Assorted Dio Shots by Fled74

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Part of a short dio-story here: http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=3152

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Thanks again, guys. :D

You do some really nice work, wish I had your skills.

I wish I had your skills at casting and customizing. I can't wait to get the casts I ordered from you - they will make their way onto my customs and into my dio photos. So you'll actually be helping me accomplish the shots I wanna take. :)

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Larger version of my Sept. banner entry.

MI6 agents Cate Archer and James Bond have managed to steal the nuclear launch codes, and are about to exit the enemy's secret facility hidden under his mansion.

Closer view of the agents.
Bond is simply a "Golden Compass" Lord Asriel head on an "A-Team" Faceman body.
Cate Archer is made from SDS resin parts (head and torso), ROC Scarlett arms, Ren Scarlett thighs, and ROC Baroness lower legs. She's supposed to be wearing dark nylons, but I couldn't find bare upper legs on short notice.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice, I need to incorp more civilian hitman looking figs into my story.

Sweet looking characters

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
can i fly out to australia and use your dios sometime :)

I don't have any permanent dios, unfortunately. I usually set things up on my workbench, or outside, take a bunch of photos, then tear everything down again. Having worked in theatrical scenery, I've learned to work quickly.

But you're more than welcome to fly out here and meet my pet spiders and snakes. :D

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
No One Lives Forever (and it's sequel, are terrific games)

Love your custom mucho.

gaaway

Enlisted
May 14, 2011

MI6 agents Cate Archer and James Bond have managed to steal the nuclear launch codes, and are about to exit the enemy's secret facility hidden under his mansion.

Cate Archer is made from SDS resin parts (head and torso), ROC Scarlett arms, Ren Scarlett thighs, and ROC Baroness lower legs. She's supposed to be wearing dark nylons, but I couldn't find bare upper legs on short notice.
I should have known when I voted for the 3rd dio for the September Banner it was yours. This part of the forum has become my top spot to visit before I go any place else. You are truly the master of the "one shot on the spot dioes". Just 1 question: where can I find your Lara Craft custom figure on the forum?

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I should have known when I voted for the 3rd dio for the September Banner it was yours. This part of the forum has become my top spot to visit before I go any place else. You are truly the master of the "one shot on the spot dioes". Just 1 question: where can I find your Lara Craft custom figure on the forum?

Thanks man!
The original Lara thread is here: http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=1642 (posted on Sept 24, 2011)

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis

Awesome work!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I was going crazy not being able to do dio setups outside, so I did this quickly on my workbench last night.
While my phone's camera is awesome, it doesn't do night shots very well (or maybe I'm doing it wrong).
Them's the breaks, I guess.

I edited this shot on my phone's built-in photo editor.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I forgot I'd taken these behind-the-scenes pics:

The desktop setup of our current banner - just baking soda sprinkled on styrofoam. Snake Eyes has a piece of toothpick stuck in the peg hole in his foot, to keep him standing.

Here's the one from my October entry - fake fur "grass", cardboard gravestones, and a plastic plant.
I used a desk lamp with a blue T-shirt draped over it for ambient lighting, a green Nerf tac light for side lighting, and a small pocket flashlight for back lighting.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Here's the one from my October entry - fake fur "grass", cardboard gravestones, and a plastic plant.
I used a desk lamp with a blue T-shirt draped over it for ambient lighting, a green Nerf tac light for side lighting, and a small pocket flashlight for back lighting.

Definitley reminiscent of the original Night of the Living Dead.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I forgot I'd taken these behind-the-scenes pics:

The desktop setup of our current banner - just baking soda sprinkled on styrofoam. Snake Eyes has a piece of toothpick stuck in the peg hole in his foot, to keep him standing.

Very Cool seeing the behind the scenes!

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Just a quick desktop dio shot of my new Retaliation Lady Jaye.

Her face doesn't look bad from the right side, but any other angle shows the puffy-looking sculpt and Jay Leno chin. I'm definitely gonna need to work on that.

Last edited:

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Just a few quick desktop dio shots of my new Retaliation Lady J[[/B]aye.

Can you gun nuts tell what this weapon is supposed to be? Looks like a tacticooled M4 or 416 to my untrained eye.

Her face doesn't look bad from the right side, but any other angle shows the puffy-looking sculpt and Jay Leno chin. I'm definitely gonna need to work on that.

In my opinion, one of the only highlights of the figure is the nicely painted weaponry

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Love the behind the scenes shots!

Humvee weathering is superb

What the hell did you use to get the digital cammo!?

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Just a few quick desktop dio shots of my new Retaliation Lady Jaye.

Can you gun nuts tell what this weapon is supposed to be? Looks like a tacticooled M4 or 416 to my untrained eye.

Dat Jaw.

Still the base body is ace and good colours and those guns. Want

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

That's exactly what it is...flip up iron sights, red dot, grenade launcher, supressor...not sure what's in front of the red dot, maybe a light?

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
the posing in all your shots is top notch.

I'm not wanting that Lady Jaye, thanks to everyone posting pics lol,