1:18 Helicopters

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's hilarious that what this crap (and in the case of the Supa Kobura that's exactly what it is. :D) will go for, yet people won't pay half that for it at retail.

Maybe toy collectors are mentally retarded.

Tracker

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I miss the heady days of the 00's when 1:18 Helicopters were everywhere!

Here's one that I had in the 80's. I've been looking pic of it and thanks to justincase over at The Corps Forum I have a couple to show off

The one I had, when I was little, was black and had red missle and achin turret. This helicopter is a little different as far as color and the missiles and chin turret are missing, but it is it. If anyone can find it this thing has great custom potential.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Fuck me, it's times like these I realize exactly what prices on this stuff has done in the past few years. I got my Kiowa and Little Birds just a few years ago at a store for retail price.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Here's one that I had in the 80's. I've been looking pic of it and thanks to justincase over at The Corps Forum I have a couple to show off

The one I had, when I was little, was black and had red missle and achin turret. This helicopter is a little different as far as color and the missiles and chin turret are missing, but it is it. If anyone can find it this thing has great custom potential.

I had that black and red ones also, it was my Dragonfly since I never got one of those. I think I still have it somewhere.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Not as far off as a lot of PTE items.

Scale dimensions, its not off by much, but it is more the accurately rendered I laughed at. Alot of the smaller pieces are EXTREMELY thick. Not to mention the stub landing gear:rolleyes:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
At least they put landing gear on them. Hasbro is just as likely to put skis.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I refuse to call those things hasbro makes(atleast recently) helicopters, none the less comparing it to something reasonably well done.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hell, The NAC ain't got any landing apparatus at all. Molded on rear wheels, I think.
I take that back, rolling reverse tricycle with a molded-on tail wheel.

True Story: The PTE AH-6 skids are of a more-accurate length than Bbi's.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Just watch dealing there lately KT. There have been some shiesters as of late. I've been very picky with my dealings.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was talking to the guy before I left there, so it must have been October last.

Just out of the blue PMed me like we were talking about it yesterday.

in 2006 I was working in Elmira New York or just beside it. Anyway the local WallMart had about 15 CIA Hueys on clearance for $10 each. I kick myself everyday for not buying them. I had already purchased the Hog's HEad huey a couple of years before and I didn't see any need to buy another one.
I wish someone would make a D model.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I had that black and red ones also, it was my Dragonfly since I never got one of those. I think I still have it somewhere.

it was neat for molded plastic

cool if you find it i like to see pics of it :)

I found it, my son has done a number on it. I know the canopy and missles are some where in his toy box. Amazing how I can have this intact for 30 years and my son can trash it in a few months!

Attachments

• chopper (800x600).jpg
    chopper (800x600).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 21