BBTS Exclusive 7-packs now up for Pre-Order

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'll believe that when I see it about Kwinn but when we asked at SDCC they said they were "trying" to work him in. Seeing how he was missing at SDCC was kind of a sign this may happen. Shit, people didn't want to believe about the 2012 figure releases but seems that's happening too. Hasbro doesn't just make up dates. They cover their ass and if things can come out early then cool. Kwinn being MIA pretty much is saying "we'll put him on the back burner". They could easily do an arctic one with that Arctic Snake Eyes that had the skull jacket. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Also, consider the source. That site is a blog and who knows if they are even at the NY con and who they talked to. This could be a "heard it through the grapevine" deal. He's a "meh" character anyway and putting him as an exclusive would be a good idea. Hasbro makes a little extra and we get to watch man children bitch for a few months. This is great drama!!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
who the hell is Kwinn and why is everyone obsessed with him? I though he was just a character Bob Dylan sung about.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He was in like, half a dozen issues of the comic, I think.

I think Joe fans like him because he was an Eskimo and had sex with Snake Eyes, or maybe it was Timber. Who knows.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
wait he had sex with Snake Eyes? Poor Snake eyes, it's not like he could have said no.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I didn't give a fuck about Kwinn since I never read the comics growing up.... I actually read the comics after I knew who Kwinn was (and I was in the boat who wondered, "who the fuck is this guy and why do fans have a hard-on for him?). After reading the comics, he's one of the cooler characters that showed up in the early run of Marvel. A lot of fans want Billy and Professor Appel and Candy/Bongo the Bear, which are dumb fucking fringe characters to want made in the line. Kwinn was actually badass and did shit, he wasn't just some silly background character that people have become attached to for no reason.

Yeah, Blood, others at HT have mentioned it, and I agree with you. SDCC actually makes perfect sense. If this is the case (strong IF until we get further confirmation) they'll likely do a repaint/bash with the gear to make an arctic version, and do the jungle one, too. I hope that the arctic suit is the rarer variant, to be honest, because I'll probably get one of that one to keep carded (never wanted him in arctic gear in the first place), plus he was only in one issue or two in that arctic gear. The rest of the time he was in his jungle gear, which looks way more badass (and is the gear that was shown on the JoeCon proto).

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
so did he or did he not fuck Snake Eyes?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
He was locked in an underground bunker for some time with Snakes, so maybe? Haha. But Kwinn never fucked anyone besides Dr. Venom (and not in the literal sense).

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Dr. Venom? you mean that weird adventure team bad guy?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, he was originally in the Marvel Joe comics. That's why he was in the AT line—it was about the only way for fans to get him.

I actually want that Venom now, but not at the prices he's going for. He was the original Cobra scientist before Dr. Mindbender, and just looked like some dickhead in a labcoat. Not some Folsom Fair atendee with a monocle.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
He didn't bang Snake Eyes. He only gave him a handy and a reach around. They thought they were going to die in that bunker so he figured it's the least he could do for the mute.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
So according to that article Kwinn won't be an exclusive and the 30th line is going to wind down to make way for the movie figures. Won't put much faith into it much like the Kwinn article but the line ending sounds more believable. Better hope Sci Fi and Lifeline make it to ROSS or TJ Maxx!! ;)

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I do hope kwinn makes it out, I liked the guy in the comics. It was nice to see Snakes Eyes one step behind some one the entire time. The figure was also going to be used to make a ton of desert and Safari customs.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

Does make better sense as an exclusive.

After reading the comics, he's one of the cooler characters that showed up in the early run of Marvel.

Agreed.

A lot of fans want Billy and Professor Appel and Candy/Bongo the Bear, which are dumb fucking fringe characters to want made in the line.

Fuck that, Billy did more in the Marvel comics than most of the main characters. Half of the characters people are crying for were less influential to the plot than he was. Appel and Candy, sure, but not Billy.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I have never had any desire to get any of the peripheral (not produced the first time around) "Larry Hama's imaginary world" characters. I hated all of them as a kid and thought they got way too much face time in the comics then. Why would I want any of them now, especially in place of any of the figs that were actually made back in the day?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I thought the Billy thing so far was lame, but I'm not done with his story arc. I just dropped off after CC got his battle armor suit, so I need to pick back up. I took a reading hiatus, although I have 3-4 more volumes left to read before buying more.

I'll let you know if I lift the lame-ban on him, Fogger, but those other peripheral characters are silly. I'll let you have Billy for now, though. ;)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Billy's story never ends Rex. It just keeps going and going. If you go past Marvel you will really despise him

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Oh, I don't have any problem with people thinking he's lame, I could totally see that. I just can't agree with the idea that he's a background character, given how much face time he gets. :D

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
I think the bbts pack with the Resolute set is a pretty good deal. $124.99 plus $12.79 shipping for 28 figures comes to $4.92 each so not a bad deal at all. I never picked up the Resolute sets so this is a great opportunity to do that plus get the new 7 packs witch I do like.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
man, the head sculpts are awesome on nearly all of them!...love how they gave them expressions...as goofy as it is, i think i like Zanzibars head the best...though the rest of him sucks a$$

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think the Thrasher head is great for '50s greaser customs, as limited a need as there is for such things, even for me.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
man, the head sculpts are awesome on nearly all of them!...love how they gave them expressions...as goofy as it is, i think i like Zanzibars head the best...though the rest of him sucks a$$

I agree. These pics look much better then the first shots

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Roadpig is the shining star out of that set by far. He's basically exactly what I'd have used for existing parts, to maximize the most out of existing parts (plus the addition of the new bits).

The harness on his back for the sledgehammer is awesome. Zandar's not awful, but he just feels weird. Thrasher grew on me... That webgear is much more clever and better-sculpted than in the proto pics. I still don't care about the rest of them, but I'm still irritated every time I see that God-awful Monkeywrench with his Frankenbody and we got 2 Dreadnoks in this stinking set who aren't even "real" classic Dreadnoks, who got new heads and newly-sculpted parts. I really want an official MW that doesn't suck.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yeah, that MW is a POS...hes just so halfa$$ed...

has anyone else noticed how goofy the new 'noks make the old ones look?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
i just checked to see how these guys were comig along and the due date for them is no longer late december. its is now Early January. Thats 1 of the 2 normal pushbacks for internet exclusives. lol

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
mine are in my POL...i don't have anything else coming up to take advantage of the shipping savings, so i don't know if i should wait till theres something else to order or just ship it...

geeze...$58.28 shipped...for 7 figures...ouch...and a few suck a$$...

Last edited:

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
mine are in my POL...i don't have anything else coming up to take advantage of the shipping savings, so i don't know if i should wait till theres something else to order or just ship it...

geeze...$58.28 shipped...for 7 figures...ouch...and a few suck a$$...

dam what kind of shipping did u get?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
just the regular ole bend-me-over shipping...

i'll always pass on the blow-yer-potential-future-childern-all-over-my-face shipping

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Saw it was processing earlier. Just hit "Ship my Loot!" though. I was hoping these would be in earlier so they'd be at my door when I got home from vacation, but at any rate, at least they'll be here soon anyways. Also, I have that #4 bot from the Devastator in this pile, so it'll be a while till I need to ship my POL anyways (when #5 and 6 become in-stock).