Playsets and Display Environments

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I cut a temporary piece of paper to cover it and zoomed out a bit and added some artifacts.

Here is a Playskool firehouse I found at Goodwill

and with the fire escape half opened up

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wonder how that would stack up with the Real Ghostbusters firehouse.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like a vintage eraser or charm. Likely a knock-off.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
My daughter got this at a yard sale a few months ago. It has some nice details and fits perfectly with 1:18th figures.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
The big Schleich Castle was either marked wrong on Walmart.com or on super clearance but it was listed for $10. It's sold out now but I was able to get an order in. I figured if the listing was for the cat stuff I'd just return it but when I got the actual castle I was pretty stoked. I can't open them just yet because one is for my daughter's birthday in late April and we are moving in a couple weeks.

The castle is quite configurable and multiple ones go great together. Here is a picture (not mine) of most of 3 sets put together.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1456319632239.jpg
    FB_IMG_1456319632239.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 61

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Found this yesterday & downloaded the files to print out the UNIT base to convert it to Wayne Manor for 4" figures.

The Three Doctors

There are a few other sets mostly scaled for 5" figures, but since Dr Who came out with smaller figures they resized them to 1:18th scale

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The big Schleich Castle was either marked wrong on Walmart.com or on super clearance but it was listed for $10. It's sold out now but I was able to get an order in. I figured if the listing was for the cat stuff I'd just return it but when I got the actual castle I was pretty stoked. I can't open them just yet because one is for my daughter's birthday in late April and we are moving in a couple weeks.

The castle is quite configurable and multiple ones go great together. Here is a picture (not mine) of most of 3 sets put together.

I would have Blood & Sanded the fuck out of that if I'd seen it before I got the animal nursery. Schelich is ~1:20, and an open-air castle setting it's not as noticeable as it is in an enclosed building..

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I placed and order at my wife behest. I'm surprised she went for it as it's HUGE and we have little to no space for something of it's size. It'll make for some nice pics for me though.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I've got a pair coming along with the Griffin Knight I've been eyeballing for a good while, all for $60&change! Now all I need is for BFS to get the Fantasy HACKS out the door...

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Great playsets for a stupid-great price and a chance to gloat about fucking WalMart over with their own incompetence?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I checked my order to see where it stood. It's been shipped. I checked the UPS tracking number. Item weight. 19.07lbs.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Hmm... the Griffin Rider set has a tracking number but the castles don't yet. They told me from the get-go they'd come in separate shipments so I'm not too worried just yet. I see the Griffin set is coming out of Ft Worth so I should get it the next day or so here outside Houston once WM actually gets it out the warehouse door.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I ordered 3 items and have them coming in three shipments, lol. The Griffin Rider's coming from Ft Worth to here outside Houston to arrive Monday, and I got the notice that one of my castles is coming from Plainfield, IN to get here by next Weds. No word yet on the second castle.

Maybe if you paid a decent wage their employees wouldn't fuck them over by putting stuff on 95% sale and comping three separate shipping fees, you greedy Walton parasite dickbags.