Club Sub 3.0 (GIJCC FSS)

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I think they rely on the fact that you just spent five minutes filling out everything and you're not going to drop it at that point over four dollars. I'm not a huge critic of the club but this is so ridiculous.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
And everyone leans over, touches their toes and opens their as.....wallet I mean.

Ehh, same difference :D

I think they rely on the fact that you just spent five minutes filling out everything and you're not going to drop it at that point over four dollars. I'm not a huge critic of the club but this is so ridiculous.

If the club was a person :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That head sculpt is lazy and it is trash.

I think I have to agree. Looks like a cast fogger sent me. Hasbro pulled off a mesh sculpt over 20 years ago, there's no excuse for that large a pattern.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I think I have to agree. Looks like a cast fogger sent me. Hasbro pulled off a mesh sculpt over 20 years ago, there's no excuse for that large a pattern.

Hell, they didn't even really need to do a new head for him, the mask that came with the Temple Guard Snake Eyes and the red ninja from one of the Retaliation 3 packs would've worked just fine.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I tend to agree there, too, but I assume they were trying to head off at least a little bitching about what they're doing. :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think that mask works fine, but it makes his face a tad bulky. So I can see why they did the new head sculpt for him.

What's weird to me on that Slice head, is that the mesh should be reversed, no? It should be raised, and not sculpted inwards?

G.I. Zmo

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2011
What's weird to me on that Slice head, is that the mesh should be reversed, no? It should be raised, and not sculpted inwards?
That's what i'm talking about. This way it looks more like fry cutter in action or as though somebody is squeezing Play-Doh through that mesh. :)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Um, I may be crazy but weren't these goddamn things supposed to start arriving by like, October? 2 shipments by early February are NOT "catching up to the delays".

Happy New Year!

Yesterday we unloaded the container for the FSS 3.0 figures. We are working on getting out the first wave to you this week. You should receive the first wave by Jan 23rd. The second wave will go out the last week of the month. This will get us caught up from all of the shipping and port delays.

For those of you on the subscription billing, we have set the two billing dates: February 2nd and March 16th. Please make sure your CC is good standing before those dates. You can change your information in the system so you don't miss out! If you are planning on moving before the end of May, you can update your shipping information at the same link above.

Thanks for your support and we hope you enjoy your new figures!

Brian

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well I'd at least want one Psyche Out, so I'll call that a win. :D Then that'd leave me to get the others from aftersellers, and I'm sure that'd be cheaper than the silly club/scalper etailer prices.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Bombstrike is the only one that I am even remotely interested in...so I'll wait for someone to get the head and cast it.

EDIT - And Alpine's noggin as well.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's terribly unfortunate that Hasbro just went and let the momentum die. The brand seemed like it was doing reasonably well and then nothing but overpriced club stuff. Such a shame. I can't even begin to imagine how many customers they lost due to lack of product creating a lack of interest.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Got mine in 2 days ago. Was so underwhelmed with the delays that I just now got around to opening them, and I have to say that they're definitely better than any single shipment I got from FSS2, but the QC on the packaging/packing is still shit.

Surprise surprise... :rolleyes:

Two from one set had wrinkling/creases down the middle of the card because they were crammed in the box as usual, and the other set is probably passable enough to not bother with returns this time. Considering I have to buy 2 sets for my needs anyway (I keep a set carded and open the majority of my second "opener" set), I am generally able to keep the better one as my carded and the other as my opener, but the creased cards really suck.

And they're STILL overheating the damn bubbles! They shouldn't have that rippling like they do, so it's still not a 100% improvement over FSS2's dreadful quality control.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Yeah I'm no expert but the bubble thing doesn't seem like it should be hard to get right.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Went and looked at pics and Slice is pretty pimp. They did a good job on the stars. Almost wish the cocksucker was at retail.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
FSS 3 is a vast improvement overall. Cards still have some wonkiness that they shouldn't (fucking melty bubble edges!) and they still can't seem to teach Chinese children to stuff the cards in the mailers without fucking them up, but the figures thus far have been all great.

Now, I'm no fan of Psyche-Out, and I prefer his NF colors to the hideous vintage v1 deco, but even then he still looks good. I don't think the Club has ever made me happy with the first 4 character selections in either of the FSS prior to this. Of course, I've loved the lineup (for the most part) of this FSS from the start, despite the repaints. Because they're repaints folks actually wanted and they aren't some lame foreign one-off turd of a repaint.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I may actually buy a few of these...Repeater and Slice look cool so far. I will add a wash to repeater likely...if I can find him cheap enough.

Might have a Slice deal done - now do I look for a Dice? ...he is a bit spendy on eBay...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Month 3 is now arriving. I just got my FedEx notification yesterday, so I should have mine mid-next week?

It's Vypra (blue Jinx repaint) and Spearhead.

And I'm actually happy to have both of them, as Vypra's gonna get some webgear and a helmet and become a lady blueshirt, and Spearhead completes the Day Force deco from this FSS (minus Charbroil, who I don't give a shit about anyway). From here on out, it's all new characters, if I'm not mistaken.