Articulated Icons 1:12 figures

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Not sure how I completely missed this KS, but I placed a pre-order for five figures at The Fwoosh.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1764488827/articulated-icons-the-feudal-series-ninja-action-f

Articulated Icons: Painted FEP Samples | The Fwoosh

Anyone that's into Marvel Legends/ DCUC/ NECA/ other 6" figures should give these a look. They aren't cheap, but if the final product is close to the final engineering prototypes, they're going to be outstanding.

Despite missing the KS pricing, I'm almost glad I didn't know about these earlier b/c I would have been going nuts waiting on them. They can't come out soon enough.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've been kinda-sorta been following the saga of these around the net. Ninjas aren't something I'm gonna go out of outside of my scale preference over, especially at the price point, but there are some cool things going on with this one.

The samurai trigger the shit out of my inner rivet-counter. :trollface:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
There is no question that they're trying to hit every ninja/samurai/kung-fu button out there. Gotta have broad appeal to make something like this work.

Still, Storm Shadow and the red ninjas hardly need anything more than faction logos.... They'll look killer next to the upcoming revoltech Spider-Man :).... And while I didn't order it, how great would that Temple Guardian (Silver Samurai) look with a ML wolverine?!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Some "reviews" by some of the folks involved. Overall, I'm impressed. I ordered a half-dozen figures, and I'm more excited about these than anything else on the horizon at the moment. If they can make this a success, I have to imagine that a military line might be an attractive option for another line down the road.

Articulated Icons: Sh?ken Heroic Martial Artist Video and Quick Pics | The Fwoosh

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRwj_j3orWo[/ame]

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Meh. Too much $$$ for something like this. Basically asking import prices for generic figures.

If they were mass produced and more affordable, I'd gladly purchase a bunch.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Eh, I agree that they're not cheap by any measure, but they're on par price-wise with any other non-mass-market 6" figures. And they're cheaper than 6" revoltech, figuarts, etc.

My interest is primarily the figures that can integrate with my ML collection or be easily customized into 6" Joes... and there are several that fall into that lazy-bastard category. It's almost too easy.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Awesome looking figures. Kinda unfortunate that they are on the smaller side. Though :)racist: ), they are Asian, soooooo...

Stimulant

Enlisted
Aug 28, 2017
currently Malaysia
Athena statue Dio review, fantastic for Gi Joe,acid rain, vitruvian hacks, mythic legions, articulated icons etc. -Awesome!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXA9JCfHiK8&feature=youtu.be[/ame]