Marvel Legends

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
At SDCC, there is also a pic of Squirrel Girl, Shang-Chi, and Cosmic Ghost Rider.

SG and CGR are hard passes, but Shang-Chi is basically Quick-Kick with red pants.

1563567257912.png

Suddenly, making his red sash will be the hardest part of customizing that guy. It'll almost be too easy, pilgrim.

The Legends panel at SDCC is later today, so by tonight there should be a lot of news on future ML plans and lots of proto pics.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
So they showed off a ton of new stuff, especially 90's era X-Men. Scott, Jean, Logan 3-pack, Havok/Polaris in X-Factor unis, Strong Guy BAF, Dani Moonstar with alt heads for Karma and Wolfsbane, Nate Grey X-Man... even f#$%ing toon Morph (oh how I loathe that redshirt character).

https://marvelousnews.com/284-25422

My preferred era of the X-titles is the 80's, but those are some mighty fine figures. Hopefully they'll step back and check off some of those great 80's costumes as well. Regardless, after a decade of Cap/IM/Thor movie figures ad nauseam, the X-Men are making a resurgence. About damn time.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I need need neeeeeeeed that She-Hulk!

Am I the only one who would totally date a green chick? Or blue or red or pink or purple or teal or turquoise or orange or any other vivid color? I was envious of Starlord slamming all the hot colored chatch.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So they showed off a ton of new stuff, especially 90's era X-Men. Scoot, Jean, Logan 3-pack, Havok/Polaris in X-Factor unis, Strong Guy BAF, Dani Moonstar with alt heads for Karma and Wolfsbane, Nate Grey X-Man... even f#$%ing toon Morph (oh how I loathe that redshirt character).

https://marvelousnews.com/284-25422

My preferred era of the X-titles is the 80's, but those are some mighty fine figures. Hopefully they'll step back and check off some of those great 80's costumes as well. Regardless, after a decade of Cap/IM/Thor movie figures ad nauseam, the X-Men are making a resurgence. About damn time.
That Logan-Jean-Scott love triangle three pack IS pretty great. Only weak spot I can see is Logan's terrible unmasked head sculpt.

Motherfucking Hasbro has me wanting to dig out my X-Men comics and re-read the run I have. If you think I'm gonna buy these damn ML figures you're wrong, Hasbro! YOU'RE WRONG!

I need need neeeeeeeed that She-Hulk!
It is pretty dope. Wish it was 1:18, though. I'd do a swole operator bitch custom.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The unmasked Logan head is just one that they already had lying around from a couple of years ago. I have so many unused wolverine heads, I always assume that I can find one I like amongst the horde.

I agree, I might read some of the Mutant Massacre==>Fall of the Mutants==>Inferno era comics this weekend too. Those are my absolute favorites. The kids are going to my parents tonight. Date night or comic books, date night or comic books...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll have to settle for X-Men '91. Say, is Claremont's run entire run compiled anywhere? I usually hear that's the place to be for X-Men.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Compiled in what regard? Issues, trades, hardcovers, reprint issues, digital... legal and otherwise. Pretty much any way your want it, it exists.

Generally, if you're being comprehensive, you'd start at Giant-Size (even though not written by claremont, he took over shortly thereafter), then Uncanny 94 thru 280 + X-Men (1991) 1-3. And of course, he wrote the first few years of New Mutants & Excalibur. And if you're reading all of that, you'd be remiss in leaving out X-Factor by Walt and Weesie Simonson.

This brings up a bigger issue I have as well. When I want to reread X-Men, I never know where to start. I mean, I've read them all, but choosing a starting point is daunting unless you're going for a comprehensive re-read of 20 years of material.

Some people really love the original Claremont/Byrne era, encompassing Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past. Then you have the folks who grew up on the Paul Smith / JRJR era. I prefer the Mutant Massacre - Fall of the Mutants - Outback - Inferno era with mostly Silvestri art (issues 210 - 250-something). Then younger readers are partial to Jim Lee and the 90's cartoon stuff.

You can't go wrong with any of them, but choosing a starting point is tough. However, you are 100% correct that Claremont is the way to go. Everything else in the last 30 years has tried to live up to what he built.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I want that The Walking Dead compendium-style shit. Might need to pop into B&N and see what the compendium landscape looks like, then hit up Amazon/eBay.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well Marvel doesn't do compendiums, but they have published lots of Omnibi of X-Men material, but they're pricey and haven't fully covered the full claremont run. They're close though, probably only lack a couple of volumes in the middle.

Bottom line, if you're going to collect big hardcovers of the Claremont material, this is in theory what you want:

Uncanny Omnibus v 1-3 (Giant Size + Uncanny 94-175) HERE, HERE, & HERE
*** gap for future Omnibus v4 & v5 ***
Mutant Massacre omnibus (Uncanny 210-219, X-Factor 9-17, + lots of crossover issues) HERE
Fall of the Mutants omnibus (Uncanny 220-227, X-Factor 19-26, + lots of crossover issues) HERE
Inferno Prologue omnibus (Uncanny 228-238, X-Factor 27-32, + lots of crossover issues) HERE
Inferno omnibus (Uncanny 239-243, X-Factor 33-40, + lots of crossover issues) HERE
Claremont/Lee omnibus v1 (Uncanny 244-269 + more) HERE
X-Tinction Agenda (Uncanny 270-272, X-Factor 60-62, + crossover issues) HERE
Claremont/Lee omnibus v2 (Uncanny 273-280, X-Factor 63-70, + crossover issues) HERE

It's quite the undertaking in both time and money, but then again, it's two decades of material. The only problem with those HCs is that about half of them are out of print. But Marvel periodically reprints that stuff, so I'd suggest to grab the ones you can at a reasonable price and capture the others when they reissue.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wow....that is expensive. I suppose several of the actual issues are equally expensive these days?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, you're talking seminal issues from the mid-1970's forward. There are several that are quite expensive.

By far the easiest & cheapest way to read all of that stuff is digitally. If you don't already have a reading device, a $100 kindle fire 10" makes for a great comic reading tablet. Amazon and comixology run weekly sales on digital comics, but it's probably easier if you... just happen know someone, probably on a toy forum, who can loan them to you. ;) Sharing is caring.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
While I struggled to justify the cost, I broke down and backed this project. It's immensely cool. A 26" Sentinel. It's bigger than Titan-Class Metroplex. Holy crap. My 10-yo self's head just exploded. Plus it comes with two exclusive 6" figures, a MasterMold alternate head, battle-damaged head and hand... and maybe more. People blew through the stretch goals, so they might have to invent some more.

I skipped the Haslab Jabba's Skiff, and I skipped the 26" Unicron. But THIS... I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. I'm only sad that I can't justify getting three.

1594664960725.png

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I was pretty excited about several of the Spidey ML reveals yesterday... then I saw what they are charging 😲 Hasbro is smoking some serious crack. I'll overpay for a few choice figures, but I scaled back my PO list by about 50%. This is not going to end well.

FYI, everything but the retro Lizard are up for PO in a few minutes (i.e. 1pm edt today).

1650473769600.png

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I assume that $27.99 is the base price and the others are larger figs? That's still a $5 jump from the expected $22.99 price point I have been seeing for 1:12 scale figures of late. Let's go Brandon!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
All of these have the "anniversary release" premium attached. The Toad figure is priced $2 higher than the Anniversary Cap and IM from late last year, and they came with a ton more accessories. He doesn't come with as much as a regular figure, yet he's $10 more because.... "special" ?

I think Hasbro is likely going to send basic mass-release figures to $24.99... and they're all starting to come in windowless, plastic-less cardboard boxes. So the MISB display crowd is mad, the paint-sticklers are mad, and regular collectors are going to have to buy online to keep from being victim of a repacker's fever dream. There will be sooooo many stories of finding the hot new figure only to get home and find a 2006 WWE figure in the box.

Hasbro is putting out really good looking products and burning goodwill at an alarming rate simultaneously. It takes a special lack of awareness to pull that off.

• Sad
Reactions: ThunderDan19

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
They thought it would be funny for the overpriced lame Ghost Rider Haslab to end on Halloween...

Well, trick or treat, motherf#$%er! What a terrible campaign, and they screwed over x-men fans so that we'll never get a proper Maddie Pryor either. I could not be more irritated with the ML team at the moment.

1667311474226.png