Super 7 & Funko ReAction

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Came across these odd figures by Archie Mcphee. They are not ReAction but very similar and quite odd.
https://mcphee.com/pages/search-results-page?q=strange+friends

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Here is the caption on the side of the box the Strange Friends came in.

The masks are not removable but you could probably pry them off. They have a ball neck joint but it would take some work to get it off.

Here they are in all their strange glory

And a scale image

Now the squirrel girl has a crotch bulge. I found that an odd detail to include...

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I just found this funny..... obviously not saying who wrote it since I have no desire to get anyone in trouble, just echoing issues with packaging of this line. That's been discussed before.

(Don't worry DSB :panic: )

We unfortunately do not have Standard grade packaging for the following item(s) you have ordered:

(removed)

We only have Sub-Standard packaging available at this time, which means the packaging may have some creasing, dents, or other imperfections. We apologize for the inconvenience. There is no price difference between Standard grade and Sub-Standard grade and we still guarantee the item itself to be in mint condition.

Unfortunately, the ReAction line in general has begun receiving a fair amount of generalized feedback regarding the card separation during transit or after storage once home. Perhaps it is the quality of the material used for packaging of the line, or the glue not being sufficient to hold the items in proper placement during transit from our warehouse to you. We understand and appreciate the art of collecting and the need for items to arrive to you in a pristine manner in which meets your expectations. If you intend on having the ReAction line figures remain in the package for display, unfortunately, this line may not be suitable to meet your expectations. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

In 10 years if someones got a Reaction figure mint on card then I got a bridge to sell you :)

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I just found this funny..... obviously not saying who wrote it since I have no desire to get anyone in trouble, just echoing issues with packaging of this line. That's been discussed before.

(Don't worry DSB :panic: )

In 10 years if someones got a Reaction figure mint on card then I got a bridge to sell you :)

Luckily I just open everything. Problem solved.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Blind boxed figures, eh?

Drop better come and see these. Making Lambert and Headless Bukkake Party Ash.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yep, I seen 'em. I have to wonder what's up with the ReAnimated line? I also question why we need "accurate" versions of Ripley and Dallas, when all they are are repainted versions of the regular figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It three-packs. I suspect these will show up carded at Target, much like the Stanger Things line did.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
My wife has told me she wants that IT figure, but doesn't really care for the kids. Not that she has a problem with the way they look...other than they look unexciting. I hope they don't come in a three-pack only.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Saw these in person at Wal-Mart yesterday. They don't look too bad. The eyes of the skull dude are hollow all the way through the torso, and the female's head could be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Would it be possible to see a phot of them along side a modern Joe?

I'm still kicking around the idea of getting some of the Stranger Things kids for my ALIENS colony.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I always thought Peggy was hot, I couldn't understand Al always slamming her and her looks.