Anybody still collecting SW on here?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Lol! Yup! I'm so hoping for that female bounty hunter!! I know she's expanded universe,but I want another!! I sold mine for top dollar

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
The butthurt is strong online! All those people clutching their $150 vintage line anitosa or whatever her name is,is crying she's getting a repack at retail!! Lolz!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Any word on new figures? I'm re-watching The Force Awakens and remembered some stuff that would be cool in figure form.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
My boys and I found the newest wave of rogue one at target last night. I have to admit even tho he is 5 poa the Krennic is awesome.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Wally has the R1 black series 4". Only two figs from the movie and several ROTJ guys.. a good wave though. No prequel crap.

Yes, ROTJ Lando, Ackbar and Imperial Red Guard are all great additions to the 4 inch Star Wars line.

I have continued to maintain my original trilogy collection with these.

Seeing the upcoming 6" Snowtrooper and AT-AT Driver looks promising.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I saw the new 3.75 Black series SW figures at WM yesterday. Jyn Erso looks nice, but she's just too dam small, I've got enough shorty females as it is.

garrison99

Star Wars Freak
Founder
Jul 23, 2011
A Galaxy Far Far Away
I love SW, except for the prequels. Those goddamn things suck, and the re-remastered OT, Jesus Christ. Ewoks don't blink, Vader doesn't scream NO, and G$DD#MN Greddo...Rogue One and Ep7 were AWESOME!!!!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Seems I've got quite the 5poa SW collection going on!

I also have an old man Han,and a red alien dude. My favorite is the tan Luke. his face is hilarious! like someone just told him the chick he's been bangin'&dumpin' em' off in is his sister! :trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It is true! I bought one at Walmart this afternoon!!!

Looks like someone shouldn't have drug their heels, eh? *doh*

Still, if you want to get rid of that Squdward minifigure (green skin, tan shirt) LMK.

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
So of course, the local Wal-mart needed to make me eat my fucking words. I don't know what the hell happened, but now the place is swimming in a back log of 3.75" Black Series figures. I saw at least five Ashoka's, a few Death Troopers, and even managed to find a couple figures of Captain "Bashed and Trashed" Phasma.

There are literally more Black Series figures there are basic assorted figures. Like, what the fuck even? What makes it even more infuriating is that there's too many, but they're all still full price, meanwhile the 6" figures on sale right now. A 6" figure only costs 3 more dollars than a 3.75" one. It's like the Black Series 3.75" figures exist only to convince collectors and parents to buy the other figure lines instead, like a $13 deterrence.

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
So of course, the locak Wal-mart needed to make me eat my fucking words. I don't know what the hell happened, but they the place is swimming in a back log of 3.75" Black Series figures. I saw at least five Ashoka's, a few Death Troopers, and even managed to find a couple figures of Captain "Bashed and Trashed" Phasma.

There are literally more Black Series figures there are basic assorted figures. Like, what the fuck even? What makes it even more infuriating is that there's too many, but they're all still full price, meanwhile the 6" figures on sale right now. A 6" figure only costs 3 more dollars than a 3.75" one. It's like the Black Series 3.75" figures exist only to convince collectors and parents to buy the other figure lines instead, like a $13 deterrence.

Mine is the same.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, stopped in WM this morning, and it was brimming with 4" BS. My first reaction was that they ordered a full palate to stock for x-mas and they arrived late. WTF. Now they will still be rotting there this time next year.

For a company so numbers-driven, with just-in-time restocking and every conceivable metric and analytic about when to stock and how much, they are a hot mess when it comes to toy selection, stocking, pricing, and clearing out the old stuff. If I had their data, I'd have a Watson-esque computer that knows when you're looking for a figure before you do, and I'd make sure the store had one.

WTF Mattel!

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Hahaha, yeah, I know.

Eddie and I have a running thing where we blame everything on Mattel because they suck so hard, even stuff that has nothing to do with them. Toys, politics, natural disasters... it's probably Mattel's fault. "WTF Mattel" is the go-to tagline. It's like how everyone around here misspells "multiple" as "mutable". Just one of our idiosyncrasies.

I may look dumb, but that's just a disguise ;)

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, stopped in WM this morning, and it was brimming with 4" BS. My first reaction was that they ordered a fell palate to stock for x-mas and they arrived late. WTF. Now they will still be rotting there this time next year.

For a company so numbers-driven, with just-in-time restocking and every conceivable metric and analytic about when to stock and how much, they are a hot mess when it comes to toy selection, stocking, pricing, and clearing out the old stuff. If I had their data, I'd have a Watson-esque computer than knows when you're looking for a figure before you do, and I'd make sure the store had one.

WTF Mattel!

Should ask Delete.. err Ewok about how that works!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I got the cartoon leia figure! What a piece of shit:trollface:

It literally is 5 pieces of plastic,and the grapple accessory is actually less shitty then the figure! I know it's off of the cartoon,and looks that way for that reason...it's just poorly made! It's torso us a solid block,it's arms&legs are solid pieces. It has almost no details,and to make it worse I had to heat it up,and bend the legs to make it stand. in the 80's there where better toys in the coin operated machines for 25¢. At $7.50 hasbro should be ashamed of themselves! there should be several of them in one box at this price!!

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Entertainment earth has cheap Imperial Navy officers $5 in case anyone is looking to bolster their ranks.

I got 4 of them for my Death Star, plus a bunch of other clearance stuff I kind of wanted but didn't want to pay full price for.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I bet it stands better than the Hasbro junk walker too.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I got the cartoon leia figure! What a piece of shit:trollface:

It literally is 5 pieces of plastic,and the grapple accessory is actually less shitty then the figure! I know it's off of the cartoon,and looks that way for that reason...it's just poorly made! It's torso us a solid block,it's arms&legs are solid pieces. It has almost no details,and to make it worse I had to heat it up,and bend the legs to make it stand. in the 80's there where better toys in the coin operated machines for 25¢. At $7.50 hasbro should be ashamed of themselves! there should be several of them in one box at this price!!

It's pretty much why this hobby has been less than appealing. Hasbro is the only company that even makes most things these days, so they don't have to try because there's no real competition.