Nov 1, 2014
Hi,
this is my 1/18 Maisto Humvee Custom Painted with FOSCO Desert RAL1019
The model cost 45euro about 55 USD.

I was very undecided on which model to buy on scale 1/18
- "BBI" I did not like it very much because there was the roof
- "Unimax" it seemed too plasticky
- "Pte & 21st Century" good product with a good aesthetic
- "MAISTO" very good product, very good aesthetics but like Hummer H1 (H1 bumper and lights)
- "Exoto" very good product but very expensive for what you get

In the end I took the middle road, Maisto 1/18 Humvee...

Some pictures custom Maisto 1/18 Humvee:

PS Help:
I would like to do another Humvee Desert but this time mounting the turret, which brand do you recommend for aesthetics? Except MAISTO.
Thanks

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
PS Help:
I would like to do another Humvee Desert but this time mounting the turret, which brand do you recommend for aesthetics? Except MAISTO.
Thanks

Weekends are slow here. Expect some good responses to this at the start of the week when most of our regulars are on. Someone will break them down pros and cons for you for sure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They all have their pros and cons. I won't be bothering with die cast ones as they aren't intended to work with figures.

21st Century are pretty accurately scaled. The downside is getting figures in the back seat. Come in a variety of configurations.

Bbi did a couple of HMMWVs. These tend to be a happy medium of detail, durability and general usability. You'll need to add glass, though. They tend to be fairly expensive these days.

Unimax, Power Team Elite and the G.I. Joe HMMWV are all pretty toy like.
PTE has multiple variants, and they're released every year for the American Christmas shopping season, so they're available and cheap. Unimax's was only on the shelf a few months. The rear doors do not open, and for what comparable HMMWVs cost on the secondary that's pretty bad. I'm convinced people are buying it for the Jersey barrier.

You'll have to compete with collectors over Joe HMMWVs, so you'll pay more than I feel they're worth.

alexone

Enlisted
Nov 1, 2014
Thanks K-Tiger, thanks for the reply.

- The 21st seems to me aesthetically that is closest to the actual Humvee (except for the front grille invented) ... also has stickers manicured ...
then 21st in the rear doors open but you can not put into action figures?

- BBI aesthetically pleasing but here I can not find many variations, has stickers is positive

- Unimax B.T. toy seems too much then even if you do not open the back doors ... even the wheels are not very nice ...

- PTE is nice, I really do not like the mirror and I'm sorry that does not have the stickers "sling, TP20 etc." attacked while the BBi and 21st YES ...

- Exoto is the most beautiful because it has the quality and detail of MAISTO but the headlights and bumper real HUMVEE, while the Maisto have Hummer H1 light e bumper ... more more money... :(

Now I'm going to look for a photo op of the G.I. Joe Humvee to understand the differences, may opt for the 21st ...

Does anyone have the measurements of length, height and width of the different brands?
I can put those Maisto if interested ...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The rear compartment is pretty cramped on the 21st Century M1025 variant. Smaller figures might be able to get worked into the back.

alexone

Enlisted
Nov 1, 2014
Thanks... the only thing I regret is that the front indicators and back tail lights are of the Hummer H1 and not of the Humvee true ... patience ...

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
This is great! I have Maisto and several from BigLots! World Peacekeepers line. They are nicely scaled and look pretty good, but they are not very durable and definitely need some paint to look accurate. They feel a little lightweight and cheap unpainted. On the upside, they only cost $20.

alexone

Enlisted
Nov 1, 2014
Thanks ...
is for aesthetics, like a belt to tow ... I used an elastic brown

alexone

Enlisted
Nov 1, 2014
Other pic: Action Figure
TIEKA Toy "Ourwar" U.S. Army 101st Air Assault ACU wh M4A1 5.56mm

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

alexone

Enlisted
Nov 1, 2014
you do not have a point ... I found the weapons in 1/18 scale on ebay I should get one ...