G.I. Joe/Cobra action figure movie "Past is Present" movie trailer!!!

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
So my three kids are making a action figure movie. They have the trailer up and they are working on the movie itself. I am serving as a joe history consultant so that old guys like me can relate to some of the movie. They are doing the pictures, movie editing and sound effects themselves. Hope you enjoy the ride with us!!!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yep! We filmed a bunch after the holidays (I have a great 3min scene already edited), and we had big plans for some outdoor shots when it snowed. And then it didn't. No snow this year, which is pretty rare. And then other stuff occupied all our spare time in the spring... school, science fair, dying relatives, etc, and things got set aside for a bit.

I told my son just the other day that we needed to get back at it this summer. He's off to camp next week, but I suspect we'll hit it hard again in July.

Gonna be great. Gonna be the best HW movie ever made. People keep telling me that it's the pinnacle of cinema. You'll see. It's gonna be YUGE! ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Gungho-joe , what characters are you guys using?

Yep! We filmed a bunch after the holidays (I have a great 3min scene already edited), and we had big plans for some outdoor shots when it snowed. And then it didn't. No snow this year, which is pretty rare. And then other stuff occupied all our spare time in the spring... school, science fair, dying relatives, etc, and things got set aside for a bit.

I told my son just the other day that we needed to get back at it this summer. He's off to camp next week, but I suspect we'll hit it hard again in July.

Gonna be great. Gonna be the best HW movie ever made. People keep telling me that it's the pinnacle of cinema. You'll see. It's gonna be YUGE! ;)

Maybe start your own teaser thread similar to Gh-j?

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
Gungho-joe , what characters are you guys using?

Maybe start your own teaser thread similar to Gh-j?

There are two joe teams, The primary will be Gungho, Sci-Fi, Roadblock, lifeline, Crazylegs, Dialtone, Covergirl and Sgt. Slaughter (the sarge will have a major role without really having much of a speaking part)....TEASER without spoiler!!! The second team that will basically cameo (setting up a kind of special mission mini-movie) Dodger, SneakPeek, Scoop and G.I. Jane. There are a bunch of surprise appearances but my kids security is tighter than the Pentagon. I can say that it is set in a huge shared universe and certain cities will be referenced to show the scope of the universe. I am not going to lie and say that I am not having a blast watching them put this together. They are working right now on the second teaser trailer that will have sound effects and a certain voice recording that I have to admit is pretty damn cool.

On the Cobra side Serpentor, Minbender, Destro, Baroness, Big Boa, Blackout alot of small cameos from others and a whole bunch of troops!!! Tommy is putting the sound effects to the opening video. I am loving that its video and still shots!!!

The other cast members from the shared universe is going to be the surprise and swerves...They wont let me say anything more.

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
I don't want to give it away... I fear I'd do like hollywood and shoot my wad in the trailer. :laugh:

Making Hot Wheels Great Again #MHWGA

Thats why the kids wont let me help write the trailers...my ideas would give away the happy ending!!!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That sounds awesome. I bet that there are/will be a lot of jealous dads that are bummed that there own boys never gave a rats pahtoot about JOEs.

Reactions: Gungho-joe

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
The kids just finished the 2nd trailer. I watched my son do the editing and sound effects. I have no clue what the heck he was doing and how he knew how to do it. Complete with music and a little audio clip at the end for their dear old dad.

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
Haha very cool! That sounds like a fun thing to do with the kids!

I am loving it!!! I feel like that 10 year old kid again. We are taking a play break from filming scenes, just having a all out Joe play time in the yard!!!