BBTS Exclusive 7-packs now up for Pre-Order

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Meh, I'll hold out for ROSS or Marshalls. :D
I really doubt they would show up at any discount stores. If they were Entertainment Earth exclusives there would be a slim chance. I don't think I have ever seen BBTS exclusives at any of those stores. They usually clearance out their own stuff so maybe that is your best future option.

I canceled my Resolute bundle & chose only the new 7 packs. Then I also had a Star Wars comic pack from December for $2. :D

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Falcon in Zanya are the only the only two I'm somewhat interested in getting. Are they worth getting individually on ebay?

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Slightly off topic, guys, but are there any 1:18th military figures on BBTS that are worth getting? The Power Elites figures all sold out, and the PTE that they have can't compete pricewise against Big Lots (and they are all Pre-order, which they warn may or may not mean they will ever get them in stock.)

They have a pretty descent "Military" section:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/general.aspx?general=48

...but the ones I randomly checked don't seem that interesting. Anyone have better luck?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Ourwar are 1:18, but on backorder. Otherwise it's just the vatious Joe items.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Falcon in Zanya are the only the only two I'm somewhat interested in getting. Are they worth getting individually on ebay?

you're welcome to my Zanya when i get her...if yer in no hurry, cause i'm not sure when i'll ship my set...probably $9-$10 shipped...

i didn't get the Joe set, or i'd offer you the Falcon also

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I "shipped my loot" from BBTS on Thursday of last week. It's Tuesday, and although I got a UPS shipment notification yesterday morning, it's still showing up blank on UPS' tracker. At that rate, it'll be Tuesday next week when I get my shipment, considering that Monday is a Federal holiday.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Blerg! Mine now finally cleared on UPS' tracker, and it says delivery by end of day on Monday. At least I have Monday off, so I'll be there when it's delivered.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
make sure to take some cool dio pics Matt...though not with the Joe pack, you can leave that ugly, horrifically inaccurate set in the box...:D

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Mine just arrived. pics a little later. its play....err. setup time.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Damn, where to begin...

I guess the lesser cool pack, the Joe Pack:

I'm perfectly fine with Mercer. He's a decent enough update. The 3 "repeat" Joes (BBQ, Spirit and Low-Light) will all be getting turned into fodder, to some extent or another. Not that they look bad, they just don't have much charm to them. I definitely won't be leaving a single one of them as-is, that's for damned sure. And I don't much care about Red Dog or Taurus, but they'll definitely be getting new heads when the SDS order arrives that I ordered a few weeks ago. Not that the current ones are bad... They're actually really great sculpts. They just don't fit the characters. If I cared enough about Taurus, I'd give him Red Dog's legs and find better ones for Red Dog... I just don't care about either of them that much. I will probably give Red Dog that bigass harness from ROC HD, though. Not sure, but he does need some webgear to make him at least look like a geared-up mercenary, and not some dipshit with yet another sports Jersey on. I'll maybe revisit those two later.

Falcon? Ugh, no idea what I'm doing with him, but chances are I'll retain only the head, beret (repainted), scarf (repainted) and maybe the lower arms. He now needs a body, and I don't wanna use the previous Falcon torso and legs. Chances are, the gear and webgear are the only things I'll use from the previous figure. But I want to try a second stab at a decent ARAH figure Falcon, since my previous efforts were to go with a Sunbow deco.

The Dreadnoks:

Road Pig is pretty awesome, considering the amount of new tooling he got. All I'm giving him is a proper arm-mounted arrow and maybe that blocker pad. I may revisit his legs later, but I'm pretty happy with the build that Hasbro chose for him. Thrasher is my second favorite, despite initial misgivings about him. I did add a Copperhead belt to cover that goofy sash that 2/3 of this set seems to rock, and that immediately improved him. I may swap out the legs for more ARAH-accurate ones, and the lower left arm for Mutt's bigass arm guard, but you know what? He is a good update. Same with Gnawgahyde. He was an improvement all around, if you ask me. He looks like someone you wouldn't want to fuck with, and that's awesome. He does need the boar though, so I'll either be sculpting my own, or looking for one online. I definitely won't be using that awful ARAH one though, because it looks like melted ass. Zanzibar, I expect to just start from scratch on my own eventually. I ordered a kit from SDS, so we'll see. I don't really care enough about him right now to bother fixing the Hasbro one, but he's an okay stand-in. Zanzibar may be the worst ARAH character from the set, but I was more pissed about another one (wait for it...).

As for Burn-Out and Zanya, I would trade both of them for half a Monkeywrench. I'm not even kidding. They don't exactly look bad... In fact, for total repaints (minus the new heads) they're quite good kitbashes... I just don't give a rat's ass about either character. I'll be keeping them, and I may add Storm Rider to my Nok ranks now just to have 3 newbies, but they're back-shelfers at best.

Now, to the final "must-have" of the set, besides Road Pig and Thrasher.... Zandar. Zandar is fucking awful. I was most excited about him, I think. And severely let down. Of all the Dreadnoks missing, I would say that Zandar, then Thrasher were the most missed, followed by Road Pig. Zandar, especially, because we now have Zarana. Personally, I wish they'd just waited for SDCC to give us a proper Zandar with new parts, but he just doesn't have the pull of Zarana for an exclusive of that scale. So we're stuck with the Dreadnok set. And he could have been much better, if it wasn't for that godawful torso they picked, those hideous Viper lower legs, and that ridiculously oversized sash. If I were to nitpick, I'd have given him new lower arms, too (Xamot/Tomax lowers) but he has far bigger issues to worry about than that.

The only good things about him? The head is a great sculpt, although I by far prefer my SDS head sculpt that Krexx did. In fact, I like that sculpt so much, that I'm not going to hack apart my custom Zandar to salvage parts. The webgear harness is also great. The upper legs are fine, although not as big as they should be, considering that they're old 25th Shipwreck legs. The upper arms are also great, and to an extent, the lower arms. They make sense though, since he needed Zartan's arms to be accurate, so this was more or less a no-brainer, and I wouldn't award Hasbro any points for that, really.

What is awful about him? I figured since they went with a muted color palette for SDCC Zarana, that they'd have toned it down for Zandar (you know, so they'd match?). The colors on him are awful. Besides his head and pants color, the two colors that stand out are the neon pink and blue, which are both just too much. I would've desaturated both colors, but unfortunately we got ARAH-accurate for the most part. Which wouldn't be bad, if they'd done that with Zarana. But they didn't, so they don't match and Zandar looks like a clown. Especially since that scarf is so fucking gigantic. What irritates the shit out of me, is that they could have reused the mold from the "battle damaged" Arctic battle Storm Shadow from ROC... Although they didn't, and the new head won't work with that without modification, unfortunately. So instead, we get the gigantic scarf that, for what I can tell, is a new sculpt. WHY IS IT SO DAMN BIG?!? It just throws the figure off. I could even live with everything listed so far, but the worst part is the lower legs. Not only are the Viper legs from ROC awful aesthetically paired with the upper legs that they chose (the knees gap like crazy, and the legs bow outward, which isn't a packaging error so much as a bad mold... All my ROC Vipers that I ended up being stuck with had bowed legs) but the knees themselves don't actually ratchet properly. With the construction they used, the knees are double-jointed and I can't get him to stand properly without his knees being all wonky. Altogether, Zandar is perhaps the worst character from the set, considering the amount of new tooling he got, and his "importance" to the rest of the line. I was severely disappointed.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I will definitely gear him up, and will probably give him better lower arms. You're right, they're femininely tiny. I need 2 sets of gear from TRU Spirit, just to gear up Gnaw and Zandar with better bow/arrow gear.

Overall though, I consider his toning-down of the leopard fur a vast improvement. He's like a hybrid of the cool parts of Kraven the Hunter and Gnawgahyde, without all the flamboyantly gay parts. :D

Zandar's bugging the shit out of me, I'm just staring at it trying to make it work with my hatred, and it's not working! :(

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Zandar grew on me. I really disliked him at first, but now, He's not so bad. I gave him his vintage weapon. I am debating on switching out his kneecaps though. I also may use that slayer head to make an alternate costume zandar now. Not sure.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The lower legs will more than likely have to go, but the kneecaps before anything. They don't even function properly. Also, I'll probably trim down that goofy ass scarf some, or sculpt my own. It's also getting repainted. I'll probably keep the head, as it's not so bad. He also needs a belt, but that's at the other end of my to-do list right now.

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
i just got the dreadnok set and zarana a few days ago first new joes ive bought in almost a year i really like the set ,its not perfect but i really didn't think they'd make any of those guys

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Oh if anyone is missing Zarana, I have a spare one that BBTS shipped me. The bubble for the "collector" case was crushed in, but the card and card bubble are fine. If you want an opener, she's perfect for that. Or if you don't care about the outer case, same thing. $30 plus shipping.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Overall though, I consider his toning-down of the leopard fur a vast improvement. He's like a hybrid of the cool parts of Kraven the Hunter and Gnawgahyde, without all the flamboyantly gay parts.

i didn't mind the idea of the old skined vest on Gnawg, i just didn't like the colors...i think had it had a more realistic fur paint job, it woulda been better...i may just do that myself...

Zandar's bugging the shit out of me, I'm just staring at it trying to make it work with my hatred, and it's not working! :(

they just way over scaled everything on him...the chest holsters huge, the stupid a$$ lighting on his chest is huge, his scarf is huge, gloves are huge (compared to the ARAH version)...just uhg!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I don't know what was wrong with the designers on this one when it came to parts selection and scaling the new parts. The new parts could've worked much better on him at about 85%-90% the size, and they really should have used knee joints that functioned, let alone looked better. I turned the scarf backwards on him which helps a little, but it still sits funny. But I think I'll just end up sculpting my own eventually. I still haven't found knee joints that I like, that work. I may try some Viper ones

Even his fucking bandana around his head is huge. Maybe he's overcompensating?