All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Courtesy of NSA at SDCC:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They said they have the whole thing there, they just haven't assembled it.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Nothing to see here folks. Move along now... lol

I guess we won't be seeing the full model until the holidays it seems. Hope they release it this year though.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
I think they molded the entire thrust system so we could see in through the front intakes on either side while allowing ideal anchoring points for the mid and rear exhausts to rotate from. Just my opinion though.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I think they molded the entire thrust system so we could see in through the front intakes on either side while allowing ideal anchoring points for the mid and rear exhausts to rotate from. Just my opinion though.

Wouldn't we just be looking down the big hoover tube on the bottom of that pic?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Some more intel..

Talked to Tony @ Merit again today for some time.

They have the upcoming F-86 and Me-262 on display on their booth as well. The F-86 should be coming out in the next couple of months. The new 109 will be coming out september'ish and the Me-262 will be later this year likely.

Regarding the Harrier, he did not have time to put it together this morning. This is the 2nd model apparently, the other went to China already. They are having some issues with it, and everything is taking longer than expected. This project started 2 (!!) years ago.

Tony hopes to have it put together by tomorrow, so hopefully!

The parts do move, and they are putting in removable panels on the fuselage so you can see it in action. The turbine spins as well when I blew it (LOL).

They are also working on expanding their 1/16 offerings and maybe 1/18. Nothing new expected from BBI at the moment.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
So much Eddieism potential in here. :D

I'm hoping the Harrier is released soon so someone can make a True Lies diorama. There are 1/18 resin Arnold heads available, so it wouldn't be difficult to make a Harry Tasker fig. :)

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
In all honesty $250 isn't all that much these days. I will probably pick up two upon the first release and maybe another if they do another variant.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
If they are going to add a rotating turbine and removable engine panels then $199-250 may not be too unreasonable. I wonder if all the flaps rotate. From my understanding the more moving parts there is the more the price will go up. I wonder if they are going to equip it with an ordinance package. Maybe even some drop tanks would be nice.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Well about 11 hours ago I received a reply from Merit informing me they were in the process of putting the harrier together. So where's those pictures?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
NSA is probably passed out drunk, with a Joe sticking out of his ass. We won't be getting pics anytime soon.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well about 11 hours ago I received a reply from Merit informing me they were in the process of putting the harrier together. So where's those pictures?

That's what I'm wondering. Where dem pics?

NSA is probably passed out drunk, with a Joe sticking out of his ass. We won't be getting pics anytime soon.

Fuck you, Fuck you and Fuck you! Haha :)

I'm here.. Tony is not. Nor is the Harrier. He's still assembling it from what I've been told. He had to drill some holes and more.. I'll keep checking back at the booth. I even had his nephew call him lol

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Drilling holes? What the fuck, Marine? You building that thing from scratch?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Something seems off in the nose. Can we get a variant check?I mean, it looks like they took the snout off an F-4, rolled it 180* and slapped it on the fuselage of a Harrier.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Maybe it's the "DC Injustice" line Harrier and they're just testing the waters. We'll get a real 1:18 Harrier once we see how it does.