1/18th Scale Mi-24 Hind Will Become A Reality !!!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Thanks guys .

I will be using the 9M114 Shturm V missile on the Hind E . These were used in Aphganistan .

These projectiles are in a tube. So that is what you will see on the end pylons 2 inside and out side.

I have one made about 95 % but I need to make the mounting bracket that holds them.

[/quote]

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
A few guys have wanted a few pics for scale of the HIND with figures. I am not sure why because the mongoloid BBI HIND has figure that fir in it as well.

Anyway here are a couple with figs in the cockpit.

They were extremely hard to get in even with out the glass. I am designing the cockpit so the whole frame glass and all will pop on and off so you can fi the figs in.

I also got the vacumeform plug in from Shapeways. Jay had them make the canopy shiny and polished but looks more like Styrofoam.

He is going to have them remake it .

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
feed back time .

PLEASE ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO ARE GETTING THIS PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA PM OR PUBLIC POST.

I have a meeting with my stencil guy this Thursday. We are going to hash out just what I want for him to do.

This is what I am thinking and if you guys want more let me know !!!
1. 3 Russian stars just like the decal sheet
2. Yellow and black warning signs left right
3. Crylic numbers the same style 0-9 x both sides
4. Stick on dial faces in cockpit

As far as the numbers goes I think plain stencils would work. But the warning flash and stars may be a little trickier to use because of the multiple colors in them.

They can be used but a little more work will have to be done. Now , there is another option and this is were I need the feedback. I can have the stars and yellow and black warning flashes made as self adhesive stickers !!! Just peel and stick . Then paint over ( clear ) to make them blend in.

The thickness would be like that of a piece of paper. I am not sure of the pricing you guys will have to choose one or the other. Pricing will determine if I will order one choice or both.

So you guys please speak up.

[/quote]

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
]Is there any interest in the monster B8 V20 Rocket Pod ?

I think this rocket pod was added later in the life O the Mi-24 E .

I am not sure how this can be produced. It would be a lot of work cutting those tubes because I am pretty cure that they could not be casted.

I could have them as an option for Jay to submit it to Sahpeways and you guys can have them printed for yourself . Or I could make the pod body and you guys can cut the 80 or so tubes . That is a lot of tubes

Or just keep with the stock pods that I will provide with the kit.

.[/quote]

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gun pods, rocket pods, exhaust suppressors. All the things!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I got a little work done on the crew cabin. I was able to raise the ceiling about 1/2 inch. You can fit the figures in through the top but they will have to articulate like an Acid Rain figure to pose them. Chance of finding a Spetznaz figure to fit may be a challenge.

Thanks Nick

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
The etching looks really good. How do you do tat so cleanly and evenly...so straight.

Lots of practice !!

.jpg[/img][OK Guys ,

With lots of help from Lee Patterson I have a handle on the Hinds pilot and WSO .

Their flight helmets are similar with the 50 style American helmet. The same helmet that comes with the 104 ( I hope that I can find one )

The major difference are the solar visors USA slides behind a protective cover USSR the visor is external .

Also some typical pilots wore a brown leather bombers jacket and camo pants !!!!

One of my figures in the crew cab picks has a bombers jacket !!!

Combine the upper torso with a Viet par of pants and you have a hind crewman !!!!

Of course with the correct helmet of which I will make.

These guys are waring black leather jackets .

This guy is using the helmet liner only but is waring the brown leather jacket with camo pants

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
What was the final cost again? Totally gonna be worth it I bet.

I have yet to determine the final cost . But I have them up for PRE-SALE NOW @ $300 plus shipping.

Once production starts I will be able to determine the final cost.

Est final cost $350-$450

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Proof of concept.

I am not sure but I am thinking of making 2 figures sitting down ( static ) that can be used for the pilot and WSO with helmet . You supply the head .

Or do you guys want to supply your own ?

What say you all ?

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Thanks Digler

supersonicfifi"]hey pickel i am looking for a long time for this pilot :

BBI Elite Force U s A Helicopter Pilot Soldier Action Figure 3 3 4 " 1 18 | eBay

I don't know why but I think he has a Russian look ....

what do you think ?[/quote]

That would work but he has has a modern Russian look to him.

Kind of like this guy with the Spetnatz under shirt . The helmet he is warring is the modern style . It would totally work with a modern day Hind. Most guys would not know the difference.

Unless you want it I will go ahead and bid on it. LET ME KNOW

IT HAS THE SAME VEST !!!!!

I won it !!!

Let us see how it looks when it comes in.

:D :D :D

Now this brings up another situation.

If this figure does work , or is I use my made up figure . I will make him sitting down and will alter the body legs and feet to fit inside of the cock pit.

That being said I could probably cut and shape the fig to fit inside the cockpit with out going through the floor boards .

Or

I can leave the feet cut outs in the floor as is so you guys building your own can do what ever works for you.

Input welcomed .

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
$300 seems like a very very fair price. Interest piqued! Any idea of a finish date?

It would be nice to have the option of putting our own figures in there.. knowing it'll take some finagling to get them to work.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
$300 seems like a very very fair price. Interest piqued! Any idea of a finish date?

It would be nice to have the option of putting our own figures in there.. knowing it'll take some finagling to get them to work.

I am hoping to have the proto type done by the end of the month.

Then it is mold making time

Remember the $300 is a pre production price . Once the prototype is done the price will go up.

Yes I do take payments if you make a payment now that locks you into the $300 pre-sale.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Real work is kind of slow so I have more time to work on the Hind. I feel that if I can get 3 solid weeks worth of work on the Hind I can wrap it up .

When the proto is done and mold making starts the pre production price will change to the production price .

Est production price $375- $425 . THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS.

Is there anybody on the forum who considers themselves good at soldering ?

If so please contact me.I think that I have the troop cabin done just a little tweaking here and there and it is time to start the exterior !!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Thanks .

Work continues. Just spent all day working out the linkages with the clam doors. They need to be aligned a little more and I need to use a step down in hardware sizes. What I have looks too chunky. An easy fix .

Now I know what I am doing I will make the other side and it should be easier.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
All righty guys . I got the figure in and it will work !! I have to cut off a few tabs and it will be perfect !!! The only thing is the head and helmet are cast in one so I need to grind out the figure head.

The vest is perfect and the Russians used then with/with out shirts underneath like the Americans. The Americans used their flak vests.

I need to shave off those 2 tabs just under the visor .

And the 2 tabs behind the visor and it will be perfect !!

Anybody interested in Mr. Grumpy as the pilot or WSO for one of the figure faces

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
OK Guys after trail and error along with 4 attempts this is what I am going with on the crew door hinge system.

After 4 attempts the glue spots are a little kattywompus but you get the idea .

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Updated price tag on the Hind build .

R and D books --------------------------------------$ 100
3 x 1/35 Trumpeter kits ----------------------------$280
3-D printing cockpit ----------------------------------$240
3-D printing canopies ---------------------------------$100
3-d printed sensor, rocket pod intake and filter-----$55
3-d printing large piece in progress ------------------$ 450
Rear rotor and main rotor hub -------------------------$190
Exaust nozzels ------------------------------------------$ 15
Paint -----------------------------------------------------$100
Nose sensors and armament---------------------------$85
Canopy plug ------------------------------------------$126
Decals------------------------------------------------- $250
Stencils -----------------------------------------------$240
Metal gear-------------------------------------------- $250 ?
RTV and Resin-----------------------------------------$1000 ?

Total--------------------------------------------------$3,481

So far if I sell only 18 units the out of pocket cost on each unit is $193 :shock: :shock:

Update on orders. Keep them coming guys !!!

YT
PVANROY
SALTYMARINE
LEE PATERSON------------Full Build !! The first !!
BLACK DRAGON ONE
COREY-D
TOM EDWARDS X 2 ---2 full builds !!
KERRY MOZINGO
SLOGAN-----------------Full build !!
ROBBIE PIERCE
MORGUHN
JORGE BAHAMONDE X 2 !!
Jay !!!
Daremo
Grunt -----------------full build !!
Aviator Nut -----------Full build !!
Helo Driver
Alf
TOOL
Hellpop
Margra 77

23 kits !!!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Progress on the Hind has been real slow my real job has intensified . I am work about 6 days a week.

I am so close to getting done.

The tail section needs it's vent section and panel lines .
The front fuse needs to be tweacked here and there and panel lines .

I need to get my decals and stencils in they should be done.

I also have gotten another figure . He is less angry looking than the other figure . So now we have a full crew.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I finally got a chance to work on the Hind. I almost have the oust side rocket tube finished with the platform.

I have finished experiment #2 for the rotor hub. This time I used 100% super glue and have the brass skeleton set up to see how it holds up.

I also have the panel lines scribed on the rear boom with some of the vent panels worked in ( no pics on that yet )

Here you go.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Well the super glued main rotor is holding strong.

It is kind of hard to make out the panel lines but they are there .

I need to put 2 anti static nibs on the verticle tail and I will say that the tail boom is a wrap !!!

[/quote]