Club Sub 3.0 (GIJCC FSS)

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I just ordered a bunch of 50th LJ's

...And USPS dropped the ball. They were "out for delivery" yesterday as scheduled. And instead I get an "undeliverable as addressed". I really hate the Post Office.

Relating to the FSS. It looks like the next shipment has gone out. Labels were printed earlier in the week. Hopefully have them by early next week.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Never fails, that USPS. I was gonna grab a $4 LJ from TrU the other day, but I waited too long. All they had left were Fireflies.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Never fails, that USPS. I was gonna grab a $4 LJ from TrU the other day, but I waited too long. All they had left were Fireflies.

I haven't even looked at my local TRUs in months. Never worth my time.

And Falcone, not sure if they're actually shipping yet. I am always one of the first ones to get my shipping notification from FedEx's Delivery Manager (although I usually get mine the following Wednesday after the Friday that I receive my notice) and I never got mine. So I think it may take them a few more days. They only said they were printing the shipping labels, which by Club Time should take them a half century or so.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I haven't even looked at my local TRUs in months. Never worth my time.

And Falcone, not sure if they're actually shipping yet. I am always one of the first ones to get my shipping notification from FedEx's Delivery Manager (although I usually get mine the following Wednesday after the Friday that I receive my notice) and I never got mine. So I think it may take them a few more days. They only said they were printing the shipping labels, which by Club Time should take them a half century or so.

Missing out, man, 50th 2-packs and Retaliation singles marked down and PoC figures reappeared. Probably well picked over at this point.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Missing out, man, 50th 2-packs and Retaliation singles marked down and PoC figures reappeared. Probably well picked over at this point.

Eh, there are a LOT of nerds in the SF Bay area (And I mean a lot... Silicon Valley?) and everything is ALWAYS picked over fast. Plus I've had other shit to deal with lately. But I've got a decent stockpile of 50th shit as it is. I wound up with about 12 Beachheads through a trade, and I got multiples of anything worth having...

POC? Maaybe worth it but if I missed out, there's nothing I need at the moment. I tried sorting my fodder last night a little and just gave up because I've got so much shit I'll never use, and have no idea what I'll do with. :grumpy:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ha!

I'm hoping I run into another DG Officer so I can start working on my NVTDS.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That image won't show up for people not logged into HT, I don't think. And considering that over half our membership are ex/banned-members... ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Alpine looks like he's gonna go get the "D" after the mission is over, and holy awkward pistol draw, Batman!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Both of those figures look great. Not sure why I like the Alpine so much as I have absolutely zero nostalgic connection to him. Maybe he'll be cheap'ish on scalperBay. And I'm guessing H&R will be going for a small mint.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I think Hit N Run's card art is terrible, the worst yet IMO. I am very disappointed.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The more I see him, the more pissed I get that that parts combo wasn't in stores. The chest doesn't make any sense, but whatever.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I wouldn't have any problem buying these in stores for $7 each, but not at Club prices.

The hell is with the white outline around HnR's gun? Haha that card art is terrible.

And why is Alpine brandishing a gun he doesn't appear to come with?

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
That is some beast manscaping on the 5 o'clock shadow. wonder how long it takes him to pluck that pattern out?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And yeah I'd be down for generic soldier figures in a heartbeat. They did the Dollargeneral or whatever figures, why couldn't they do a line for Target like BBI did?

Target probably doesn't want them.

Man, that beard is wack as hell.

G.I. Zmo

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2011
Today i got my HnR and Alpine.
The latter a little bit gayish, the paintjob on his socks is meh and i think, his legs are too massive for his upper body and Hit & Run is having the well known "issues", but i like them both.
Am i the only one, who sees some similarity between Hit & Run's headsculpt and Colm Meaney's face? But easier to recognize this on the Night Force HnR.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Bombstrike is the ibly figure I would want out of this series andyheres no way in hell I will pay that much for her...not with Falcone's chick figs coming.

BTW I sent the kickstarter to IamElemental on facebook...they replied back that it is realky cool and wish you good luck.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Glad I opted out of the Bombstrike figure. Will wait for a head cast and Falcone's goodness.

Eagerly awaiting the Biggest of Bens and a pair of Crimson Guard Immortals.

I got Hit n'Run gave his skin a green wash which helps subdue his dotmatrix printer stubble. Thinking about swapping out his webgear and taking the chest pockets off allowing for something like the Retaliation Beachead Webbing and sorting out a belt and straps for the legs. As well as swapping out his thigh gear for a right hand holster and the double pouches on the left.

I'll probably track down some other figures when I can afford.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Wow I really hope that Bombstrike noggin is a better sculpt than it is painted to be. The 3D render looked pretty good but the production one is just really really sad.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
The knees on Bombstrike are the only thing that's kinda disappointing, that lack of came is really noticeable. Is that the head from her O-ring fig? It holds up well.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Glue the gray knee pads on from the Dollar General black Trooper. Since Bombstrike is supposed to be wearing knee pads anyway. I find it rather funny that Hasbro and the Club love adding knee pads to figures who's vintage counterparts didn't have them. And then the one time it makes sense to they don't.

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
That is some beast manscaping on the 5 o'clock shadow. wonder how long it takes him to pluck that pattern out?

I served with an intelligence officer on my last deployment who said that he plucked out all of his facial hair while in college. I asked him why. He said he was bored. Perhaps he should have considered neat, orderly rows of stubble instead.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
In hi-res pics of the McFarlane TWD figures you can see some of the tampo applications have that odd "digital" appearance.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The last month is shipping. Got my notification yesterday.

Alyosha already posted at HT who lucky #13 is.

Folks that didn't get an FSS set to open are going to be pissed if they wanted...

Frostbite!