Legends of the West Kickstarter

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Hell yeah. Got admit, aside from the Alyosha bit, I'm shocked about how excited I am for a western line.
Same here. Like I mentioned... always wanted to make Clint, just because. Shit... grew up watching all those movies, and will still watch them today if they're on.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I enjoy westerns, and I loved the hell out of Red Dead Redemption, but the thought of a 1:18 western figure line just never occurred to me.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Toy r us had some western toy building & stagecoach that would go well with this.

cough
horses horses good horses horses push me over the edge horses my little pegasus horses horses
Cough

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, Chap Mei repaints. This talk of stagecoaches being a major end goal for the Kickstarter has me confused, as they say no horses in wave 1. Carts before horses and all that.

I'd sure like to see what they have in mind for females. Squaws, whores in various states of undress, and dyked-out, Deadwood-inspired Calamity Jane clones I can see pretty easily, but I want a properly dressed lady figure, and I can't wrap my head around how you do that with any articulation of any real value below the waist. I suppose I'm putting the cart before the horse this time.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Rockstar needs to get on the follow up. Screw that GTA Online crap.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I want them to ASAP, but kinda don't. Not only will i have to fork over $60 for the game, I'll also need to get a $300-$400 PS4. :grumpy:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Per Alyosha:
As promised, now that I have had some sleep, here is a list of items that we are talking about for series 2 of the line provided the KS does well enough to get us through series 1 and have some capital left over:
Soiled Dove
Prairie Wife
School Marm/Shopkeeper's Widow
Calvary Officer
Calvary Trooper
Calvary Soldier (Buffalo Soldier)
Gambler
Shootist
Blacksmith
Fireman
Native Tribal Scout
Native Tribal Brave
Native Tribal Chief
Articulated Horse X4 different colorations
Cannon w/ Trooper (Smalljoes.com exclusive)
Gatling Gun w/ Soldier (website exclusive)

All of these things are subject to change, but as you can see we have a pretty nice selection between just wv 1 and wv 2 of archetypes to fill out your town. If we get to wv 3, then we will have a "fat body" sculpted for the male figure to do some more and different towns people.

Regarding the KS, when it goes live, there will be a poll for you guys to help pick names for the "Create Your Own Cowboy" and "Create Your Own Outlaw" as well as pick the color pattern for the Cowboy himself. More news on that as we approach the date.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Also:
JE Russell
Blanks. Single Colored shirts with hands, single color pants with boots. What other reason would we have for adding gear (weapons, belts) and accs (coats, hats) in special colors not available on any figure to the KS at every other level? Oh, wait...did I just reveal something IMPORTANT?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man would I really love this line. Theres two things that suck, though.

1. Alyosha
2. Probably the now typical $20+ per figure.

:grumpy:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Per Alyosha:

They're ambitious, at least. Still think they've got the stagecoach and horse priorities ass-backwards. Smalljoes getting an exclusive of that caliber? Ewok sure wouldn't like that.

Here's hoping that Red Dead Whatever it's called has the Rockstar Director and Editor mode functions.

Dunno what the director mode is, but after seeing some of the shit people come up with in the editor in GTA Online, one for RDW could be epic.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They already own the stagecoach prototype. The horses have to be sculpted and the tooling designed.

And on the company FB group, there are shots of the figures riding horses. I just can't share them here.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I do think the average person would want a horse over the stagecoach. Horses can be used with many different lines so have a wider appeal.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Regardless, I think most find it odd.

It is, but in context to a pre-kickstarter offering, I don't think it really is. There was supposed to be a couple interviews last Sunday that probably would have clarified why there were horses shown but not offered yet. They are comfortable in directing people towards 1/18 horses that are currently available on the market until they can invest in the tooling cost for a superior product.

I personally hope they make the most articulate, high quality horses in that scale as it's an item that people outside of the action figure community will buy.

It's also why I think MGR is going in the wrong direction by making his dogs modular in the vests they have instead of modular in the breeds they offer.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
They already own the stagecoach prototype. The horses have to be sculpted and the tooling designed.

And on the company FB group, there are shots of the figures riding horses. I just can't share them here.

That coach is the proto from the Dusty Trails line that never materialized. I don't believe they're using that to mold from; just as a proof-of-concept display like the oall the figures from that line they displayed.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It is, but in context to a pre-kickstarter offering, I don't think it really is. There was supposed to be a couple interviews last Sunday that probably would have clarified why there were horses shown but not offered yet. They are comfortable in directing people towards 1/18 horses that are currently available on the market until they can invest in the tooling cost for a superior product.

I personally hope they make the most articulate, high quality horses in that scale as it's an item that people outside of the action figure community will buy.

It's also why I think MGR is going in the wrong direction by making his dogs modular in the vests they have instead of modular in the breeds they offer.

That's the thing, what are there for 1:18 horses? The two Indiana Jones horses (vintage and '08) that are strictly secondary market, and PTE during holiday season. I'm sure there's a static one in 1:18 somewhere, and there might be a slightly articulated one in some pink aisle line I'm not aware of.

As to the dogs, do you mean something along the lines of having short and long-hair breed torsos? That's how I likely would have tackled it.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Digisculpt for the Territories Lawman, which some say has a passing resemblance to Bass Reeves:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
We need "not" Powers Booth, "not" Micheal Biehn and "not" Tom Selleck.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I had little interest in ponying up big money for Greco-Roman soldiers and mythical creatures, but my soul needs western gunfighters.

If I support this and end up not being able to recreate the main cast of Tombstone, I'll be pissed. Wyatt? Curly Bill? I need for Val Kilmer to drill Johnny Ringo... "I'm your huckleberry..."

And my secondary hope is for the main characters from Deadwood. Hell, they can reuse the Curly Bill head sculpt! Plus, if we get a good Seth, it'll immediately get me started for several characters from Justified...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I had little interest in ponying up big money for Greco-Roman soldiers and mythical creatures, but my soul needs western gunfighters.

If I support this and end up not being able to recreate the main cast of Tombstone, I'll be pissed. Wyatt? Curly Bill? I need for Val Kilmer to drill Johnny Ringo... "I'm your huckleberry..."

And my secondary hope is for the main characters from Deadwood. Hell, they can reuse the Curly Bill head sculpt! Plus, if we get a good Seth, it'll immediately get me started for several characters from Justified...

I believe they have Doc Kilmer, it just hasn't been shown. Johnny, Curly Bill and Wyatt are definitely homages-ed in the Gunfighter, the Drover, and the Marshall, respectively. Hell, the Gunfighter just needs a red sash and a dragon painted on his waistcoat.

God, do I love that movie.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I believe the first wave has something like 12 different paint variations. The legs and bodies can also be swapped and there are a bunch of different jackets, vests, and gear. You should be able to create just about anything you want excluding the heads.