Anybody still collecting SW on here?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Actually saw a 3.75" Black Series Kylo Ren the other day, so TFA Black figures are out there.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
We should hope so. Chick Stormtrooper survives until at least Ep. VIII.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I visit relatives in TX almost every x-mas, and I always have great luck finding stuff in Houston, Brownsville, and passing through Louisiana.

To this day, a Brownsville WM is the only time I ever a saw a Vintage Series Gamorrean Guard in the wild, and I found six of them at once. They had probably 40 full pegs of SW figures, the biggest modern display I'd ever seen, like something out of the 1980's. I just went through them all, including multiple cases of that hard-to-find ROTJ wave. It was glorious. Now I always toy-hunt in TX, even when I'm not looking for anything.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I visit relatives in TX almost every x-mas, and I always have great luck finding stuff in Houston, Brownsville, and passing through Louisiana.

To this day, a Brownsville WM is the only time I ever a saw a Vintage Series Gamorrean Guard in the wild, and I found six of them at once. They had probably 40 full pegs of SW figures, the biggest modern display I'd ever seen, like something out of the 1980's. I just went through them all, including multiple cases of that hard-to-find ROTJ wave. It was glorious. Now I always toy-hunt in TX, even when I'm not looking for anything.

The Wally Worlds in small towns can be a real gold mine. Lampasas has been particularly good to me.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
And they really can't blame the cost of raw materials and transportation from china anymore, as crude oil prices are around the same place when 4" figures were $7 a few years ago. Is this gouging? Chinese labor cost up that much? Licensing fees doubled under Disney? Really, what factors are making prices this nuts?

Ten years ago, 6" figures were $10. Now, thanks to MOTUC, $20 for Marvel Legends seems "cheap". Real wages have not increased in fifteen years, but action figures prices are climbing at about 7% annually over that span. That's worse than skyrocketing college tuition.

Soon, only the 1%ers will be able to afford toys with more than 5 POA...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
There will be tax-subsidies for the 99% on the government run action figure supplement exchange, cheapfigs.gov. It'll help you out, but there is a high probability of your identity being stolen. Kinda like Funpub!

You will be able to get better articulated figures, but you won't get to choose your character, just a random selection from Iron Man, Cap, or Spidey. If you meet your $500 deductible.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
Could someone please help me getting a couple star wars black series walmart exclusive 3,75 inches stormtroopers first order and a kylo ren?

I will compensate you for your time and gas. Or can help you with something that can be found here in Europe and cannot be found in the US.

I am not sure if and when these figs are coming to Europe anytime soon and cannot wait any longer.

if interested pm me. many thanks in advance! :D

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I have only seen 3 of the 6" figures and not a single 3.75 Black series since Force Friday. I've never experienced toys that are so hard to get. Thank goodness I no longer have to have them considering I'd be furious if I actually still collected.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
I have only seen 3 of the 6" figures and not a single 3.75 Black series since Force Friday. I've never experienced toys that are so hard to get. Thank goodness I no longer have to have them considering I'd be furious if I actually still collected.

I see thanks for the update... All I can find here is the 5 POA crap... I believe that the black series movie figures will be someday also released but after christmas and after the hype calms down. Now they unload the 5 POA crap...
Which is the hasbro - retailers logic... when the movie is out, we full the pegs with crap and afterwards, months after the movie we put out thegood stuff (kinda like gi joe retaliation and ultimate wave)...

There is a profit-based explanation for sure, but I really dont care.

I have ebay as last resort of course, but I am not willing to pay such inflated prices and overcharged shipping cost (even taken into account fees of paypal and ebay)

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The figures are too damn expensive in the stores, much less the secondary market. I just wanted a 6" Rey with BB8 for my daughter and never saw anyone but Finn, Chewy and once I saw Poe. Even the 5 POA pegs are barren.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
The figures are too damn expensive in the stores, much less the secondary market. I just wanted a 6" Rey with BB8 for my daughter and never saw anyone but Finn, Chewy and once I saw Poe. Even the 5 POA pegs are barren.

on the contrary... in Greece the pegs are full with all black series 6 inches.

Lots of Finn and Chewy... also Kylo, Poe, Stormtrooper, I even saw Palpatine, classic stormtrooper, solo and luke in stormtrooper disguise...

The thing is that here nobody is buying that stuff... no money and no interest...

so, these will remain on the pegs forever until they remove them (dont know what happen next .. send them back??) ... there is no such thing as clearance here... is forbidden by the law.

so...is hasbro to blame? is the retail stores? go figure...

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
They do have clearance in Germany.
Did you try Metro?
Next time you are in Germany you should check there.

The problem with the Walmart 3.75 inch Black Series is they seem to be harder to find especially the Stormtroopers.
I could get you a Poe & Finn but the others are already gone.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
They do have clearance in Germany.
Did you try Metro?
Next time you are in Germany you should check there.

The problem with the Walmart 3.75 inch Black Series is they seem to be harder to find especially the Stormtroopers.
I could get you a Poe & Finn but the others are already gone.

thanks so much! I know about Germany, I am no longer there... I ve returned to Greece. Even in Germany though the clearance I ve seen was nothing like the one in the USA. Probably 10% discount or something like that. For example, I have heard that schleich animal nursery and castle were sold for $15 and $20... thats impossible here in Germany, France or Greece. Or maybe I wasnt looking to the right places or there wasnt any real clearance in the stuff I was interested in.

I am mostly interested in the stormtroopers, kylo ren and leia. But thanks for your kind offer. Much appreciated.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I saw a pair of 3.75 BS Kylo Ren's the other day. Leia as well.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I must live in a Star Wars hotbed then because I'm at Target or Walmart once or twice a week and have not seen any of the desirables since the went on sale over 2 months ago. I would have never started collecting Joes or SW if shit was always this way. I just thought Hasbro had nit been producing much. Crazy.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Still no 3.75 black series here...and I think the one store that actually had a peg has now had the peg REMOVED!

I'm getting to the point where I'll have to start asking for help. :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I guess after the holidays I'm gonna need to go find a Guavian Enforcer. Thinking I could either unfuck its shit articulation (to a point) or use a part(s) to make a Japanese-based Acid Rain trooper.

Oh, and does anyone have a Vintage Collection/Saga Dengar backpack kickin' around?

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I just found out last week that Hasbro still made 3.75" Black Series figures, I just never see them because I don't go to Wal-Mart. I'll have to keep an eye out, but I have to say at $13 each with about 3 figures per wave sold exclusively at one retailer, Hasbro has done a poor job satisfying adult collectors. I get that the basic figures are for kids and all, but this 6" stuff had no precedence and came out of nowhere and there's no reason for anyone to get those. They're more expensive and are out of scale with everything I have. As much as I complain about how Joe fans have been screwed over the past few years, 3.75" Star Wars fans have been bunched in the dick so much that at this point they can't even feel it anymore. It mourns my heart with a monotonous languor.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
And these are the Black series-3.75-highly articulated figures...right? And Poe and Finn are wearing the "street clothes"?