1/18th Scale Mi-24 Hind Will Become A Reality !!!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Looks sold! Good job!

Are you going to number these anywhere? Would be kind of cool to have it numbered since you only made 40. Like behind a little flap or something.

I could mark them inside of the rear fuselage it will never bee seen unless you open it up.

The 40th sold today !!

The resin is flowing !!!

A pallet full of rubber molds .
These are the main fuselage and tail boom only. :shock: :shock: :shock:

[/quote]

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
That looks like a fun garage!

Except when trying to find something .:crying::crying::crying:

Here is the rear rotor skeleton . Just enough to keep the blades from snapping. Probably would not need it if handled correctly . But just in case
I also started doing this for my Huey rotor copies . Those had a tendency to warp and after placing a wire in the mold that tendency stopped .

Here is the heavy brass skel for the main rotor.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Hey Guys,

Here is an update on the Hind and hopefully the last delay.

I sent Daremo all of the smaller parts including the cargo doors and rocket pod nose cones.

He was having major problems casting them so I had him ship the parts to me .

I received the parts and made my own molds the cargo doors were fine but the nose cones not so much.

I am having the same issue as Daremo .

The first pour a couple of fingers ripped off of the molds for the holes in the pods.

The second pour ALL OF THE HOLE fingers ripped off .

I made a drilling jig so as to re-drill the holes at the tip of the pods and I need to make 2 more jigs for the other 2 layers of holes.

So I am going to have to drill 5,120 holes by hand using my jigs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daremo was also have some family issues that have all been worked out so he is back on the ball .

He is promising me to have 5 complete sets to ship out next week .

I need to get the 5 sets then kit them up and ship.

The way things are working out that may take another 1-2 weeks .

HERE IS SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU ORIGINAL SUPPORTERS OF THIS PROJECT .

I have sold 5 kits on e-bay .

4 of them are past due and one of the buyers have started a case on me.

Before I get 4 cases on me I need to send them their kits .

These kits will be marked 35,36,37,38,39and 40.

YT will get # 1 and so on .

I know this sucks but 2-3 weeks are all I need ( I hope ) and the kits will start to role.

Last Christmas came and went .

I hope to have all Hinds shipped by Christmas this year.

Even the full builds

And now there is a storm in the gulf heading our way.

What kind of delay will this bring about ?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
EvilBay strikes again!

That sucks.. but it is what it is. Always better to not sell on there until you have the product ready to ship. Too many shady people on there these days trying to get something for nothing.

Oh well, keep us updated. Hopefully the storm doesn't do too much to you!

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
Doesn't make sense to sell something that's not in production. Nobody on eBay will cut you any slack and your original backers are the ones that suffer.

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
Sorry to hear that, Shit happens, I'm in no hurry
so don't sweat it, you "always" deliver and the quality
is well worth waiting for, I'm sure you have everyone's
support hear, the wait just makes it more Sweet
when it gets in your hands !!!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
*Re: 1/18th Scale Mi-24 Hind In Production !
margras77 wrote:
Not worried about delays. The fact that you get everything done while being a one-man operation is amazing, Pickelhaube's always delivered and this is a gigantic project.

Yes this is a gigantic project.
To the point of being overwhelmed , but work continues .

Just got back from Kinkos/Fed Ex and the directions are done !!
There may be some gray areas in the directions were multiple pieces were made into one .
There are some area details that were not in the kit ( radio bay behind pilot)

I have abandoned the customized rocket pod nose cones and will be going with the original stock design.
I am still waiting for those to come in from the 3D printer.
YES ANOTHER DELAY.

Daremo was overwhelmed with his small part production but this week his parts will hopefully be on line.
His casting process is very involved with the pressure pot and the cooking of the parts that takes about 2 days to make parts.
So he has made 5 sets of each part and has made gang molds of those parts.
So he will be making 5 sets for one pour .
This is great but he has had to make 2 full sets of molds and those 5 sets have taken weeks to make.

I have always been able to go to different places and pick up shipping boxes for free.
But the large size of this project may require that I purchase the shipping boxes.
I have not charged anyone for shipping and handling as of yet.
The soon to be purchased boxes are the handling part.

I have purchased 6 gallons kits ( 12 gallons) of resin and it looks like I will be needing 6 more kits to finish the 41 Hind kits.
That is the reason for going to E-bay for more sales .
There is a possibility I may have to sale 2 more kits there to pay for the resin.
Time will tell if I have to do that .

We are at it and every free hour I get is spent working on this project.

Except yesterday watching the Saints win in a roller coaster of a game against the Lions.
Man what a game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
OK looks like I got the hang of smugmug .

Here is plan B for the rocket cones . I am casting these as is and I am making a solid cone to fit inside of it to block the see through.

Pilot and WSO patiently waiting for this project to ship .

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Those turned out pretty good.. what was the problem with Plan A?

Me and Daremo cast the cones the way I made them with holes for the rockets .

When we tried to cast the part the rubber fingers would tear out and no more hole left. FAILER

So I tried to make a drilling jig but they holes were not perfect. ANOTHER FAILER

So I had Jay make more cone the way they were made original. The issue with this is that the rocket cones are see through.

So I made little cones to fit in the rocket cone.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Here is the latest Hind update .

Full disclosure .

Apprx 4-5 months ago I sent the small parts out to have them made by another guy.

I gave him about $200 or so to pay for the resin and RTV

At the time everything was hunky dory.

Fast forward 2-3 months he did not touch the project because he was having family issues .

2 months ago he promised me that he would have 6 sets for me ready to ship on that Friday.

No sets show up and he does not answer the phone.

This goes on for 3-4 weeks not answering the phone and no reply to texting.

3 weeks ago he finally picked up and said that he will send everything that he has back to me.
Including the molds that he did make.

I get everything back and he was able to make a few parts.

The parts he made were beautiful !!

But not enough for a kit .

So I convinced him to try and finish this project with me and I gave him another $100 as an incentive and shipped the molds back to him .

He said that he should be able to send the first order " next week".

That week goes by no response no answer to texting.

Last week he finally pics up and said that he will get back on it but does not know when he can ship.

This week I have gotten a gallon unit of RTV and will be making those small parts.

I basically have wasted 6 months waiting for him to make the parts.

6 months waiting for parts just pizzed away.

So I am back to square one and have about 1/2 the molds made that I need for the small parts and by this weekend they will all have been made.

Work allowing next week I think that I will have the parts to ship.

I am angry about this situation , and your patience is truly appreciated.

So this is the broken record saying just another 2 weeks.

This time I have control on the situation and it will be NO LATER THAN 2 WEEKS .

Hopefully less.

Matthew

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Gotta have thick skin Pick. Not many will understand how hard it is to get stuff like this, out for others. It is a monumental task and can only be taken up by the people with the talent, skills, time, money, and patience. An analogy could be, firing a rocket into space and landing it on something.....sounds easy right?.....but it aint.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
No worries.. I'm pretty confidant no one will die if they don't get their Hind by a certain date. We're all just excited to see it finally come to fruition (Now if it was an A-10...!).

As Eddie said.. the casting community.. whew, lads. Talk about a bad reputation. I don't know if there is something in the chemicals or what.. but they seem to have the worst health/luck/family issues I've ever seen.

Hellpop

The Unwashed
Sep 8, 2016
No worries, Pick.

I, for one, appreciate the communication and hope everyone here is understanding of the situation.

The buyers from eBay? Not quite sure about that one, but hope they're not causing you grief.

Anyway, happy Veterans Day to all!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
No worries, Pick.

I, for one, appreciate the communication and hope everyone here is understanding of the situation.

Thanks Hellpop.

Finally some good news.

The first batch of kits should go out today or Tuesday.

Recipients have been contacted and I will post the shipping costs.

If I have not contacted you for your address , yours is not ready to be shipped.

Once I get the Ebay buyers wrapped up , I will be going down the list.

Unfortunately you multiple buyers will get only one kit at this time .

Hopefully the next batch of kits will go out next week .

I will contact you for your mailing address .

IF YOU DO NOT CONTACT ME WITH YOUR MAILING ADDRESS AT TIME OF SHIPPING ,
YOU WILL GET BUMPED FOR THE NEXT GUY DOWN THE LIST.

REMEMBER I WILL CONTACT YOU FIRST.

Once the last kit is shipped full builds will commence.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Post from Grunt

Hey gang, I was so worried about my Hind that I flew down to New Orleans to check in on it personally!

Just kidding, I was there doing some research at the National WWII museum and had the honor and privilege of meeting the actual Mr. and Mrs. Picklehaube in person. They treated me to a excellent shrimp dinner and I got to hold a hind in my own hands.

This thing is a beast! Both in size, scale and sheer part quantity. I believe it would be fair to say it’s the most extensive 1:18 scale production done so far outside of those multi-thousand dollar eastern European wizards.

Pickle was kind enough to let me take a few photos of the Hind factory. Pickle's shop reminded me of the photos you occasionally see posted of a WWII factory production line.

Pickle said it was ok to post there pics so here you go![/quote]

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Pick, on evilbay, it saying that this is a BBI product....we all know its not. BBI 21st Century 1/18th Scale Resin Mi-24 Hind Model Kit BBI 21st Century 1/18th Scale Resin Mi-24 Hind Model Kit Guy's are starting to say that this might be a scam. We know you are not a scam... Just giving you a heads up....... I don't like it when my brothers get dissed for working so hard on something like this.....

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Here is the direct eBay link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192216061619?rmvSB=true

Yeah "BBI 21st Century" is kind of weird, but a lot of people do that for search engine hits or to make it show up easier.

Technically a "BBI 21st Century" brand doesn't exist, and the description doesn't read as if he's trying to pass it off as one of their products so I think it's fine.

Personally I'd probably re-word it as something like:

1/18th Scale Resin Mi-24 Hind Model Kit similar to BBI 21st Century

Or something. It's a sold auction so I don't think it matters too much at this point.

Looking forward to seeing the final things Pickel!

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Here is the direct eBay link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192216061619?rmvSB=true

Yeah "BBI 21st Century" is kind of weird, but a lot of people do that for search engine hits or to make it show up easier.

Technically a "BBI 21st Century" brand doesn't exist, and the description doesn't read as if he's trying to pass it off as one of their products so I think it's fine.

Personally I'd probably re-word it as something like:

1/18th Scale Resin Mi-24 Hind Model Kit similar to BBI 21st Century

Or something. It's a sold auction so I don't think it matters too much at this point.

Looking forward to seeing the final things Pickel!

The link I provided is completely different than this one. Its says SHOP KOREA while not saying that it is a sold auction.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, and when you click on the "details" button on ShopKorea (whatever the hell that is) it takes you to the actual, completed, auction.

I don't know why ShopKorea is behind the times, but you can't blame Pickel for their stupid website.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Yeah, and when you click on the "details" button on ShopKorea (whatever the hell that is) it takes you to the actual, completed, auction.

I don't know why ShopKorea is behind the times, but you can't blame Pickel for their stupid website.

Nope I don't blame Pick....just giving him a heads up on it....like I said some think its a scam. I have been defending him on FB....don't like it when someone says shitty stuff about something so cool. Just doing my part to protect the integrity of the community.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, and that's a good thing!

I don't think Pickel has any more units for actual sale right now though, so hopefully that ShopKorea site takes it down, even though you can't buy any through it.

Hopefully all the scam nonsense will go away once people get the units in their hands. Can't wait to see some painted/finished models.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Well the reason I put up BBI and 21st Century is that is what people do when they are selling their 1/18th scale planes .

Almost everyone does it.

Check out e-bay .

Now why would anyone have anything to say about that ?

It is done all of the time so why should I not be able to do it.

People just have too much time on their hands.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I just shipped out 6 kits and the average price was $30 counting shipping materials .

So when I contact you please send $30 via paypal , check or money order.

Thanks guys.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Well the reason I put up BBI and 21st Century is that is what people do when they are selling their 1/18th scale planes .

Almost everyone does it.

Check out e-bay .

Now why would anyone have anything to say about that ?

It is done all of the time so why should I not be able to do it.

People just have too much time on their hands.

Fair enough....... I have learned my lesson sir. Now I have to go and apologize to a number of people because I didn't think you would deceive like that.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Fair enough....... I have learned my lesson sir. Now I have to go and apologize to a number of people because I didn't think you would deceive like that.

What ?

Deceive ??????????????????

When someone is looking for 1/18 scale on ebay they will search for BBI 21st and so on .

My kit would have come up.

If they would have searched for Pickelhaube Customs , what do you think will happen ?

I will do the work for you.

Click on this

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...stoms.TRS0&_nkw=+pickelhaube+customs&_sacat=0

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
I’m pretty sure I know the caster you used, I got the same BS from him, few years ago, he stoled my money, my custom part, n never did shit, same crap, family BS, dog died, sister died, blah blah blah, Frigen guy was an A$$hole, if it’s the same guy, it’s crap like that that can ruin your reputation, I’m a General contractor and if I treated my customers that way I’d be broke!
You Mr Pickle, regardless of this delay are a true Man of his word, and a MASTER CRAFSTMEN ! And maybe even a Genious LOL !
I’ll contact you later about my project as I know your swamped, hang in there man we All know you’ll deliver the BEST IN THE WORLD !!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I’m pretty sure I know the caster you used, I got the same BS from him, few years ago, he stoled my money, my custom part, n never did shit, same crap, family BS, dog died, sister died, blah blah blah, Frigen guy was an A$$hole, if it’s the same guy, it’s crap like that that can ruin your reputation, I’m a General contractor and if I treated my customers that way I’d be broke!
You Mr Pickle, regardless of this delay are a true Man of his word, and a MASTER CRAFSTMEN ! And maybe even a Genious LOL !
I’ll contact you later about my project as I know your swamped, hang in there man we All know you’ll deliver the BEST IN THE WORLD !!

Thanks Salty

YT-----------------------------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
PVANROY------------------ x 2
SALTYMARINE-------------Full build !!
LEE PATERSON------------Full Build !! The first !! Green on tan
BLACK DRAGON ONE -----Full Build !! Modern green on light gray
COREY-D
TOM EDWARDS X 4 ---3 full builds !!!!!!!!!!!!! 1x Brown on tan
KERRY MOZINGO
SLOGAN-----------------Full build !! Brown on tan
ROBBIE PIERCE
MORGUHN
JORGE BAHAMONDE X 2 !! Pm
Jay !!!
Grunt -----------------full build !!
Helo Driver
Alf
TOOL
Hellpop
Margras 77------------Full build 11 Green on tan
C130IM X 2 !!!
Keith B
Harden Steel------------Full build !! Green on gray
NSA----------------------Full build !!! Green on Gray
Bird Dog
Rschaap
Nash
Fred D ( e-bay )-------------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Darren from Canada
Ron L (e-bay )----------------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Brian W (e-bay)--------------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Joseph A (e-bay)------------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
John L (e-bay)---------------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Lance (e-bay)
Feris from Mexico
Xavier (e-bay)

42 kits !!!

13 full builds !!![/quote]

ON DECK

PLEASE HAVE YOUR ADDRESS ON YOUR PAYPAL ( STATE THAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR SHIPPING ON THE HIND)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR $30 FOR SHIPPING.

Pvanroy
Corey-D
Robbie Pierce
Morguhn
Lance (ebay ) shipping paid

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
OK

I trying to get these guys out for Wendsday

Pvanroy
Corey-D
Robbie Pierce
Morguhn
Lance (ebay ) shipping paid
Xavier (e-bay) shipping paid

Please send your address and $30 for shipping now.

Please state what you are paying for on paypal.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUXMzkh-jI[/ame]

On deck.

JORGE BAHAMONDE X 1
Jay !!!
Helo Driver
Alf
TOOL

Sorry guys these will be the last guys before Christmas .

If I can get them out .

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
One of the pretty well respected casters took my money for a set of original 1:12 scale heads he was offering and then vanished until last week when he said he was having family problems. He also said he could not give us our money back. I'm in no rush and I think he'll come through eventually, but it's frustrating. I can only imagine when you're depending on someone to help you fulfill promises you made to others!

Tell the eBay complainers to come to this forum. We'll set them straight. I assume you also sent them photos of the partially completed hinds so they know they're at least real. I so wish I had bought into this project when I had the money. Now I'm shit broke.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
One of the pretty well respected casters took my money for a set of original 1:12 scale heads he was offering and then vanished until last week when he said he was having family problems. He also said he could not give us our money back. I'm in no rush and I think he'll come through eventually, but it's frustrating. I can only imagine when you're depending on someone to help you fulfill promises you made to others!

Tell the eBay complainers to come to this forum. We'll set them straight. I assume you also sent them photos of the partially completed hinds so they know they're at least real. I so wish I had bought into this project when I had the money. Now I'm shit broke.

Thanks Preacher !!

Wednesday came and went. I trying to get these guys out Today or Tues .

My real work has stepped up for the holidays and the time is in a crunch to get these things out.

Pvanroy--------SHIPPED
Corey-D--------SHIPPED
Robbie Pierce---SHIPPED
Morguhn--------bumped
Lance (ebay ) SHIPPED
Xavier (e-bay) SHIPPED

On deck.

JORGE BAHAMONDE X 1 self deferred
Jay !!!
Helo Driver
Alf
TOOL

Please send your address and $30 for shipping NOW .

Please state what you are paying for on paypal.

Sorry guys these will be the last kits before Christmas .

If I can get them out .

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
On Deck .

Jay !!!----------------Defered
Helo Driver
Alf--------------------Shipping paid
TOOL

Please pay your $30 now.

I sent a kit to Belgium and it cost $67.45 .

All the boxes are the same.

These will be the last kits to go out before the holidays.

If payment for shipping is not received or if you choose to defer by next Monday your order will be bumped to the next guy in line.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Hey Guys,

With the end of the year quickly approaching .

I will give you the latest semi update.

My son is in town for the Holidays and I would like to take a couple of weeks off of the HIND .

Believe me I do need a break from it. I am starting to dream of being in my shop pouring pieces all night long.

That my friends is a NIGHTMARE.

I would like to thank 3 special people who have helped out with this project in so many ways .

First is Jay .

Without his 3D skills this project would never have gotten started.

2nd is T-bird

Without his financial backing and support this project would have been stalled.

3rd is Grunt

In the 11th hour his 3D skills input saved the day on the rocket pods and other pieces going into the hundreds .

And thank you to the other 40 supporters who have invested your time and money in the making of this project.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
No worries :) We'll all be here (hopefully) when you're done!

I can't think of any valid reason why someone would NEED this by a certain date. It's a hobby and it should be for fun! Looking forward to it when it gets here eventually though for sure.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Time for an update
[BGCOLOR=transparent]I have separated the orders kits and Full builds to make a shipping tally.

YT------------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
PVANROY------------------ x 2 ----------------------x1---SHIPPED
COREY-D----------------------------------------------SHIPPED
ROBBIE PIERCE---------------------------------------SHIPPED
MORGUHN---------------------------------------------BUMPED
JORGE BAHAMONDE X 2 !! Pm-----------------------SELF DEFERED
Jay !!!--------------------------------------------------SELF DEFERED
Helo Driver---------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Alf------------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Hellpop-------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
TOOL---------------------------------------------------SHIPPED
C130IM X 2 !!!-----------------------------------------OD X 1
Keith B--------------------------------------------------0D
Bird Dog------------------------------------------------OD
Rschaap
Nash
Darren from Canada
Feris from Mexico
Fred D ( e-bay )----------------------------------------SHIPPED
Ron L (e-bay )------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Brian W (e-bay)----------------------------------------SHIPPED
Joseph A (e-bay)---------------------------------------SHIPPED
John L (e-bay)------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Lance (e-bay)-------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Xavier (e-bay)------------------------------------------SHIPPED
Greg ( e-bay )------------------------------------------OD

FULL BUILDS

SALTYMARINE-------------Full build !!
LEE PATERSON------------Full Build !! The first !! Green on tan --Cold War
BLACK DRAGON ONE -----Full Build !! Green on light gray--------Modern
TOM EDWARDS X 5 ---3 full builds !!!!!!!!!!!!! 1x Brown on tan Afghan War
KERRY MOZINGO---------Full build ?
SLOGAN-----------------Full build !! Brown on tan-----------------Afghan War
Grunt -----------------full build !!
Margras 77------------Full build !! Green on tan-------------------Cold War
Harden Steel------------Full build !! Green on gray----------------Modern
NSA----------------------Full build !!! Green on Gray--------------Modern
Fue ( ebay)--------------Full build !! Green on tan.----------------Cold War
C130IM-------------------Full Build !!green on Gray----------------Modern[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=rgb(52, 52, 52)] [/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=transparent]

[BGCOLOR=rgb(52, 52, 52)] [/BGCOLOR]

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
You're alive!!

What does OD mean? Good job getting those all shipped.. that couldn't have been easy!

Do you have any pictures of people's assembled and painted helicopters?

Do you have a rough ETA for the full builds being completed?