I searched high and low for my NF LJ for the harness. It was like starting over collecting while discovering all the goodies I forgot I owned. Like the fact I somehow ended up with 2 pink Zaranas. But I could not find the LJ.

Looks good! I guess you could always just get the Raginspoon cast for the webgear in the meantime? That sucks you can't find that damn NF Lady Jaye.

I only got one, and paid out the ass for her, and the numbnuts at the Club ruined it by getting the damned things scribbled on by the voice-actor. (I hate signed figure cards, btw.) So mine stayed carded for the price I had to shell out to get her.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
My NF LJ was given to me by Gyre-Viper :(. I just have too much stuff. I was using the head and hands to cast which why it got separated out form where it should be. I just ordered a bunch of 50th LJ's so I'll have a harness later on. I just wanted one for now to really get a feel for the look. Apart from the loose hips, it is a great build. I never would have thought that the Ren Scarlett torso would blend in well. It at least proves that Hasbro or the Club could build an accurate fem Trooper with all existing tooling.

I really like that leg combination too. I'm using it for a OG Daina build I just threw together.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'd love an all-female troop-builder set. They could make almost all of them with existing parts, or with as little as a webgear or new head here and there.

Here's my custom Tele-Vipress I made years ago from a SDS kit and an ROC Covergirl.

I'd love for at least a Blueshirt, Tele-Vipress, CG, and Viperette. Maybe even an Eel or Strato-Viper, too?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'd love an all-female troop-builder set. They could make almost all of them with existing parts, or with as little as a webgear or new head here and there.

I'd love for at least a Blueshirt, Tele-Vipress, CG, and Viperette. Maybe even an Eel or Strato-Viper, too?

heck yes! But we all know female figures don't sell. :rolleyes: :whatever: