1:18 Helicopters

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The SFOR one just suffers the "factory fresh" paint job and a little-known theater of operations.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And yet not a lot of downed aircraft in the Bosnia-Herzegovina Stabilization Force. ;)

Anyhow, stop being a lazy fuck and get some 2000 grit Wet-Dry sand paper and take the letters off if they're so offensive.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
True that. It's not even like the Unimax stuff is super plentiful to where you can do mods to it.

I really want to spruce up on of their M1A2s.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-18-Gore-Liebe...84295?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2c5e3af987

A hot seller I imagine :D

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Kinda what I figured.

Check these out. They're 1:16 scale, but 25th Ann./ROC/POC-style figures aren't even 1:18 scale.

http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/item_detail.aspx?itemfind=BRUDER02590

http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/item_detail.aspx?itemfind=BRUDER02591

Might make some really good custom fodder.

Did you not see my other thread?

http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=1174

Haha though those MAY work better.. most of the Trucks/Jeep's I've seen dwarf Joes.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
At what point should I completely fucking give up trying to find reasonably priced 1:18 vehicles? I've been buying a lot of Bruder stuff lately. Their stuff looks absolutely amazing, but it's really 1:16, and they don't have any military type stuff.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Are you rich? Get lots of money from the government?

I'd give up now.. unless you like WWII German tanks, those seem to be the only thing thats still in-stock on eBay.

Though the Bravo Team Abrams and Bradley are worth it for sure for $30 each, and go with Joes, they just are not terribly exciting.

Best bet is to try and snag them from people getting rid of them who may not know the value. I have a BUNCH MISB that now I'm debating what to do with.

PFunk

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Did you not see my other thread?

http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=1174

Haha though those MAY work better.. most of the Trucks/Jeep's I've seen dwarf Joes.

LOL. No, I don't guess I did. And, yes, the Bruder lineup makes it look like someone's kid is driving a heavy vehicle.

The way I understand it as to why there is 1:16 scale, that was the scale that people who made farm toys picked. Why diecast guys picked 1:18, I don't know, but I really don't think it's actually 1:18, either that, or Joes aren't really 1:18.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Are you rich? Get lots of money from the government?

I'd give up now.. unless you like WWII German tanks, those seem to be the only thing thats still in-stock on eBay.

Though the Bravo Team Abrams and Bradley are worth it for sure for $30 each, and go with Joes, they just are not terribly exciting.

Best bet is to try and snag them from people getting rid of them who may not know the value. I have a BUNCH MISB that now I'm debating what to do with.

Yeah, I've already gotten the Bradley and the Abrams. I guess I'm relegated to that for now. If you're ever looking unload that BUNCH MISB, you don't have far to look. ;)

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
LOL. No, I don't guess I did. And, yes, the Bruder lineup makes it look like someone's kid is driving a heavy vehicle.

The way I understand it as to why there is 1:16 scale, that was the scale that people who made farm toys picked. Why diecast guys picked 1:18, I don't know, but I really don't think it's really 1:18, either that, or Joes aren't really 1:18.

Yeah I think maybe the Joe's are 1:17 scale or really talk 1:18th scale people. The OurWar figures are closer to proper 1:18 scale, though people come in all shapes and sizes so it's hard to limit it.

The diecast stuff does always seem to run on the small side, but I think a lot of that is due to the fact that in the real-steel we can squish and move the seats around etc to fit comfortably.. a luxury the Joe's don't have.

Yeah, I've already gotten the Bradley and the Abrams. I guess I'm relegated to that for now. If you're ever looking unload that BUNCH MISB, you don't have far to look. ;)

Noted! I'm just scared to do it and then look back and regret it.. though them sitting in storage isn't doing anyone any favors.

PFunk

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I really want one of those Elite Operations Chinook-looking affairs. Going to convert it to Cobra transport helo like the ones we saw in the old first volume of the comics.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I may be selling some stuff in the next few days, mainly WW2 I think.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I kind of regret selling my 21st Century Super Cobra & Air America Huey. :(

Big mistake.

I regret buying my Super Cobra, though. I imagine if it had been new i would feel differently.

Never regret the Huey, though, and am glad that i never traded or sold it at several points.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I noticed there are a few different Huey's out there. Are there major differences in them besides the paint? I really like the CIA one but I need a few more suits for something like that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The only mold difference between the 1st Huey and the subsequent releases is the first one had the M5 40mm grenade launcher on the nose. They modified the mold so they were all standard Charlie models.

I'm pretty sure the First Cav and Air America were "slicks", and came without the universal mounts.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That be she.

They really should have removed that line strike on top of the cabin.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well I finally scored a Pave hawk so now all I have to do is get a Huey and I'm a happy camper.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Well I finally scored a Pave hawk so now all I have to do is get a Huey and I'm a happy camper.

Awesome score! I have the blackhawk, trouble is with the blades I don't have a good place to put it. Thats why you'll like the huey more when you get one, 2 blades is better than 4

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Until you get at least part of a pickel kit on it it's a PAVE in markings only.